Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

They gave him the whole clip? Damn he was praying for probation. What that ***** do anyway?

Apparently some white woman got some work from these _'s, OD'ed and died. Everybody associated got indicted :smh:

He said on his IG story he didn't even know what was going on just got roped in

Apparently some white woman got some work from these _'s, OD'ed and died. Everybody associated got indicted :smh:

Damn that’s ****** up. They only cared cuz she was white.

It’s easy to hate on him cause his last good album is when Udonis Haslem and Caron Butler were rookies.
Word. Looking at it now, Em needed a string of like 4 good albums to avoid this type of hate.

With his initial content, consistency is key.

Em ****** up when he took that long *** gap between like 04-05 and 09.

That + not making more "urban" records that 15 years later we could point to as songs Black people fw :lol:

Look like Em really ****** up with them new moves Snoop got.

1609990822961.png

Word. Looking at it now, Em needed a string of like 4 good albums to avoid this type of hate.

With his initial content, consistency is key.

Exactly. He has 10 official albums, and only his first 3 ranged from good to great. It’s 2021, so it’s been almost NINETEEN years since his last good project. That has to be a record for unlistenable music for guys considered legends. GFK has recent good music. Scarface as well. Nas dropped a nice album just last year. And even at the very least, that dust head in New Orleans can say he has good production. Without Interscope/Aftermath, Em is basically the white Canibus/Tech N9ne.

You're proving my point here.

Rapping IS NOT the only thing attributed to being a legend. But with Eminem it's his calling card apparently. In addition to the metrics...are you culturally relevant? Does your music stand the test of time? How far did your influence reach? Does their content resonate and make you feel ****? I can keep going on and on. But I dare you to sit up here and pretend like Eminem checks off the same boxes that the other "greats" do. Nas isn't Nas, Jay isn't Jay, Big wasn't Big....Pac wasn't Pac SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY RAPPED WELL.
Eminem checks off similar boxes just not for a lot of black rap fans.

I know white ppl who feel his music stands the test of time, resonates, was culturally relevant to them. There's literally a whole sect of white kids that hated and still hate pop acts, hate their moms, and were deeply influenced by his content and attitude in opposition to mainstays and institutions Em raged against.

Kinda like punk rap or some ****.

This argument is something else. On one hand, I don't rate Em that highly among his peers, who definitely are legends and greats whether as lyricists or artists. The other side being he's definitely not a footnote or somebody to easily brush off and the main reason he's named among the best is not his commercial success. Em's whole 3 album run was a movement with a huge following behind it for a reason and it wasn't cuz it was some pop rap music. Quite the opposite.

Like I said its just like how those white rock bands were on that punk **** authority vibe. Now thats nothing new in hip hop culture at all but it was for this white rapper.

If anything one of the main reasons Eminem is mentioned among legends is because he's white (along with his level of talent and skill displayed in his artistry). He brought a specific white perspective to rap with content a specific group of white ppl exclusively could relate to.

Damn. Son was just gaining momentum. Whenever I see these _'s doing videos in a trap house I feel like it's only matter of time until the caught on gang injunction/all in ****.

Did any producers that did a verzuz play any of his music?
🤔
Is this really a metric? How many producers has Em worked with? Feels like for the most part it has been Dre and then his own production and other in-house dudes.

Somebody correct me if Em has worked with a bunch of producers that have done versuz.
And he got KILLED for it and you never saw him do anything that corny for a long time.

Meanwhile...

That's cuz Em fans don't kill him for that. They love it.

You gotta acknowledge he has a different fan base.

Last edited:
Man, even they get slander. :lol:

In this thread:

We’ve seen Nawghty go on Hov rants and there are a few who don’t acknowledge him as a goat.
Eh
Any average rap fan would look at Nawghty crazy after hearing him.

I'm saying tryna talk those dudes out of Top 5, and Top 10 convos, you're gonna sound silly after awhile. Nas might be the only one where I can see it because he never had the popularity like that and ain't got production like that

Damn. Son was just gaining momentum. Whenever I see these _'s doing videos in a trap house I feel like it's only matter of time until the caught on gang injunction/all in ****.

My boy shoot videos/I make beats and dudes will literally get on a song talking about keeping the fye and waving guns in the camera and then pull us to the side @ the end and be like "make sure it's no guns in that footage my boy I'm on probation/parole" :rofl:

My ***** what are you doing :lol:

Is this really a metric? How many producers has Em worked with? Feels like the most part it has been Dre and then his own production and other in-house dudes.

verzuz been playing a montage of classic music from every side of hip hop from everyone featured in goat talk from his era, yet no Eminem music. It’s not “the” metric but it’s a pulse on the culture over the last 25-30 years.

that says everything you need to know about his music IMO.

verzuz been playing a montage of classic music from every side of hip hop from everyone featured in goat talk from his era, yet no Eminem music. It’s not “the” metric but it’s a pulse on the culture over the last 25-30 years.

that says everything you need to know about his music IMO.
Yeah I'm not aware of this or really put much stock in to it.

Like who is playing the music? Thats all you need to know. Just saying versuz don't mean anything.

Yeah I'm not aware of this or really put much stock in to it.

Like who is playing the music. Thats all you need to know. Just saying versuz don't mean anything.

Verzuz is pulling hundreds of thousands of viewers each go. It’s a big deal IMO. Eye have yet to see anyone mention wanting to see him go song for song with anyone

Verzuz is pulling hundreds of thousands of viewers each go. It’s a big deal IMO. Eye have yet to see anyone mention wanting to see him go song for song with anyone
Well now you're talking about something else.

Went from background music played before an actual Versuz to you personally haven't heard anybody mention Em do one of these.

A lot of y'all seem to have this disconnect about who consists of Eminem's fan base and trying to cross over that with other rap fans. It is obviously not the same.

Em ****ed up when he took that long *** gap between like 04-05 and 09.

That + not making more "urban" records that 15 years later we could point to as songs Black people fw :lol:
If he was smart he'd go back and bite his Infinite style.

Give the other rap fans something they'd like to hear.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom