Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I knew wavy was gonna come in with that dusty *** Gucci Diss record

***** been treating him like the boogie man for years for doing the same thing soulja boy did :lol:, can't be the GOAT of trap rap when you moved like a derelict for an entire Decade.

Boss Music vs corner boy ****

I knew wavy was gonna come in with that dusty *** Gucci Diss record

***** been treating him like the boogie man for years for doing the same thing soulja boy did :lol:, can't be the GOAT of trap rap when you moved like a derelict for an entire Decade.

Boss Music vs corner boy ****

Wop even got Jeezy trying to work out and get back in shape! Influence.

Hood LeBron!

And Snow had to get a ***** that came up under Wop to bless him with his last great record. RIP Fresh!

100% i ain't bad mouthing that music at all :lol:, but if Florida could talk trap, I'm damn sure gonna talk it

& with that said Jeezy has the Illmatic of trap rap, & brought that specific sound/image/lingo to ALL of the hoods in the United States.

*****s gonna come in here & post a million of them trash *** gucci verses and act like it's Gospel.... but deep down inside they know the truth

Trap Muzik is the Illmatic of Trap music. Nobody was calling their sound, style, projects that before Tip dropped that album.

Jeezy opened the door for _'s that wasn't that skilled to do it. Just talk some street **** over these type of beats with charisma and ad-libs.

I don't know how you can discredit Gucci's talent when him and Jeezy are basically the same skill wise. Jeezy never been some highly skilled rapper. Some people used to clown his flow because of the lack of skill he had. Every now and then they got busy but Jeezy and Gucci both just talked **** and put their personalities in the records. Gucci just had better longevity and put people on.

Wop even got Jeezy trying to work out and get back in shape! Influence.

Hood LeBron!

And Snow had to get a ***** that came up under Wop to bless him with his last great record. RIP Fresh!

For someone who hates Russell Westbrook the way you do, you sure like this inefficient *** rapper a lot

***** Gucci was shooting 5/20 every mixtape :smh::smh::smh:

& with that said Jeezy has the Illmatic of trap rap, & brought that specific sound/image/lingo to ALL of the hoods in the United States.

*****s gonna come in here & post a million of them trash *** gucci verses and act like it's Gospel.... but deep down inside they know the truth

Jeezy is just more palatable to you...and was accepted more in your surroundings earlier on...and much more in the lane of traditional hip hop that....you can “get with”...so you hold him in higher esteem.

But by man accounts....Gucci Mane just IS the best trap rapper. That’s not taking anything away from Jeezy. But when you look at it in its totality...it’s Wop!

For someone who hates Russell Westbrook the way you do, you sure like this inefficient *** rapper a lot

***** Gucci was shooting 5/20 every mixtape :smh::smh::smh:

Nope. These are Classic tapes. All the way thru.

EE4DD205-DB29-4347-AA1A-8EE939EB0058.jpeg
424E1D6C-B41E-443B-85B3-C1972B3F45E4.jpeg
622CC03A-99E0-4CDD-B76A-F2DBC7ED67A1.jpeg
5F03689F-EF77-489A-AB6A-3B6102116D9B.jpeg
27D869E7-B59F-4AD3-AC32-630E6A78C64E.jpeg
AB302720-48FA-4F9C-A247-364AEDE8DC62.jpeg

When assessing a GOAT, how much consideration do we give to having a classic album vs not having a classic album?

Because when we look at them both, Jeezy’s got TM101 and Recession in his catalogue. Gucci doesn’t have a classic album.

Edit: don’t get me wrong, I’m going with Wop overall.

Trap Muzik is the Illmatic of Trap music. Nobody was calling their sound, style, projects that before Tip dropped that album.

Jeezy opened the door for _'s that wasn't that skilled to do it. Just talk some street **** over these type of beats with charisma and ad-libs.

I don't know how you can discredit Gucci's talent when him and Jeezy are basically the same skill wise. Jeezy never been some highly skilled rapper. Some people used to clown his flow because of the lack of skill he had. Every now and then they got busy but Jeezy and Gucci both just talked **** and put their personalities in the records. Gucci just had better longevity and put people on.

Gucci in his wildest dreams couldn't make a project like the Recession.

And while T.I was absolutely pioneered the Name trap rap.

