Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Think the point is some of the older cats might legit like some of the newer music regardless of how “special” or complicated the bars are…You think the older dudes don’t like to switch it up from time to time after rappin and listening to the same type of **** for decades? :lol:

Jada not listening to just DMX every Friday night, yo might throw on some of the latest hits and vibe to it :lol: ….Age doesn’t mean you stop being open to new/different things, it’s only disingenuous when you lean too far one way (all old or new music is great/trash etc.)

I can dig it but that’s also how we get to the climate he’s talking about here

A lot of middle ground between DMX and Veeze/Thug level of lyricism (although I like them too)

IMG_2721.jpeg

Lol

Finally somebody said it

I've been saying that for years.

A lot of them fake it to try and remain relevant.

Elliot is one of the main violators.

A lot of this is true.

The irony is, it wasn’t originally like this. With the exception of Akademiks…all those other dudes were legit “hating” on newer music at a point, or just not really connecting with it. Until they saw how successful it was becoming, and the money that was being made. Plus the internet, and the way the wind was blowing.

They stopped telling their truths, or what they thought to be true, and just stamped EVERYTHING.

6pac 6pac you remember in the mid 2010s, when these guys up the radio stations in nyc, and the older legacy radio stations were completely tuned out to music outside their bubble. They never really got to understand it, as times were changing. And instead of having a discernment and ear…they just blanketed co-signed everything. So it goes from new music “flat out sucks”, “all new music from the south is mumble rap”, “everything sounds the same”…to “I **** with Cardi B, she can spit and deserves album of the year”….from dudes like Elliot Wilson :lol:

It’s so disingenuous, because these were some of the original haters that scrambled to adapt. Watching Elliot Wilson pen, “Future is the greatest rapper alive” in 2022, is comedy to me.

A lot of this is true.

The irony is, it wasn’t originally like this. With the exception of Akademiks…all those other dudes were legit “hating” on newer music at a point, or just not really connecting with it. Until they saw how successful it was becoming, and the money that was being made. Plus the internet, and the way the wind was blowing.

They stopped telling their truths, or what they thought to be true, and just stamped EVERYTHING.

6pac 6pac you remember in the mid 2010s, when these guys up the radio stations in nyc, and the older legacy radio stations were completely tuned out to music outside their bubble. They never really got to understand it, as times were changing. And instead of having a discernment and ear…they just blanketed co-signed everything. So it goes from new music “flat out sucks”, “all new music from the south is mumble rap”, “everything sounds the same”…to “I **** with Cardi B, she can spit and deserves album of the year”….from dudes like Elliot Wilson :lol:

It’s so disingenuous, because these were some of the original haters that scrambled to adapt. Watching Elliot Wilson pen, “Future is the greatest rapper alive” in 2022, is comedy to me.
Very true. But cause they don't want to be seen as the hating old head and wanted to be able to continue having relevance, they started cosigning all this rubbish coming out.

its essentially like being a poster on Facebook, Instagram and other social media. The user makes content and creates engagement on the platform. Companies pay the platform to put ads. User makes very little or nothing at all but keeps the platform thriving garnering more ad revs.

I been wanted facebook and them to pay me for my posts. Even if its .0000whatever. But I cant even get that. And then you see what Snoop gets for his music lol. Dirty game only played for shareholders.

I was listening Tyga “taste” and thinking about Soulja Boy at the same time like how he had me almost believe Tyga ain’t make a comeback

Back
Top Bottom