Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Ain’t no Cordae went to Towson :pimp:

My lil cousin up there. The girls up in that campus

WelltodoEasyAlaskajingle-small.gif

I might have to come back to the Cordae joint. He seem like a cool smart dude, glad ppl rocking it, we def need dudes like this.

I just can’t tho lol

I can’t really pinpoint it either. Its like every thing I hate about Chance and Cole wrapped all in one :lol:

I saw today he named his top 5 and Big L was in there :lol: if he actually listen to L that’s tight but he gotta be by far the most namedropped rapper by _’s tryna seem “hip hop educated”

I can’t really pinpoint it either. Its like every thing I hate about Chance and Cole wrapped all in one :lol:
For sure. Especially when it comes to Cole...sometimes it's hard for me to tell.

He's definitely borderline plant with the level of polish he has. Seems super prepared for every interview, never seems to get rattled, always maintains a balance between respecting the forefathers while still being able to get those young records off. He's got the machine behind him for sure. There's probably 5 or 6 songs on that album that could fly as a single.

Something about it seems more genuine, though. Maybe it's that he's dropping his first album and I've only been following him since that Old ****** record he dropped last year. Maybe next year I'll be talking about how he's too positive, but this album felt pretty mature and conscious. He gave a pretty wide range of sounds and feelings, which I would not have expected from a dude in his early 20s.

I get what you mean, though. I think the Old ****** song being my introduction to him makes me feel like this is all him. The way he put that song together was again pretty mature and honest for both sides. So I guess I kind of expected it after that.

The one with the dreads actually had a hit (or two...or three) that put them all on the map. I don’t see how thats hard to understand. Then you got the other one who is always in antics on social media...if you actually have the talent/music to go with all that buzz it seems like it would work out

For sure. Especially when it comes to Cole...sometimes it's hard for me to tell.

He's definitely borderline plant with the level of polish he has. Seems super prepared for every interview, never seems to get rattled, always maintains a balance between respecting the forefathers while still being able to get those young records off. He's got the machine behind him for sure. There's probably 5 or 6 songs on that album that could fly as a single.

Something about it seems more genuine, though. Maybe it's that he's dropping his first album and I've only been following him since that Old *****s record he dropped last year. Maybe next year I'll be talking about how he's too positive, but this album felt pretty mature and conscious. He gave a pretty wide range of sounds and feelings, which I would not have expected from a dude in his early 20s.

I get what you mean, though. I think the Old *****s song being my introduction to him makes me feel like this is all him. The way he put that song together was again pretty mature and honest for both sides. So I guess I kind of expected it after that.

You talking as if you want to see him go up there and fumble words, sound dyslexic, or act ADHD......

The man’s parents probably raised him a certain way. It’s a shame that y’all really insinuating that you want someone who’s not sharp, drunk, or high out his mind, up their being interviewed. Ridiculous bruh.

Since he’s so “polished” he’s a plant? Like really

Some of y’all been intaking so much BS that seeing someone with a little sense, actually threatens y’alls viewpoint or normalcy.

Something about it seems more genuine, though. Maybe it's that he's dropping his first album and I've only been following him since that Old *****s record he dropped last year. Maybe next year I'll be talking about how he's too positive, but this album felt pretty mature and conscious. He gave a pretty wide range of sounds and feelings, which I would not have expected from a dude in his early 20s.

I get what you mean, though. I think the Old *****s song being my introduction to him makes me feel like this is all him. The way he put that song together was again pretty mature and honest for both sides. So I guess I kind of expected it after that.

I don't think he's a plant. But even if he is, I don't even care as long as he consistently puts out more good projects like The Lost Boys :smokin

When I heard that I remembered the name and realized he could rap.

Heavy Cole influence.

It seems the young kids who actually rap are influenced by Cole and Kendrick.

Cordae was right up under Crockets nose, but he steady posting the latest trappers from ATL or Memphis :lol: :rofl:

Wsup with you man?

I been hip to Cordae for a min. Actually think I’m one of the first people to post him in this very thread....

delete1234 delete1234 Magic33 Magic33

YBN Cordae gon bridge the gap!!!

F6C27F23-C84D-49EC-8745-6FD7EF589855.gif

That’s over a year and some change ago. And I’d been in tune for a while. I simply didn’t know the **** went to college near me.

Try again.

Back
Top Bottom