Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

While I'm thinking about this, while watching them perform yesterday

The Kanye Sunday Service **** is weird as ****.

The way they circle around him singing. Are you praising God/Jesus or Kanye?

And is Kanye doing it for ego and narcissism or God? ****s reminiscent of the preacher pimps.

That **** ain't no weirder than any other church outing if we keeping it a bean... the are you praising god or him can be used for anyone in front of a crowd speaking the word.

Y'all get outraged and defensive about some weird ****.

So we shouldn't discuss anything on this board.

Dudes get upset at people for not admiring P Kelly like they do. Getting upset over Blueface backlash.

What can people talk about? I want to know. What is discussion worthy?

Because I want some of you to state it now, so we can maintain some consistency, because y'all are all over the place.

That **** ain't no weirder than any other church outing if we keeping it a bean... the are you praising god or him can be used for anyone in front of a crowd speaking the word.

I've been to many churches and I've never seen anyone circled around the organist or choir conductor. The **** looks like a cult, down to the clothing.

003-Kanye-West-Sunday-Service-1-March-2020-PFW-Vogue-Int-Credit-Julien-Boudet.jpg

What does this look like to you?

Is there a cross somewhere that they have their arms up to or is it Kanye.

When I do see the **** is when preachers are put up on pedestals.

I've been to many churches and I've never seen anyone circled around the organist or choir conductor. The **** looks like a cult, down to the clothing.

003-Kanye-West-Sunday-Service-1-March-2020-PFW-Vogue-Int-Credit-Julien-Boudet.jpg

This looks like a choir doing choir **** man :lol:

I also don't see how hundreds of people circling around you is any more egotistical than having hundreds of people look up you on an elevated lighted stage :lol:.

I think a lot of you being critical of this is due to you not liking Kanye, and I thought he was doing these for a documentary. These performances look and sound dope.

I do think Kanye is highly susceptible to forming a cult, especially when he's manic. He mentioned building homes & schools on his land, so I'm kinda expecting it. Don't know if it'll be a positive or negative yet.

Y'all get outraged and defensive about some weird ****.

So we shouldn't discuss anything on this board.

Dudes get upset at people for not admiring P Kelly like they do. Getting upset over Blueface backlash.

What can people talk about? I want to know. What is discussion worthy?

Because I want some of you to state it now, so we can maintain some consistency, because y'all are all over the place.
Instead of “y’all” state your gripes , that **** annoying :lol: ...call out exactly what you see

I’ll do you one better. See: Jim Jones

402FEB0C-97AC-4065-B0E9-BAA54E30688E.jpeg

This looks like a choir doing choir **** man :lol:

I also don't see how hundreds of people circling around you is any more egotistical than having hundreds of people look up you on an elevated lighted stage :lol:.

again, when do you see people in church circled around the organist, piano player or choir director praising THEM

Instead of “y’all” state your gripes , that **** annoying :lol: ...call out exactly what you see

I do it all the time

Y'all sound dumb *** hell talking about fake outrage.

It sounds very Trumpish. His peons do the same ****. Rant about fake outrage and cancel culture.

Because that silly *** logic can apply to literally anything you don't **** with that somebody else doesn't care about. Somebody can say it's fake outrage.

Quite honestly if we're talking artist with the power to start a Cult i don't think Kanye would even be top 5. Beyonce & Nicki legit have them already,

again, when do you see people in church circled around the organist, piano player or choir director praising THEM

It's not a church tho & him & all the other people who have visited/performed seem to have that same sentiment. I'm not religious whatsoever so i could really care less about his reasoning but again what difference does it make if the people are huddled around you or all in front of you on an elevated stage.

I do it all the time

Y'all sound dumb *** hell talking about fake outrage.

It sounds very Trumping. His peons do the same ****. Rant about fake outrage and cancel culture.

Because that silly *** logic can apply to literally anything you don't **** with that somebody else doesn't care about. Somebody can say it's fake outrage.
Another “y’all” :lol: :smh:
277EC135-7739-4712-85FE-7BE26C287A85.gif

But I agree about “fake outrage” tho, ppl end up sounding like the weirdos (usually racists) that take “cancel culture” and “woke” seriously

It's not a church tho & him & all the other people who have visited/performed seem to have that same sentiment. I'm not religious whatsoever so i could really care less about his reasoning but again what difference does it make if the people are huddled around you or all in front of you on an elevated stage.

Church doesn't have to be a physical place. You can have church anywhere. "church" is the act, not a place.

It's supposed to be about God, your higher power and not you. That's who everything is supposed to be for.

Everything about Kanye seems to be about Kanye.

Even when they're audiences, they don't sing to the audience, they sing towards and are huddled around Kanye. Please show me how this is normal.

kanye-west-sunday-service-paris-4.jpg

Quite honestly if we're talking artist with the power to start a Cult i don't think Kanye would even be top 5. Beyonce & Nicki legit have them already,

But what about the people who would actually be acting as the cult leaders in this hypothetical? Beyonce and Nicki aren't close to Kanye's level of megalomania

Like...which of these would come as more of a surprise?

"Kanye West has built a compound where he teaches his gospel and is surrounded by his most devoted fans"

Or

"Beyonce has built a compound where she teaches her gospel and is surrounded by her most devoted fans"

Church doesn't have to be a physical place. You can have church anywhere. "church" is the act, not a place.

It's supposed to be about God, your higher power and not you. That's who everything is supposed to be for.

Everything about Kanye seems to be about Kanye.

Even when they're audiences, they don't sing to the audience, they sing towards and are huddled around Kanye. Please show me how this is normal.

kanye-west-sunday-service-paris-4.jpg

I don't see how this is any less about god because their in a circle around the people playing instruments :lol: .... you keep referencing what happens in churches, or what other choirs do when he & everyone involved seems to made it a point that they aren't mimicking those things.

For people who dislike Kanye ya'll give him some insane credit, in the past year i've heard that he's starting a country wide cult & that his choice of wearing a hat was gonna turn an entire presidential election :lol::lol:.

The same man who calls himself Yeezus?
:lol: That was 7-8 years ago

The circle is def odd but he just started using that formation and he acts as a choir conductor. Why would he put so much effort in a ritual that praises himself?

Kanye has people buying this ****
This what J Cole has people buying

J.Cole-PUMA-Dreamer-2-Release-Info-5.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom