Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

instagram and YouTube worse than rap, at this point. The stuff I see these kids talking/watching is appalling. My lil cousins be watching Roblox and parody skits/videos on YouTube and man... the content is wicked

Random but for you guys with kids, do you let you your kids listen to rap? I’ve been listening to rap since I was roughly 7,8 years old. I was listening to Guerrilla Warfare and was thinking there’s no way hell I’d let my kids listen to it at such a young age.

No because it can trick them into thinking certain lifestyle choices aren’t a big deal.

I’d at least let him know this **** is all capped out and that drugs violence careless sex etc. have conseuquences beyond a music video.

all the good parenting **** goes out the window when ****** get around they friends or some girls.

Dude dont eem really give af neither. Not eem enough to fake it for yo.

N****’s needa start cuttin off the water supply to some of these “other folk”.

Yeah that ***** was like “ooh ahh erm ew”

“They” kill me w that **** :lol:

“ew I know...that didn’t happen did it” :lol:

“Bad form” :rofl:

Adam trippin. Slim trippin for putting his addy in a DM w a blogger

The kids music thing is a very slippery slope, i viividly remember listening to Big/Nas/Jay etc etc from a really young age, but i also wasn't much of a follower and it was a different time. The actual music itself doesn't bother me as much as just how much idolization has risen over the years. And how much access artist give their fanbase.

Also i think what deterred me from really following the music and what they were talking about is that i lived in the area where i could see the live consequences of what happened when living that lifestyle.

Hopefully by the time i have a seed it won't be in that environment, which is great in some ways but it kind of blinds some children to the ills of life.

Video games
Music
Movies
TV
If people actually sit and talk to their kids instead of forcing em out or letting them sit in the basement all day u would be more comfortable. My 7 year old knows the difference between reality and entertainment. He knows franklin off GTA ain’t real. And he gets to see real life examples everyday with me/my pops/my brothers of real life men not the fake **** on TV. Whether u let me listen/see or not their gonna get to it. It easier now than ever. Their friends got phones and tablets and **** their gonna be exposed to it. So if there curious it’s best u do it and explain it to em.

upload_2019-9-3_11-28-44.jpeg

Random but for you guys with kids, do you let you your kids listen to rap? I’ve been listening to rap since I was roughly 7,8 years old. I was listening to Guerrilla Warfare and was thinking there’s no way hell I’d let my kids listen to it at such a young age.
mines listens to Griselda, cnn, wu tang, da cloth, etc.
he's nods his head and waves his hands and stuff when boom bap comes on. its kinda cute lol.
I don't play everything but some stuff I let go depending on content/lyrics...

Your baby mama ain’t no stranger to your daughter. If not her, what about the grandmother? Exhaust all your options first

My bm would never, she would try to scare her
Her mama prob did the same to her
My mama didn’t tell me **** about sex until I had already got a ***** pregnant...My pops never had that talk with me or if he did I don’t remember

have this same conversation with people that genuinely care about you..after seeing their reactions i think youll change your mind

What about their peers who listen to it? Are you going to shelter them from their friends? kids in school? IMO kids end up worse if they're sheltered without being given the proper knowledge of what's going on and how to react to situations.
I don’t shelter my kids. I probably should have used a better choice of words. I’m pretty open with my kids and don’t filter things. I actually will ask them if they’re aware or understand certain things. Example, if they were listening to “molly percocets”, I’d ask them about it and then inform them about it. I just don’t want to encourage them to listen to rap because it’s what I like.

I was listening to NWA, Luke, Ice Cube, etc when I was like 9-10ish. I honestly didn't understand half the ish they were talking about but I still liked it. Didn't really influence me in a negative way.

I feel like kids these days are a lot more impressionable though. Wtbs, I let my 13yr old listen to most rap and he's a straight A student that doesn't get in trouble (yet...lol). I feel like as long as you're a good example for your kids, they'll be fine in the long run.

I was listening to Cash Money/No Limit and was copping every Source/XXL magazine that dropped. I remember getting in trouble in school and having to take out my boom box and all my CDs out of my room. Afterwards I had to read a book and tell my Dad about what I read :rofl:

I always thought dudes name was Fat Shawn not Fashawn

Holay ****, what a trip

Back
Top Bottom