Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

$300M is major.

I still want to know the greater play at hand. These companies aren’t just forking over that much money without having something in the works for down the line.

1656565880117.png

$300M is major.

I still want to know the greater play at hand. These companies aren’t just forking over that much money without having something in the works for down the line.
They can use them in all sorts of licensing opportunities, other artists sampling them, streaming etc.

Back catalogues are worth a lot. Especially now. With these services, we will be listening to the songs that Irv help make for decades. It’s crazy to say, but in the long run, $300 million may be a good price for them.

Last edited:
Might be my favorite album of all time. 04. 14 years old. Felt like a coming of age album Fa sho.

Wore this album out with some new headphones I got. And I sold hella bootlegs of this joint :lol:. So thank you Wayne. Turnt my hustle up back then :pimp:
That’s how I felt about C2. At the time I lived in Hinesville, GA with my Mom cause my Dad had deployed. There weren’t any stores that sold explicit music. My Mom couldn’t stand rap so I figured I was assed out plus we were broke so I knew she wasn’t driving to Savannah for a rap album. Christmas rolled around and she gave it to me. I can’t even remember if I got anything else for Christmas but I played that damn CD 24/7 :lol:

Have to give that Baby Face Ray another spin wasn’t feeling it when I Listened on RD.

Tana Talk 4 still gets big play from me. One of my favorites this year.

Been sayin that about C2.

C2 was all about ny acceptance.
I agree with this and yet I still think it’s his best work to date. My favorite album of all-time. Wayne could do no wrong as far as I was concerned. First time listening to Best Rapper Alive :smokin

I think that one thing that makes it more special is he went from the top, to the bottom with the FBI investigation, seeing your enemy become the biggest star in the world now with the ability to deter your career and loss of label support to come back around full circle.

Not the biggest fan of Irv, but I respect it

and dudes need to stop with the I came from nothing, just because you weren't rich growing up.

SL really a young legend.

Knucks can rap man. He's no Dave but homie is talented for sure. His beat selection on this is perfect for just cruising all day.

Peep this too

He held his own with the Big Mandem Stormzy

Definitely gonna play that now :smokin

Man Stormzy on my **** list right now. Bought tickets for his Atl show back in the beginning of 2020. Pandemic hit. Cool. Thought mans would cancel the show and refund the tickets. Didn’t cancel the show forgot, just postponed until later they said. I forgot all about this until last week when they sent me an email saying the show’s officially cancelled. :lol:

New album better be fire.
Start with the following

Kano, Giggs, Akala, Dave, Knucks, Ghetts, J Hus, Headie, Chip, Stormz, Digga D, Skepta, Fredo, Kojo, Lil Simz, D Block Europe, Krept and Konan

There are several others, but that's who I would start off with. GRm daily is gonna play either new up and coming acts or cats who been in the game trying to make a resurgence.

Back
Top Bottom