Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Magic33 Magic33 All jokes aside, post some of the doper stuff from that era fam. A lot of times, we’ll hear older cats saying that the younger generations don’t show love for the old school, but I’d chance a bet at saying a lot of younger cats just don’t know who the doper acts were. Younger folks should definitely do their homework, and older heads could shed some light also.

I'll do it later.

It's actually funny, because over the weekend I was watching this 18 year old kid on YouTube who's building a following by watching older videos. Dude is getting hundreds of new subscribers a day.

It's just funny to hear someone say I've never heard of Scarface or WuTang Clan, and then watch Cream. All I know is Tupac and Biggie, but I've never really heard of any of their songs.

I'll do it later.

It's actually funny, because over the weekend I was watching this 18 year old kid on YouTube who's building a following by watching older videos. Dude is getting hundreds of new subscribers a day.

It's just funny to hear someone say I've never heard of Scarface or WuTang Clan, and then watch Cream. All I know is Tupac and Biggie, but I've never really heard of any of their songs.

If that's the same dude that's recently watched Mobb Deep and Scarface vids for the first time, I've been watching those too :lol:

I'll do it later.

You talking bout king guop? He cool. He seem more grown up than DJ Ak.

*****s really posting B2K in here?:rofl::sick:

Maybe it had to do with your generation, but them *****s was corny to all the dudes my age at the time.
Hell half of the artists being cosigned in this thread are corny. They had some dope songs even if their image wasn't all that. Think they would be more respected if they didn't break up so fast.
I fool with em because they came up under Marques Houston.

It's amazing to me how some of you act like hip hop didn't exist 20 years before you started listening. And it didn't just involve listening to the music.

85 - 95

I see a lot of trash

That has a lot to do with it.

So you right but everybody else wrong huh :lol: back in my day neck ***

Naw, I was too young. I did have a stolen thin gold chain :lol:

I'm offended, Hahahaha Hahahaha has me beat :lol:

Thin gold chain? Herringbone?

I was a child around 1985-90 (6-11 years old)... :lol:

Remember hearing/listening to them...Big Daddy Kane, Rakim, Ghetto Boys, NWA, EMPD, LL, Compton Most Wanted, Too Short, Gang Starr, The DOC, Queen Latifah, Doug E Fresh, Salt & Pepper, De La Soul,

Last edited:
We can all agree that R&B back in the days is a WHOLE lot better than now?

Yeah but tbh my homie was showing me some dope stuff a couple days ago..ppl are really talented and good nowadays it’s just that music ain’t being pushed in the mainstream.

He was showing me some youtube Channel where everyone performs in this color room? They always have RNB artists. Daniel Caesar Jorja Smith were on there

Soundtracks used to be lit back then:

And now current soundtracks are cheeks. I think it's mostly cause everything being so homogenized in music, movies aren't really attaching themselves to that type of environment, on a major scale at least. There aren't any Fridays, Don't Be A Menaces, Sunset Parks, or In Too Deeps anymore because of that. I may be wrong, but I feel like the GRODT soundtrack was the last true movie soundtrack like those (somebody post some others if that's not the case). Otherwise, you're getting stuff like this

This crew had a few joints I still rock with. Wish I could get the entire show on Blu Ray

This is the song I really messed with from them

20 years, b.

Oh I read that as you were including the 2010s, which I'd give a resounding no to :lol:

Because musically r&b took too long to evolve. Now r&b is in a decent place.

Took R&B too long to realize that generic naked singing about "Baby I love you I want you back" with your shirt off crying or in the rain wasn't it anymore. Now you see the aesthetic and content has changed w/R&B, and now it's kind of pushing itself back into the forefront.

You talking bout king guop? He cool. He seem more grown up than DJ Ak.

If that's the same dude that's recently watched Mobb Deep and Scarface vids for the first time, I've been watching those too :lol:

Yeah him

It's funny how many subscribers he's gained over the past two or three weeks. He gained around four thousand subscribers in a couple of days.

I'm sure they're going to start being a bunch of other kids doing it now.

My favorite Jay record arrived last night.

ACFEC0F3-F3CF-4C0A-B58D-3CF902C0A84C.jpeg

Put it on the wall by @$tacy favorite album.

F43613B7-1428-42D0-BEE3-FF5641A1D511.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom