Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

One has all time hip hop classics both album and mixtape and the other is rick ross

Ross is better at maintaining relationships so he's still around but if we're keeping it funky his music is just as stale as 50

He's been fishing for something to stick for like a year and a half so he can drop an album but everything with the exception of that drake joint has been a dud and thats only because its basically a drake record

50's impact on the game has been greater and 50 at his best made better music

Ross single handedly had n_ changing production, after he dropped BMF. Ross got more pockets than 50 cents cargo short collection. He can rhyme on any beat, any style. 50 was in his prime, and couldn’t sell more albums than Kanye in 2007.

50 hasn’t had a good song or verse in the 2010s.......

That’s damn near 10 years!!! Ross has influenced fashion, he’s influenced alcohol (just like 50), he’s an entrepreneur, like 50.

Musically, Ross has been more impactful, for a longer period.

ASK ANY KID 16+ YEARS OR OLDER WHO THEY’D RATHER LISTEN TOO. The answer would be Ross.

50 is a wack comedian and actor.

Ross’ only TRUE blemish, is that he hasn’t cut a check to the real Freeway Rick Ross. That’s it

"I Get Money" was in 2007, that was the last time 50 was poppin until he came up on the Power theme (certified banger btw, G Unit x Joe undefeated) :pimp: ...Ross been making better music and more musically relevant for a decade plus now...Still doesnt take away how big 50 was before that tho, thats no contest nobody gave a F bout Ross till 50 started being washed

Ross has better albums, 50 has the best overall. With that said people are forgetting just how much heat 50 Cent put out on the mixtape circuit for a good 4-5 year span. It's flat out wrong to say 50 is living off of one album.

As far as the past couple of years Ross>> 50 easily, but 50 really hasn't attempted to make a real project in at least 5 years. And when he did he was trying to recapture billboard success because that's just how his mind is wired.

If he was to sit down and really lock in with producers & actually focus on music i think he could still release a great project

Ross got quality AND quantity......

50 only gave us quality from 1999-2004.........

Ross been consistent for 13 years, and counting.
I’m no Drake fan but it’s A REASON Drake does Ross features. Ross pen game make his opponents respect him, and want to rap alongside him.

I listen to some mixtape 50, honestly the ONLY 50 songs that I consistently play or get that “feeling” are Many Men, Position of Power, and Ghetto Quran.

MOST OF HIS MUSIC IS CHEESY AF. The production, themes, etc.

In hindsight, Wanksta, Window Shopper, In the club, etc.

SONGS ARE CHEEEEEEEESY

Candy shop??? :lol: :rofl:

I watch the Wanksta video for that thick *** h**** Scarlet in the sweat pants. Then, I cut that **** off

50 should’ve made songs like “position of power” more consistently and I swear, bruh would never be questioned.

Ross single handedly had n_ changing production, after he dropped BMF. Ross got more pockets than 50 cents cargo short collection. He can rhyme on any beat, any style. 50 was in his prime, and couldn’t sell more albums than Kanye in 2007.

50 hasn’t had a good song or verse in the 2010s.......

That’s damn near 10 years!!! Ross has influenced fashion, he’s influenced alcohol (just like 50), he’s an entrepreneur, like 50.

Musically, Ross has been more impactful, for a longer period.

ASK ANY KID 16+ YEARS OR OLDER WHO THEY’D RATHER LISTEN TOO. The answer would be Ross.

50 is a wack comedian and actor.

Ross’ only TRUE blemish, is that he hasn’t cut a check to the real Freeway Rick Ross. That’s it

Ross didn't produce bmf so thats like giving 50 credit for dre having fire beats and then ross tried to make the same song 5 times and see if it'd pop again

nobody said ross hasn't been better recently we're talking overall which goes to fif and ross been looking desperate for hit for a while now

you taking fashion ques from Ross? that's literally the first time i've ever heard a soul mention him and fashion in the same sentence more importantly i aint dressing like either of them

more impactful? absolutely not

I'm not 16 nor do i give a **** what they're listening to

We're talking about music and ross fat *** never even made it to that point anyway

he was a CO and lied about it thats a blemish in anyone's book

Beards came back before Ross, not giving him credit for that.

Ross ain't that popular, he a clown that has some catchy music over hard beats.

I can't give Ross the credit y'all do because the production he raps over is what has kept him around. Those hard southern bass beats that have dominated for basically a decade now. That's why he's still somewhat relevant.

I honestly can't believe he's still around. Guy is literally an actor with ghost writers that lied about something big. I'm cool off him.

Remember Ross with the bald face and replica Lakers jersey? Hahahahaha

50 starting to literally look like Larry Holmes

flabbynsick.png

Beards came back before Ross, not giving him credit for that.

Ross ain't that popular, he a clown that has some catchy music over hard beats.

I can't give Ross the credit y'all do because the production he raps over is what has kept him around. Those hard southern bass beats that have dominated for basically a decade now. That's why he's still somewhat relevant.

I honestly can't believe he's still around. Guy is literally an actor with ghost writers that lied about something big. I'm cool off him.

Remember Ross with the bald face and replica Lakers jersey? Hahahahaha

Now, you want to use popularity as an argument??? :lol: :rofl:

I thought popularity didn’t matter............

Ross stuck around because he made friends and signed one of the bigger artist out right now in meek

Being able to call in favors and stay next to the guys that are poppin is huge especially in this instagram era

If 50 hadn't alienated almost everyone in the game he'd be in a lot better position musically

Back
Top Bottom