Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

1697672482171.png

New Jersey Real Estate Investor and Online Influencer Charged with Multimillion-Dollar Investment Fraud Scheme

Pina partnered with a celebrity disc jockey and radio personality to conduct real estate seminars around the country. Through these seminars, self-promotional efforts, and other marketing strategies, Pina developed a significant social media following.

Starting in 2017, Pina began accepting investments from victim investors for the alleged purchase, remodel, and sale of specific real estate projects in New Jersey and other states. To induce his victims, Pina often promised 20 to 45 percent returns on investment within five months. But instead of using victims’ investments as promised, Pina engaged in a Ponzi-like scheme by commingling victim money, using new victim investments to pay off prior victims, and spending victim funds on personal expenditures. The investigation has revealed that Pina defrauded dozens of investors of millions of dollars.

The charge of wire fraud carries a maximum penalty of 20 years in prison and a fine of $250,000, or twice the gross amount of any pecuniary gain that any persons derived from the offense or of any pecuniary loss sustained by any victims of the offense, whichever is greatest.

1697684838723.gif

Was wondering how long it would take for criminal liability to come into the picture.

For real? Gucci stans been hating Tip since Gucci dissed him in 09 I think. Then the whole who started trap music debate. Some of these dudes will argue that Gucci was bigger than Tip and Jeezy. :lol:
As a certified Gucci stan with over 1000 Wop songs on my laptop, the idea of anyone thinking he was bigger than TI of all people is insane. TI was a global superstar, who was constantly on tv and radio over here.

As for Jeezy, he wasn’t really popping abroad like that TI but the impact of his first couple albums in the US speaks for itself.

Gucci wasn’t really getting played over here but as far as US album sales etc, I always saw him more as a iconic cult hero by comparison to TI and Jeezy. Gucci wasn’t as big in the mainstream but was the (imo) indisputed Trap God who routinely fed his fans with greatness.

Back
Top Bottom