Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I actually prefer Doggystyle over The Chronic 🤷🏾‍♂️

I think most people feel this way. Doggystyle was a perfect album that was cohesive. The Chronic was a compilation.

Dogg food over doggystyle for me

1614308321474.png

Just plain, no

So in the mist of a global pandemic he says "I'm gonna bring back an award show"?
I think most people feel this way. Doggystyle was a perfect album that was cohesive. The Chronic was a compilation.
You need to re-listen b/c they Chronic was definitely cohesive w/ stories, Doggystyle is literally a copy of that formula. One feels like a block and the other feels like the whole neighborhood.

The Chronic and Doggystyle are for me a game and its extension, they're both very similar and still DiffeREnt
Dre's flow and Snoop's ones are totally different too, for Snoop it seemed to be easy, like he wasn't putting some eoffrts in it, for a dope result, while Dre hit the prod, and it aged less well.
But the prods on both are incredible, but as number of songs I listen to each one Doggystyle > The Chronic
The Day the N_ Took Over and Serial Killa are two of my favorites and I always feeled like they were answering each one as prods were concerned
Doggystyle contains Murder Was The Case, one of the 2 versions, and The Chronic doesn't contain Deep Cover
Plus the song with George Clinton which was supposed to be on Doggystle is great too

G-Funk Classics, Vol. 1 & 2 + Regulate... G Funk Era + Doggystyle > The Chronic + Dogg Food

I think Nate Dogg is the winner by his own project and by all his featurings on those albums which are great and memorable

EDIT :

HOW TO MAKE A BABY ON MYSTIKAL AND MASTER P'S FLOWS ? :rofl:

You need to re-listen b/c they Chronic was definitely cohesive w/ stories, Doggystyle is literally a copy of that formula. One feels like a block and the other feels like the whole neighborhood.

I don't need to re-listen, I was around when it came out. :lol:

It was a compilation. Do you know what a compilation is? It's composed of multiple rappers from RBX to Bushwick Bill.

One was Snoop's album, the other was Dre's a producer.

Back
Top Bottom