Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Nope, CW has some good messages and some horrible ones. The horrible ones are going to wash out the good ones because they're so outlandish.

KS was pretty much delivering the same message to women but in a "harsh" way.

With KS it was more about tone and delivery. CW just be saying some dumb ish regardless of the tone and delivery. There's a big difference.

So you not mad he dissed Nipsey and you claimed to be a fan? I’m mad he be disrespecting Nipsey and I think it’s even worse that he claimed he attended his funeral but at the end of the day that’s his opinion, he don’t gotta view Nip the way I did but that don’t mean his message is wrong because at the core of it when you strip away all the entertainment, I don’t see how you can disagree with him. I’m sure you listen to at least one rapper that has dissed a dead ***** or celebrated or rapped about killing, it is what is. He wrong because he not spitting over a beat?

I been calling him a clown before that. That just added to his attention seeking BS. Using the "rappers are no better than him" defense is a low bar to compare somebody to. It is what it is. We live in a weirdo time. A troll world. Y'all can have that ****.

I can appreciate how Charleston just doesn’t give a damn :lol: the few times where he makes a true point about the state of this “culture” is the icing on the cake.

Everything made sense once I peeped his 85 south interview. Nothing he says in his wildest moments compares to the **** we let fly in rap songs/culture

Nope, CW has some good messages and some horrible ones. The horrible ones are going to wash out the good ones because they're so outlandish.

KS was pretty much delivering the same message to women but in a "harsh" way.

With KS it was more about tone and delivery. CW just be saying some dumb ish regardless of the tone and delivery. There's a big difference.

The horrible ones are going to be discounted by some, not all. A lot of people don't need to be spoon fed the message and don't mind tough love.

And, it's the same.

You're saying he should do it differently, but can't name one person doing it "nicely" who attracts the attention of views with a positive message. They wouldn't gain traction and would never be popular.

Calvin Butts and C Delores Tucker were speaking to older people and laughed at and mocked by younger people.

Look at the views for his videos, they're only watching for 20 second outlandish clips?

I can appreciate how Charleston just doesn’t give a damn :lol: the few times where he makes a true point about the state of this “culture” is the icing on the cake.

Everything made sense once I peeped his 85 south interview. Nothing he says in his wildest moments compares to the **** we let fly in rap songs/culture

People are more outraged at what Charleston White says, than the actions and ills that he's speaking on.

We've just accepted them.

Someone gets killed. Damn, that's messed up. Things need to change. That last for a day, then it's back to normal. People go back to normal until the next person is killed.

Someone gets locked up. Damn, that's messed up. Doesn't matter what they did or are accused of. Free them, because I like their music. That person they killed or attempted to kill, their life doesn't matter, the music is what matters.

Everything is backwards.

One of the most popular sounds in rap right now is drill where a kid will name 3-4 other kids that were murdered over gang beef in a song & ridicule them & their families.

its promoted & streamed millions a time per day, i can't in the same breath be surprised someone else is using that kind of disrespect to "get on", it's part of the culture.

If you think that's a good way to convey his "messages" then that's on you. I personally know how to sift through BS and find the good points but 90% of people can't. Once you say one thing they disagree with then they tune everything else you say out.

Of course he's going to get a lot of views cause people find it entertaining but at the end of the day, no one is ever going to take him seriously with how he's currently doing things.

Glasses Malone did a good job playing the "opposite" side in regards to Charleston White & made some valid points, but to Charlestons point their seems to be a lot of excuses when it comes to the gang **** & the activities in the hood.

I'm fully aware of the causes that create these situations, with that said we gotta stop the coddling & excuses with this ****, them people ain't EVER gonna willfully change the circumstances in our areas. So even with all the BS placed there ****** gotta find a way to navigate around it.

I tune in to all Charleston interviews 🤷🏾‍♂️. **** be hilarious. First ***** I seen get the best of wack 100 on clubhouse. Once he started saying **** the dead rappers people got mad he dissed they favorite dead rappers. He really out here doing the work in the community tho so props to that. And I agree 100% about his stance on the tooka ****.

What was his stance on tooka?

What was his stance on tooka?
In so many words how the people/fans just took o block/von and them side in some **** they know nothing about. Got people rapping smoking on tooka and the radio playing it like his moms don’t gotta hear it. So when he say **** o block or **** king von everybody get all up in arms saying he disrespected the dead but didn’t care about people dissing tooka.

Durk in the prime position and still make time to taunt and diss the new dead ****** and he 30. Wild that ***** beefing wit a 21 year old for real.

In so many words how the people/fans just took o block/von and them side in some **** they know nothing about. Got people rapping smoking on tooka and the radio playing it like his moms don’t gotta hear it. So when he say **** o block or **** king von everybody get all up in arms saying he disrespected the dead but didn’t care about people dissing tooka.

Durk in the prime position and still make time to taunt and diss the new dead ****** and he 30. Wild that ***** beefing wit a 21 year old for real.

That is fair. Always two sides.

Arguing that hip hop is the cause of what’s going on in the streets is and has always been a lazy take.

It’s easy to blame hip hop instead of analyzing the underlying factors because they aren’t in your face the same way hip hop is.

Is it THE cause or A cause

Arguing that hip hop is the cause of what’s going on in the streets is and has always been a lazy take.

It’s easy to blame hip hop instead of analyzing the underlying factors because they aren’t in your face the same way hip hop is.

Nobody blaming hip hop per se, it’s certain individuals that promote certain **** and not only that, are actually doing the crimes they’re rapping about. You don’t hear dudes like Chance, YBN Cordae, Jack Harlow etc on the receiving ends of these rants, it’s ****** like Lil Durk, Von, Melly, Thugger. Y’all being willfully ignorant lol y’all sound like the ****** talking about Al Pacino didn’t get arrested for playing the role of Scarface, well if Al Pacino was out there catching bodies and selling dope I’m sure he would be under the jail

Back
Top Bottom