Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Nope.

Only Jeezy albums I didn't like was 102 and Seen It All. You can throw TOD3 in there too cause that was in stores and pushed a little.

Feel like I was one of the few that ****ed with Church In these Streets heavy. That album was hard.
i picked it up
but only play like 3 songs on church in the streets

seen it all was good
sucks u only got like half the album
if u didnt buy the deluxe :lol
but i mess with it
if he combined 103 and seen it all
then condensed it
woulda been a classic

I must randomly quote this hook at least once a week for no reason.

The Real Is Back had some serious **** on there too. 1 and 2. Could have took 5-6 songs from each and made a classic.

:rofl:First time I heard this :pimp:

Shocked this wasn't posted for 3 pages of SnowTalk :nthat:(SNOWWWWWMMMMMMMAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!)

:nthat::pimp::smokin SO SICK!!!!!!!!!!!

:pimp: Him and Hov batting damn near 1000

When the beat drop :sick::pimp::pimp:

He has a pretty deep catalog, but the songs I've heard growing up were all great. I shouldn't always use 106 and Park as a gauge, but he was one of the bigger artists at that time.

TM101, TM103, and Church in the Streets all great albums. Pressure even had some cuts on there, the song with Diddy is great and has a New Orleans vibe to it.

Wasn't a big fan of Recession or Seen it All, but still had some great songs. Feel like once "trap" music/Gucci Mane became this big phenomenon, Jeezy/TI and rappers alike took a backseat.

Wasn't a big fan of Recession
tenor.gif

Jeezy/TI and rappers alike took a backseat
i think what happened is
they stopped making songs that BANG
and starte trying to be to lyrical and make songs catered around that
while imo
they made excellent songs
most folks just wanna hear stuff that knocks
without all that lyrical stuff
not sayin they were being lupe out here
but u get what i mean

Nah, TI and Jeezy both started becoming TOO commercialized. Which is cool but, usually backfires.

And you can have hard beats/hooks... and still good lyrics. I never understood the “tried to focus to much on lyrics”...

Nah, TI and Jeezy both started becoming TOO commercialized. Which is cool but, usually backfires.

And you can have hard beats/hooks... and still good lyrics. I never understood the “tried to focus to much on lyrics”...
jeezy stated numerous times that he started to focus on lyrics
in various moments in his career

Back
Top Bottom