Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

In what way is that album overrated ?
It’s one dimensional.

Mostly just a commercial g-rap record. All the insightful political commentary he showed in his debut is pretty much gone.

His flow and rhyme skills were superior on 2pacalypse now, Strictly For my N, Me Against the World imo. I actually forgot what a talented poet he was until I listened to 2pacalypse recently.

On top of which, AEOM is just a bloated double album with all the filler those types of records always have. I never understood the love for songs like “2 of Amerikaz Most Wanted.” Don’t like the beat, don’t like the lyrics. Of the five solo studio albums that Pac released while he was alive, AEOM is my least favorite.

And when I see it mentioned as a top ten hip hop record of all time,I just view it as overrated.

…I still like it though.

It’s one dimensional.

Mostly just a commercial g-rap record. All the insightful political commentary he showed in his debut is pretty much gone.

His flow and rhyme skills were superior on 2pacalypse now, Strictly For my N, Me Against the World imo. I actually forgot what a talented poet he was until I listened to 2pacalypse recently.

On top of which, AEOM is just a bloated double album with all the filler those types of records always have. I never understood the love for songs like “2 of Amerikaz Most Wanted.” Don’t like the beat, don’t like the lyrics. Of the five solo studio albums that Pac released while he was alive, AEOM is my least favorite.

And when I see it mentioned as a top ten hip hop record of all time,I just view it as overrated.

…I still like it though.
Every song on AEOM is dank. One of the only double albums where every song is dope "What's Ya Phone #" was the only song I didn't like for the longest, and that's only b/c it was the 1st disc. Personally I would've put it after "Ratha Be Ya *****", but that's cool.

I just think his last 2 was his best 2. Whereas the records b4 MAtW, he didn't have his distinct "2PAC" sound yet. A lot of the songs on AEOM especially the solo songs you felt nothing but raw energy/emotion. It's a genius record to me.

His Last 3>His 1st 3, imo.

It’s one dimensional.

…I still like it though.

It’s the one with what seems like his most memorable songs

I was pretty shocked that baby ain't getting more hype but he still the top of his rap class. QC handled the release wrong by not dropping at top of summer.

That song with the Ya Dig beat by might've grown on more people due to the sequencing of the album. His previous singles were also solid.

Fans just not trying to hype something that's gonna get pushed back again.

Maybe I'm crazy but I feel like Baby big enough to just drop an album no single. ****** don't check radio anyway.

This might be an unpopular opinion, but here goes.

2pacolypse Now is Tupac’s most underrated album.

All Eyez on Me is his most overrated.

Matter of fact, I think All Eyez On Me is the most overrated album in the history of rap.

Is it a great album?…yes.

Can something be overrated and still be great?

…of course.

B6269C38-C8C5-42ED-B9A8-93E6F0101946.gif

Yeah, 2Pacalypse Now is underrated for me

but I hate Brenda's Got A Baby with a passion

Back
Top Bottom