Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Don’t like was the start of a whole movement. How y’all say it, u can’t tell the story of rap without that chapter. Everything else, if it never happened, rap would just be missing 1 artist. Don’t like introduced u to a whole list of artist.

Don’t like was the start of a whole movement. How y’all say it, u can’t tell the story of rap without that chapter. Everything else, if it never happened, rap would just be missing 1 artist. Don’t like introduced u to a whole list of artist.

Watching that in real time....you just knew it was something different. Will never forget seeing 3hunna, and immediately asking “where is shorty from”.

I ran across it from Lil B, or Soulja Boy on world star funny enough. I think Lil B was one off the first to cover Keef, with this

I'll ever forget blasting Don't Like from the whip while living in the trenches in Huntsville. Everybody rocked with that **** off rip.

Suge probably charted higher but In the grand scheme Don’t like is the bigger song.Suge introduced you to the DaBaby,Don’t like introduced you to a whole subgenre of artist that are still going strong today.

Yup. Rap music wasn’t being charted correctly until 2016 by billboard tbh.

Shoot, even DRAKE wasn’t getting the billboard love until they updated the racist algorithms. One dance, in 2016 was his first #1. And he’d been out since 2009...with big records. Hell, “Started from the bottom” peaked at #36.

Meanwhile, Eminem was EATING at this time. So you can’t compare Da Baby - Suge...chart success with “don’t like”.

March Madness by Future went platinum, but charted poorly.

Popperazi Po somewhere like this

1619706875118.gif

These ****** bout to hit a million 🔥🔥🔥

Off that list “I don’t like” , “Suge” , and “welcome to the part” rang off the most anytime I was out moving around, in that order

Best I Ever Had peaked @ #2 and stayed there for 4 weeks da hell this boi talking bout :lol:

It's a 5 minute song about minors indulging in gun violence released while the artist was on house arrest for getting caught with a gun. I like Don't Like the most but it wasn't bigger and we know why

If you got enough time on Soundcloud, you'd see half the songs on the list "created a subgenre"

I dont **** with Keef at all...hate that style of rap. But mans is considered a legend and it aint based off the body of work, I dont think.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom