Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Granted, Meek should've never been put on probation being that I tend to believe what he said happened. However, he kept doing dumb **** to extend it and ppl was acting like he was Nelson Mandela for some reason. It was a bizzaro world type situation kinda like that excuse Justin Bieber's behaviour ****. It use to annoy the hell outta me how ppl kept conveniently overlooking how Meek is and was all in all an idiot.

How many times have you mentioned Meek in the past two days?

Let it go associate VP of the Drake fan club

Meek popped a wheelie..
He was simply the poster boy for a movement against a corrupt system. **** ain't bizarre at all.
A lot of young black men get trapped in the system dealing with dirty cops & judges so naturally, people are going to get behind that. This ***** Foo literally cut his ankle monitor and did the dash. Can't compare him to Meek at all.

The Source article says the following (not that anything The Source has said since like 1998 has any credibiltiy):
"The song not only became an anthem that ushered in the 21st century, but also became Jigga’s most popular track"
"Despite of the artist’s feelings about the smash hit, there’s no doubt that it helped him become a star and cemented his status as one of the music industry’s biggest power players"

That can't be right. Big Pimpin was his biggest hit? You gotta be kidding me. Plus Jay didn't need the song to become a "star" or cement his legacy. Dude was huge before the song and Vol. 3 dropped. Take Big Pimpin off of his resume and he'd still be that dude today

Last edited:

5A3681F2-6FDD-4EF2-9B26-9DAFA0BE05FE.gif

Back
Top Bottom