Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Guns and ganja: Feds reveal new details about NYC rapper Casanova’s ties to Gorilla Stone Bloods
By STEPHEN REX BROWN
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS |
JAN 07, 2021 AT 1:01 PM

Rapper Casanova attends 2017 Roc Nation Pre-Grammy Brunch at a private residence on February 11, 2017 in Los Angeles, California.

Rapper Casanova attends 2017 Roc Nation Pre-Grammy Brunch at a private residence on February 11, 2017 in Los Angeles, California. (Frazer Harrison/Getty Images)

Brooklyn rapper Casanova “has access to numerous firearms” and dealt large amounts of weed for the Gorilla Stone Bloods gang, the feds charged in a new court filing, arguing he remain in jail while awaiting trial.
Images from Casanova’s phone showed an assault rifle and an assortment of handguns and a rifle, prosecutors wrote in a Manhattan Federal Court letter filed late Wednesday. The rapper’s text messages revealed his branded marijuana, 2xtra, served as a revenue stream for the Gorilla Stone Bloods, the feds charged.
Incarcerated rapper Casanova possessed guns and dealt massive amounts of marijuana for the Gorilla Stone Bloods gang, the feds charge in a court filing, arguing he should stay locked up.

Incarcerated rapper Casanova possessed guns and dealt massive amounts of marijuana for the Gorilla Stone Bloods gang, the feds charge in a court filing, arguing he should stay locked up. (Court Evidence)
“The defendant left little doubt that the wealth and notoriety he accrued would be used to promote a street gang that was committed to violence,” Assistant U.S. Attorney Shiva Logarajah wrote.
Casanova and 17 others were busted last month in a takedown of the Untouchable Gorilla Stone Nation. Prosecutors say the gang is run from behind bars by its founder, Dwight “**** Wolf” Reid, who is serving 50 years to life for the point-blank execution in 2014 of a 33-year-old man inside a Harlem bar. Prosecutors alleged that Casanova saw himself as a high-level gangster in Gorilla Stone’s elaborate hierarchy, which is divided into a “prison lineup” and “street lineup,” each of which has different units referred to as “caves.”
“I’m under **** Wolf, the gf of all apes,” Casanova wrote in a text message, allegedly referring Reid’s status as godfather of the gang.
Incarcerated rapper Casanova possessed guns and dealt massive amounts of marijuana for the Gorilla Stone Bloods gang, the feds charge in a court filing, arguing he should stay locked up.

Incarcerated rapper Casanova possessed guns and dealt massive amounts of marijuana for the Gorilla Stone Bloods gang, the feds charge in a court filing, arguing he should stay locked up. (Court Evidence)
Casanova, whose real name is Caswell Senior, gave a large amount of weed to help a gang member “get on his feet” after release from prison in May, the feds said. Other gang members trafficked Casanova’s 2xtra reefer, prosecutors charged.
“He saw himself as a steward and leader of the violent organization Reid started,” Logarajah wrote.

..... I don’t even like Casonova but for WEED?!!???????

....I know it’s basically for the guns or whatever but dawg

He could say someone sent him the picture of the guns and he saved it. A picture without them having obtained the actual guns from his persons is hard to pin on him. If he were holding the guns, might be a little different.

The weed... come on fam. It's weed. But it's a fed case so you know how that goes. :smh:

Last edited:
He could say someone sent him the picture of the guns and he saved it. A picture without the actual guns is hard to pin on him. If he were holding the guns, might be a little different.

True

As far as saying somebody else sent it to him tho, they can pull the metadata and determine when and where the pic was taken and match that up with his iCloud. I guess they got access to his whole iCloud and IG :smh:

I remember one of those anonymous hacker dudes got caught like that. They got the GPS coordinates of his girls house from a pic she sent to him, that he in turn uploaded online

True

As far as saying somebody else sent it to him tho, they can pull the metadata and determine when and where the pic was taken and match that up with his iCloud. I guess they got access to his whole iCloud and IG :smh:

I remember one of those anonymous hacker dudes got caught like that. They got the GPS coordinates of his girls house from a pic she sent to him, that he in turn uploaded online

Damn, that's true. Technology really is scary out here.

..... I don’t even like Casonova but for WEED?!!???????

....I know it’s basically for the guns or whatever but dawg
He could say someone sent him the picture of the guns and he saved it. A picture without them having obtained the actual guns from his persons is hard to pin on him. If he were holding the guns, might be a little different.

