Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

50 better come with it and rap like he’s doing a Power intro

That’s what I was thinking, that’s the last new 50 I heard and it’s actually dope 🤷🏽‍♂️

Speaking of arena tours, still plenty of tickets for 50s concert on sun here, but he def sold more than lil baby and durk combined.

He’s doing a 60+ arena tour lol

These guys out of touch. Old rappers, new rappers.. unless you’re drake (or that caliber of popularity), arena tours for rap just aren’t it in 2023.

Some of these rappers struggling to fill 10-20% of the arena

I know for the erykah badu show (also at ball arena) they ended up closing off the uppers so if you bought a ticket up there, they moved you to a lower bowl seat (since there were enough empty lower seats to cover everybody that bought a nosebleed)

Speaking of arena tours, still plenty of tickets for 50s concert on sun here, but he def sold more than lil baby and durk combined.

:wow:

More than both combined?

They confuse the consumer. It's so many festivals now, where it's practically one every weekend somewhere. You have the consumer paying for festivals where they see 20 acts, then expect them to pay that amount for two or three acts.

Dudes are only selling 100,000 to 200,000 a week. That doesn't equal arenas as a lead act. Especially across the country.

Was only a matter of time.

I don’t know why some of these rappers putting on full arena tours by themselves.

Stick to the bread and butter small venue theaters

these passive participation numbers fooling people (streaming). You don't have to actively go and buy it, you don't have to buy it at all really.
Touring requires the most active participation from the fans, you can't fill these arenas based off those passive numbers.

Always hyped for a new Nas project. It’s dope that 50 gonna be on it, hope he delivers.

Speaking of 50, I know his concert not selling well. Anyone seen his tickets on Groupon yet? I know a lot of large venues have done it before. I seen Nas/Lauryn Hill and Nas/WuTang cause Groupon had tickets like half off.

Soundtrack underrated

I tried to upgrade my seats closer to the stage since there's a bunch available and the prices have changed but live nation lost their minds with what they tried to charge me.

More than both combined?

They confuse the consumer. It's so many festivals now, where it's practically one every weekend somewhere. You have the consumer paying for festivals where they see 20 acts, then expect them to pay that amount for two or three acts.

Dudes are only selling 100,000 to 200,000 a week. That doesn't equal arenas as a lead act. Especially across the country.
Streaming muddies the water a bit.

Technically Baby went plat. But the album only had 2 singles, one that dropped 6 months before the album. Another one that wasn’t targeted at his core fanbase at all.

But still, by the new rules he went plat :lol: Which combined with his earlier stuff suggests you can do arenas.

In actuality, we needed more than what he delivered. It came & went.

Streaming muddies the water a bit.

Technically Baby went plat. But the album only had 2 singles, one that dropped 6 months before the album. Another one that wasn’t targeted at his core fanbase at all.

But still, by the new rules he went plat :lol: Which combined with his earlier stuff suggests you can do arenas.

In actuality, we needed more than what he delivered. It came & went.

Yeah, steaming platinum doesn't equal physical platinum the way it was 15-20 years ago.

Physically you had to take your time and gas to go the record store, Blockbuster Music or Best Buy on Tuesday and give them $15.

More than both combined?

I posted these screenshots couple days ago but check how many seats for Durks show were still available. Baby had sold only slightly more before it was cancelled
IMG_5688.png
IMG_5690.png

Almost every seat was still available as of couple days ago.

Baby (and Durk) trying to tour off how hot they were couple years ago. Fans are fickle.

Festivals most def hurt these solo tours too

I’ve wanted to see 50 live since 6th grade 😂 can’t wait for the Houston show
Saw him when the Roc The Mic tour with him and Jay came to ATL. It was then I witnessed the power of Hov. I went to the show for G-Unit. Either a lot the songs didn’t translate well on stage, or 50 just wasn’t a really good performer early on. He spent most of his set taking shots at Jay, lol.

Jay started with this…

Crowd went 🦍 💩!!! All you saw was 💎 in the air!!!

Last edited:

Those pics from pac in Harlem/Bronx 80s been popping up everywhere lately.

My girl was listening to a podcast this past weekend (7:40 min mark)…and dude that was on there was Pac’s long lost Stepbrother (Mutulu’s son), and did not even know it…until years after Pac passed. But actually he met Pac on a random chance encounter, and didn’t know.

The crazier part of the story is dude ran away at 15 in the late 80s. Never knew his Dad. traveled the world a little came back to Harlem in the summer in ‘93.

It just happened to be the same time they were shooting Above the rim. His friends told him to come and check out the set. When dude got to the set, they started yelling out his name to call him over (relatively unique African name).

As he was crossing the set, in between breaks to go to his friends. Pac stopped him, shook his hand and asked the dude if he knew him. Dude just said, “Yeah…you’re 2pac”. And kept it moving :lol:.

Little did he know, Pac knew about him through his younger sister (Set)…who would always say the other dude was her real brother, and how artsy and creative he was :lol:. So she knew, but there was still mystery. So that’s how Pac knew who he was. The panthers/parentage **** is a lot. Bully Garland gave some good background. Speaking of Mutulu, cool to see him and Quincy Jones kick it:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom