Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

This should be a lesson that the independent lane rly ain't that . Granted he getting extorted or whatevs but literally the biggest "rapper" in the game and still sign ****

Dude proposed to Ariana Grande a month after snatching her off Mac Miller. Dude just a hopeless romantic
I mean how many drakes will it be? A lot of these ****** making out far better independent. If u got “it”, being the biggest pop star in the world “it” then hell yeah sign and let them folks make u a icon.

The majors makes sense for certain acts. People in the Drake/Beyoncé/Hov/Rihanna space, those deals can bring back tremendous returns. Selling your publishing is a slippery slope, because down the line the companies will still be eating while you’re long gone. But in the immediate sense, you can do tremendous things if you take $400M. Investments, etc.

Some artists on the come up may benefit from those deals, but there are a lot of cats out there doing just fine on the independent grind. It may not be $400M, but they have to decide for themselves what it means to be successful.

Giving a 35 year old Drake $400 million is baffling to me and makes sense at the same time.

Off of one major single on one streaming service, he has to be making close to $1 mill off that alone. On one streaming service.

That’s not what hopeless romantic means; that’s definitely not it. :lol:
A quick Google got buddy damn near defining it but we could just go with simp I guess.

The majors makes sense for certain acts. People in the Drake/Beyoncé/Hov/Rihanna space, those deals can bring back tremendous returns.
Ehh Rihanna & Beyonce don't write they music so they actually do need those labels sending in writers and whatnot. AnoTher difference between Drake and those three is dude not gon go a year w/o dropping music. Dude always tryna have a verse or random loosie that keeps his name relevant.

Obviously if a major can't help you it don't make sense to sign but the notion of what can a label do for you that you can't do for yourself been pushed and buddy rly coming in with all the leverage

Ehh Rihanna & Beyonce don't write they music so they actually do need those labels sending in writers and whatnot.
Because drake writes his ****?

1651272920197.gif

Because drake writes his ****?

1651272920197.gif
His best writers are signed to his label, he tried to get Abel to sign to his label for this reason. Every rapper linked(or inspired) to his sound was unsigned and basically got taken advantage of versus Rihanna & Bey getting writing help from ppl who've been writing for years and know how to get their proper credit and piece.
2) people really underestimate how much the Machine has to do with Drake's popularity & how much it would cost out of pocket to replicate that
Nothing needs to be replicated if it's already done. The last two albums proved he doesn't exactly need to do anything new or wow his fans to be the biggest "rapper" in the game.

He been tryna tell us some, EYE saw the bbl and liposuction posts

…. And you??? You out here burning women like Drew Barrymore?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl:

Ol’ Piñata d***. You ain’t know who or what you were f***ing, Wild Bill Hickock :lol: :lol:

Same, those antibiotics really ****ed my stomach up.
To be fair, i gave it to her being a little too wild then got it back from her.
You can't win every battle

Back
Top Bottom