Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

CB has never had a signature producer and thus no signature sound

When you think of all the other R&B greats they had a signature producer they could always go back to to sound like themselves again. Chris don’t got that or the closest he has to it is those super synthy type songs that are the epitome of generic radio bait. He still has a little bit of time left to tap into that and he’s already a legend anyways tho.

People really thought Rowdy and Schmurda was gonna get out and turn the summer up. If they hadn’t been to jail they probably woulda flamed out anyway. Bobby obviously didn’t write not one song in 7 years so he definitely ain’t about to now :lol: :smh:

CB shot himself in the foot with those 2.5 hour long albums. I understand it seemed to make sense since the streaming era was kicking into full swing back in 2017, but in 2022 we can safely say that no one has time for that. The talent’s still there, so he might as well make a well crafted and condensed album where he’s talking that ****.
I listened to the one album where he sampled Donnell Jones on a song cause I had a road trip from GA to FL and never listened again. 45 songs is just too damn many. He outdid P and No Limit :lol:

Can't get out his own way

This was a Wale type post

He'll be aiiht

75sq.gif

The NY posters in here will hate to admit it….but they were cynically trying to force artists onto the biggest stages…to get a “win” when it was clear they weren’t it. From Desiigner to 6ix9ine

Shoot, it’s reputable hosts/DJ’s/media personalities and people on here, that said Tekashi 69 sound reminded them of….ONYX and DMX

:smh: :lol:

It was so obvious.

Flock was the only real chance they had.

Bout to get bleak for them again.

I was just telling someone the same thing the other day. Von was one big song and/or feature away from being out of here. Too bad he got in his own way.

I’m judging my assumptions off what I was watching the youth consume. It was YB, Durk &Von, and Kay Flock. YB was/is the most popular by far.

In my head I was like “Yeah him being around Durk he’s going to get the Drake stimulus package and it’s a wrap.”

I saw that post of her being "signed" and them making an event with the chain, money and plane. It was a good marketing move for social media.

But I was wondering why more Memphis artist weren't going the Dolph indie route.

Back
Top Bottom