The weed... come on fam. It's weed. But it's a fed case so you know how that goes. :smh:
If he has a proper lawyer, he can beat some of these charges and maybe spend a few years. Taking pictures of guns is not illegal. Unless they have the firearms with his prints on them, it's difficult to prove that they are his.

I’m not even mad at Kendrick’s top 25 list

1. DJ Quik – Quik Is the Name (1991)
  2. Ice Cube – Death Certificate (1991)
  3. Dr. Dre – The Chronic (1992)
  4. Snoop Dogg – Doggystyle (1993)
  5. The Notorious B.I.G – Ready to Die (1994)
  6. 2Pac – Me Against the World (1995)
  7. Tha Dogg Pound – Dogg Food (1995)
  8. 2Pac – All Eyez on Me (1996)
  9. Jay-Z – Reasonable Doubt (1996)
  10. 2Pac (Makaveli) – The Don Killuminati: The 7 Day Theory (1996)
  11. The Notorious B.I.G – Life After Death(1997)
  12. DMX – It’s Dark and Hell Is Hot (1998)
  13. Lauryn Hill – The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill (1998)
  14. Juvenile – 400 Degreez (1998)
  15. DJ Quik – Rhythm-al-ism (1998)
  16. B.G. – Chopper City in the Ghetto (1999)
  17. Hot Boy$ – Guerrilla Warfare (1999)
  18. Lil Wayne – The Block Is Hot (1999)
  19. E-40 – Charlie Hustle (1999)
  20. Kurupt – The Street Iz a Mutha (1999)
  21. Dr. Dre – 2001 (1999)
  22. DJ Quik – Balance & Options (2000)
  23. Nas – Stillmatic (2001)
  24. Clipse – Lord Willin’ (2002)
  25. Jay-Z – The Black Album (2003)

I’m not even mad at Kendrick’s top 25 list

1. DJ Quik – Quik Is the Name (1991)
  2. Ice Cube – Death Certificate (1991)
  3. Dr. Dre – The Chronic (1992)
  4. Snoop Dogg – Doggystyle (1993)
  5. The Notorious B.I.G – Ready to Die (1994)
  6. 2Pac – Me Against the World (1995)
  7. Tha Dogg Pound – Dogg Food (1995)
  8. 2Pac – All Eyez on Me (1996)
  9. Jay-Z – Reasonable Doubt (1996)
  10. 2Pac (Makaveli) – The Don Killuminati: The 7 Day Theory (1996)
  11. The Notorious B.I.G – Life After Death(1997)
  12. DMX – It’s Dark and Hell Is Hot (1998)
  13. Lauryn Hill – The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill (1998)
  14. Juvenile – 400 Degreez (1998)
  15. DJ Quik – Rhythm-al-ism (1998)
  16. B.G. – Chopper City in the Ghetto (1999)
  17. Hot Boy$ – Guerrilla Warfare (1999)
  18. Lil Wayne – The Block Is Hot (1999)
  19. E-40 – Charlie Hustle (1999)
  20. Kurupt – The Street Iz a Mutha (1999)
  21. Dr. Dre – 2001 (1999)
  22. DJ Quik – Balance & Options (2000)
  23. Nas – Stillmatic (2001)
  24. Clipse – Lord Willin’ (2002)
  25. Jay-Z – The Black Album (2003)

Where’d you get this list?

I’m shocked a Pac album isn’t number one on his list.
I’m shocked how much Cash Money he got on there.
Was just talking about Tha Streetz Iz a Mutha. Damn that’s a hard album.
Tha Black Album is one of Jay’s worst albums.
Lauryn Hill’s one of the most overrated albums.
Tha Block Is Hot was trash.

wavycrocket wavycrocket

Lil Baby had the best selling album of 2020 but sold less than 40K actual albums.

Kendrick Lamar’s 6-7 year old album album sold over 100K on vinyl in 2020. That’s crazy.

C42D1079-8053-45CD-8911-10B594618AEE.jpeg
29E321A2-FDEC-4DE1-80A6-F7F289389051.jpeg

Where’d you get this list?

I’m shocked a Pac album isn’t number one on his list.
I’m shocked how much Cash Money he got on there.
Was just talking about Tha Streetz Iz a Mutha. Damn that’s a hard album.
Tha Black Album is one of Jay’s worst albums.
Lauryn Hill’s one of the most overrated albums.
Tha Block Is Hot was trash.

The list is in Chronically ordered by album year.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom