Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

To no surprise, seeing/hearing a lot of this sentiment floating around.....

Yeah I remember the album being pushed back. The Life Story sampler tapes were floating around for a couple of years by the time the album came out. I love how people on the internet have been coming to Puff’s defense like he shouldn’t take care of one of his former artists, it’s not his responsibility. Meanwhile, Puff the one talking all the family, community ****. When Rob’s streams go up, Puff the one making the money.

Sidenote, never forget who had this first- BR

I get the sentiment in that IG post but I rather just give my respects to Rob and his family. That's another conversation I just don't feel like having

5A9324C7-BA34-4FA5-9839-4B6ED3367B80.jpeg

Yeah I remember the album being pushed back. The Life Story sampler tapes were floating around for a couple of years by the time the album came out. I love how people on the internet have been coming to Puff’s defense like he shouldn’t take care of one of his former artists, it’s not his responsibility. Meanwhile, Puff the one talking all the family, community ****. When Rob’s streams go up, Puff the one making the money.

Sidenote, never forget who had this first- BR

That's why I say when you're taking an artist publishing, normally for cheap like $50,000. You're taking dudes retirement. Dudes think they're going to be hot and be able to tour forever. They get caught up in the moment. So you're taking what could be $50,000 a year when they're 45, 55, 65. If you're off the street, $50,000 is a lick. At least in sports if you do three years you're vested and get health insurance and a pension. It might not be a lot but $40,000 will keep you from living out your car. In music, you don't even get that.

If you say that ****, you're hating or pocket watching though.

I've wondered for years if MOP owns Anti Up, because you'll hear it in movies, sporting events, commercials.

Back
Top Bottom