Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

DJ Akademiks is more of a culture vulture than Vlad

Screenshot_20201117-082634_Chrome.jpg

Nah, we gotta stop this narrative that just cause someone isn't black, it automatically makes them a culture vulture. That's ridiculous

Ak is the text book definition of a culture vulture

It’s our culture. We can call it how we see it. He’s black, he’s not a culture vulture.

Keep giving yesjules and Adam22s your attention. That’s your choice bruh

Yeah DJ Akademiks is definitely a culture vulture. Can be very funny at times. Amber Rose being “the Malcolm X of thottery” will never not be funny, but he’s done way more harm than good in hip hip w/ he’s platform.

He’s a trash person and kills himself w/ alcohol b/c of it. “All skin folk ain’t your kinfolk.”

DJ Akademiks is more of a culture vulture than Vlad

Screenshot_20201117-082634_Chrome.jpg
You must not know the history of hip-hop. Must think that the **** started with these colorful hair cats.

He’s lame but, he’s a black man who’s lived the black experience. He can never be a culture vulture. He’s a member by default..... he may be corny but he’s still a black man.... Jamaicans have a rich history in hip hop and, and music so, he’s always one us
Facts. It's head scratching where these guys get their logic from. They will Defend Adam22, but call Akademiks a culture vulture. He's not my cup of tea, but most of the hate he receives is just group minded and some of these fools don't realise that they dancing to the tune of the white man cause they cursing out AK and praising Adam who imo is a blood sucker straight up culture vulture.

Last edited:
Memphis been the hot bed for years now. Its not even close really

Nah. Oakland and Detroit.

Memphis dudes just superrrrr flashy. That’s the appeal. The city’s history of black music gone always have it in the fold. But them boys ain’t touching Detroit or the Bay

Ak and Adam are culture vultures. Period

Saying a black man can't be a culture vulture is straight up ludicrous

Yeah, ak is black but he is also jamaican. And if he’s like most black people from other countries, then there’s a good chance that him bein Jamaican comes FIRST.

im willing to bet money he wouldn’t distespect jamaican culture the way he does with ours.

ion see vlad as the OD vulture people make him out to be but listening to some of the things he says in his interviews do register as small blips on my black man radar.

rosenberg seems true. He’s been pretty respectful from what i can tell.

adam 22 on the other hand...

Last edited:
69, Adam22, Celina Powel, Lil Pump, XXX, & some others I can't remember atm comes from the DJ Akademiks tree, directly. The same ppl you all love to claim u can't stand in here or label "culture vultures" AK put on & propped up. I know this b/c I use to listen to his twitch.

That man was making "War in Chiraq" damn near parody videos of dudes poppin each other. Thinkin it's game from his room for profit. 15, 16, 17 year olds dead clout chasing for DJ Akademiks attention to promote some negative ****. That square ain't never touch what Chance, Saba, Vic, Noname, etc was doing, but be the 1st to post Reese communicating a threat. Shut up.

Tripie Redd said he don't **** w/ 69 b/c he's a pedo, and guess who gives 69 platform? Adam22 got wild racist, sexist , weirdo **** popping up from old tweets, and guess who gives in a platform? The cycle keeps repeating w/ DJ Akademiks, but he's not a culture vulture b/c he's Black, foh. Trojan Horse lovin asses.

69, Adam22, Celina Powel, Lil Pump, XXX, & some others I can't remember atm comes from the DJ Akademiks tree, directly. The same ppl you all love to claim u can't stand in here or label "culture vultures" AK put on & propped up. I know this b/c I use to listen to his twitch.

That man was making "War in Chiraq" damn near parody videos of dudes poppin each other. Thinkin it's game from his room for profit. 15, 16, 17 year olds dead clout chasing for DJ Akademiks attention to promote some negative ****. That square ain't never touch what Chance, Saba, Vic, Noname, etc was doing, but be the 1st to post Reese communicating a threat. Shut up.

Tripie Redd said he don't **** w/ 69 b/c he's a pedo, and guess who gives 69 platform? Adam22 got wild racist, sexist , weirdo **** popping up from old tweets, and guess who gives in a platform? The cycle keeps repeating w/ DJ Akademiks, but he's not a culture vulture b/c he's Black, foh. Trojan Horse lovin asses.

Akadamiks did the SAME S**** that VICE tv has done as far as the Chiraq documentaries. VICE tv exploited the f**** out of hip hop and people fed into their crap. I saw through it.

The 69, XXX, Lil Pump and Celina Powell stuff is NOT Akademiks doing. That’s SOCIAL MEDIA, gen Z and millennials not knowing anything about integrity or hip hop. That’s a parental problem, that’s a problem that was brewing welllllll before Akademiks became a thing.

Millennial parents have horrible taste in music, they’ve raised these weirdo, emo kids. That’s not Akademiks fault. He’s not a culture vulture. He’s capitalizing off his culture. Whether you like him or not. He’s a black man. His people endured the same problems that’ve plagued us in America. Again, I’m not a fan but he’s entitled to make his.

Again, clowns like 69 and Lil Pump are big because of FANS. Not Akademiks. It is what it is. Hop hop has evolved. Look at the type of people who listen to Lil
Pump or 69......

All these people like Vice TV, Adam22 and up and coming musicians wanting promotion are throwing money at AK to get on. You think he’s going to turn down money? No. That’s his bread and butter. That’s how he makes ends meet.

If black musicians are gullible or uncultured enough and go on Adam22 or Vlad or Vice, that’s them.

I’m not going to let you put all this on AKs shoulders. The problem lies with HIP HOP FANS having no integrity and accepting anything. The concept of going “viral” and 70% of these dudes lacking skill is what’s ruined rap. But There’s still a lot of great rappers left

Last edited:
Akadamiks did the SAME S**** that VICE tv has done as far as the Chiraq documentaries. VICE tv exploited the f**** out of hip hop and people fed into their crap. I saw through it.

The 69, XXX, Lil Pump and Celina Powell stuff is NOT Akademiks doing. That’s SOCIAL MEDIA, gen Z and millennials not knowing anything about integrity or hip hop. That’s a parental problem, that’s a problem that was brewing welllllll before Akademiks became a thing.

Millennial parents have horrible taste in music, they’ve raised these weirdo, emo kids. That’s not Akademiks fault. He’s not a culture vulture. He’s capitalizing off his culture. Whether you like him or not. He’s a black man. His people endured the same problems that’ve plagued us in America. Again, I’m not a fan but he’s entitled to make his.

Again, clowns like 69 and Lil Pump are big because of FANS. Not Akademiks. It is what it is. Hop hop has evolved. Look at the type of people who listen to Lil
Pump or 69......

All these people like Vice TV, Adam22 and up and coming musicians wanting promotion are throwing money at AK to get on. You think he’s going to turn down money? No. That’s his bread and butter. That’s how he makes ends meet.

If black musicians are gullible or uncultured enough and go on Adam22 or Vlad or Vice, that’s them.

I’m not going to let you put all this on AKs shoulders. The problem lies with HIP HOP FANS having no integrity and accepting anything. The concept of going “viral” and 70% of these dudes lacking skill is what’s ruined rap. But There’s still a lot of great rappers left
You don't know you what you're talking. Consider a better hill to die on.

Back
Top Bottom