Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Look man if you believe we are in a great era of hiphop Enjoy & indulge :lol: , i've had this convo entirely too much over the years. IN MY OPINION there's a lot of propping up of unoriginal, copy & paste ******** rap

Look man if you believe we are in a great era of hiphop Enjoy & indulge :lol: , i've had this convo entirely too much over the years. IN MY OPINION there's a lot of propping up of unoriginal, copy & paste bull**** rap
I hear you but one thing I absolutely love about rap right now: ****** is getting PAID. Way less Jewish new Yorker middle men, less greedy labels execs etc.

Nas drive to very fresh sounding albums by logging in with the producer that Taylor by myself for him. Nobody is complaint about that
The biggest “mainstream acts” (as far as men go) are Drake, Kendrick, Cole, Travis, Kanye, Lil Baby, Future,Thug. And their subsidiaries and ppl they influenced by. Then their is YB, Kodak, Durk.

They don’t all do the same things. But at times, will work together and have similar Flows or production (like every era of hip hop).

Then you have regional sub-geners, niche music and burgeoning artist with an array of influences.

It’s always funny to me…because the main ******s complaining don’t go to the clubs. Don’t listen to the radio. Don’t listen to the playlist. And generally are late to understand what is what.

But be the main ones complaining. We live in an era where Nas at 50, drops regularly and Collabs with young producers and artist…and y’all still complain.

Something tells me that the criticism is rooted in something else entirety. And it always has been. This ain’t no different from forever. It’s tired at this point. Let it go, and find your niche.

If the convo is on destructive rapping etc…let’s have that one.

Nas dropped two fresh sounding albums by locking in with a younger producer that tailored a nice sound for him. Nobody is complaining about Nas :lol:

There’s a lot of different sounds out there but it’s like some artists are either using the same producers and saying “make me a beat that sounds exactly like this”, or the producers themselves are just making the “type beat” versions of other producers beats.

Nas drive to very fresh sounding albums by logging in with the producer that Taylor by myself for him. Nobody is complaint about that

Nas dropped two fresh sounding albums by locking in with a younger producer that tailored a nice sound for him. Nobody is complaining about Nas :lol:

There’s a lot of different sounds out there but it’s like some artists are either using the same producers and saying “make me a beat that sounds exactly like this”, or the producers themselves are just making the “type beat” versions of other producers beats.

That’s always existed. It’s not new. Ppl in here really forget the super producer era :lol:. Overall, most Ppl want and seek the same **** at the end of the day. And like variety here and there. That’s why it’s “mainstream”. And subgeneres that have similar ****, become mainstream once white people find it. That’s how it works. Type beats are due to technology and reach. All that is. The cream rises to the crop tho

I can’t front, I’m at the stage where I can’t listen to them playlist for real. A lot of it is terrible, and they still got dated **** on there from like 2 years ago, that was only supposed to be music for a season. But I recognize it’s really not for me. I’m not relating to ppl born in 2003. And that’s ok.

Now there is some stuff that is for me, and also inter generational. And that stuff is good. I can relate to it, and vibe to it. But I won’t spend my time knocking something, when artist I enjoy are still putting out quality stuff.

Y’all just want certain ppl to be the face of rap. When that time has passed.

I hear you but one thing I absolutely love about rap right now: ****** is getting PAID. Way less Jewish new Yorker middle men, less greedy labels execs etc.

Is this true? ****** are still getting royally ****** out here on the high levels.

YB is probably Tupac to every kid 18 and under in America right now...and he was just talking about getting robbed in the business.

Whos popping to you? Cuz we all know damn well…YOU of all people have no say so, or kno what’s going on for real :lol:

Like @addict4sneakers said, what’s popping is relative. I know you’re a Homer, so you know damn well that Bronx Drill is “poppin” with a subset. That’s a lane. There are many others. On the west coast…baby stone gorillas got a movement. Along with a host of other cats. Then through the Midwest, south and beyond.

All of this isn’t “auto tune music”.

And also the fact that 30-50 year old rappers STILL can drop, tour, sell and have a fan base is a real thing. But y’all refuse to acknowledge it. Those the guys that are still winning.

Because it's not about helping society, being lyrical, having substance, saying something or educating

and having them "motivate" you :lol:

Funny how drug dealers used to "motivate" and now rappers

Now figure out the correlation on the product they produce.

Koly P, OMB Peezy, bluebucksclan, Dave east, mozzy, G perico, payroll, peezy, rio the OG, etc.

ALL these dudes use a variety of beats and got lingo. None of them get played on the radio which is UNDERSTOOD. We haven’t outgrown rap, we just expect more from some of these so called young GOATS.

Look how EASILY EST Gee passed up dudes. Why? Because he actually can RAP and has lingo. He can flow on any beat. He ain’t limited at all

It’s these remedial, limited dudes who y’all prop up and make more than what they are.

Its like sports. Put some of these dudes in a different offensive scheme and they gone get EXPOSED.

Just call some of the s*** pool party, junky music. That s**** is ketchup packet music

Look how EASILY EST Gee passed up dudes. Why? Because he actually can RAP and has lingo. He can flow on any beat. He ain’t limited at all
I dig EST Gee, just want to hear him over some other type of production. That most recent project he had I feel like the beats could’ve easily been lifted from a Lil Baby or Blac Youngsta

Auto-tune has been abused but I don't listen to all them _'s anyway. I can probably count on one hand how many dudes I listen to that use auto-tune.

Money Man ain't **** but Designer with a couple of earn your leisure episodes watched

"Uniquely him" :lol: cut your shenanigans Wavy

Man Designer was on some straight buffoonery. Everything about him over the top. I was hesitant on Money Mann, he is a Future clone but dude is actually talented and makes good *** chill music.

“FANS” championing dudes like Desiigner and Book Gang. At first I thought people really were fans and backed their music.

But looking back, people were laughing at them

I keep saying it but Doja Cats team doesn't get enough credit, Shorty was legit on racial forums tryna get chose by proud boys & somehow has gotten a feature from every prominent black woman in the culture INCREDIBLE :lol:

They don’t care bruh. Millennials are all lives matter. Long as she twerking and post half naked images, they don’t care

Last edited:
I keep saying it but Doja Cats team doesn't get enough credit, Shorty was legit on racial forums tryna get chose by proud boys & somehow has gotten a feature from every prominent black woman in the culture INCREDIBLE :lol:
A disgrace. Shorty shunned her blackness for years and is now channeling it in music videos. I will say, she gets burn in those hipster wyte folk places. Went to a basketball game over the weekend and after went to one of those spots to grab some food and drinks . I heard more Doja cat songs played there than I did elsewhere all year.

They don’t care bruh. Millennials are all lives matter. Long as she twerking and post have naked images, they don’t care

Nah that's the thing, they do "Care" this is the generation that goes super hard with the SJW ****. Her demographic especially is deep into that.

shorty hit a trifecta of racial comments, homophobic comments & being the "light skin It girl" & still grew bigger, **** is type remarkable given the climate :lol:

Back
Top Bottom