Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

944EF1D6-F4FC-42B2-8139-05EAD0F0E16D.jpeg

I used to see that in The Source and think that was wild. I can't believe anyone was actually buying hl
I feel like these came out right after the and 1 mixtape where headache would throw the ball off your head them grab your head band and pull it down lol

I wonder if he has some kind of label obligation that he had to do, so he put out this project which he clearly mailed in. Hopefully he's keeping the good stuff for an immediate follow up.

Yea i'm hoping that the mobster 2 Rumors are true i had high expectations for this but it just ain't clickin.

Just watched first episode of Ozark pt 2 (so technically ep 8 of season 4) and songs from Nas' Illmatic are played throughout the episode. Haven't listened listened to the album in some time but prob will revisit soon. There's also a cameo from Killer Mike in that ep.

Honestly drama and wooda the hardest rappers from Cleveland..if drama didn't go to jail he would probably be signed to freebandz or 1017

Last edited:
That Killer Mike cameo served no purpose to the show. :lol:

That whole little scene and the random Nas songs playing felt kinda forced. Never watched the show heavy but heard it in background over the weekend while someone was binging it

Like the director/writer/etc on the show who discovered that album in college’s wet dream :lol:

Totally unrelated note, I was just listening to a lengthy mixtape i put together of all my favorite Jay Elec tracks and it led me to the conclusion that he‘s had one of the most frustrating and perhaps unsatisfying careers in the history of the game imo.

Such an incredible start with some of those early songs, then took an eternity to release his first studio album. And frankly I thought it was pretty underwhelming.

…he could’ve been one of the all times.

Back
Top Bottom