All the heavy elements of Trap that took off Jeezy brought to the game in the streets & mainstream. that particular style of the beats mixed in with that Lingo, the adlibs, etc etc was heavily influenced by Jeezy. The EYES were put on that style of rap on a worldwide scale because of Jeezy.

Trap Muzik was a fire album but just going through the elements of that album it wasn't definitive of the trap sound that developed nor was his style of rapping. Tip was out here doing all kinds of ridiculous flows and inputting heavy lyricism into the music.

When assessing a GOAT, how much consideration do we give to having a classic album vs not having a classic album?

Because when we look at them both, Jeezy’s got TM101 and Recession in his catalogue. Gucci doesn’t have a classic album.

Edit: don’t get me wrong, I’m going with Wop overall.

Little imo. Because for Trap Rappers...the mixtapes hold more weight than the albums. It’s why Tip don’t get the love like Gucci, Jeezy, Future. You can all point to groundwork mixtapes that hold dear to a certain element...and helped spawn the mixtape earlier and all the creativity etc. the Datpiffs and LiveMixtapes etc don’t get off the ground with these guys.

Gucci in particular was in a weird space. Because while he was bubbling when Tip & Jeezy we’re making albums...he wasn’t widely accepted on the mainstream level. So “street classics” is what he made. Icy came out in 05....the “industry” didn’t start rocking with Wop until 09. By this time...he’d already ran a string of classic tapes that built up to him finally crossing over, his sound being accepted (somewhat)...and able to finally put out a full, real debut album with the industry backing that Tip & Jeezy had.

469EB1EC-D619-4AB7-B088-89C03BA91863.png

Nope. These are Classic tapes. All the way thru.

EE4DD205-DB29-4347-AA1A-8EE939EB0058.jpeg
424E1D6C-B41E-443B-85B3-C1972B3F45E4.jpeg
622CC03A-99E0-4CDD-B76A-F2DBC7ED67A1.jpeg
5F03689F-EF77-489A-AB6A-3B6102116D9B.jpeg
27D869E7-B59F-4AD3-AC32-630E6A78C64E.jpeg
AB302720-48FA-4F9C-A247-364AEDE8DC62.jpeg

Me you & the rest of soIcey NT has had this discussion a thousand times ain't either side budging :lol:.

Enjoy Gucci Westbrook.

also in reference to Maximus Meridius Maximus Meridius i'll agree that gucci definitely put more people on...... but in terms of longevity how exactly did you calculate that? In terms of mainstream popularity Jeezy had a WAY longer run than Gucci. And for the past couple of years both have been putting out music that ain't exactly dominating. but Jeezy has dropped 5 albums in the past 5 years he's been just as active as Gucci

Little imo. Because for Trap Rappers...the mixtapes hold more weight than the albums. It’s why Tip don’t get the love like Gucci, Jeezy, Future. You can all point to groundwork mixtapes that hold dear to a certain element...and helped spawn the mixtape earlier and all the creativity etc. the Datpiffs and LiveMixtapes etc don’t get off the ground with these guys.

Gucci in particular was in a weird space. Because while he was bubbling when Tip & Jeezy we’re making albums...he wasn’t widely accepted on the mainstream level. So “street classics” is what he made. Icy came out in 05....the “industry” didn’t start rocking with Wop until 09. By this time...he’d already ran a string of classic tapes that built up to him finally crossing over, his sound being accepted (somewhat)...and able to finally put out a full, real debut album with the industry backing that Tip & Jeezy had.

469EB1EC-D619-4AB7-B088-89C03BA91863.png

Jeezy was doing the same thing while Still Destroying the industry.... not to mention a crazy list of features in both the mainstream & streets

young-jeezy-trap-or-die-cover-600x400.jpg

Young_Jeezy_Cant_Ban_the_Snowman_Screwed_and_Cho-front.jpg

Young_Jeezy_I_Am_The_Street_Dream-front-large.jpg

100% i ain't bad mouthing that music at all :lol:, but if Florida could talk trap, I'm damn sure gonna talk it

Bra is this a channel full of rapper SFX :lol:

How does Jeezy have the Illmatic of trap?

Illmatic, so they say, ushered in artists working with more than one producer on a project. Ushered in lyricism like never seen before

What did TM101 do in comparison to be labeled as the Illmatic of trap? It being a masterpiece? If so, I don't think you could make that comparison. I don't even think it's consensus that TM101 is a classic, although I have it as one.

Back
Top Bottom