Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

It was Zillakami & Sosmula who had the video of them dippin

Let's not forget some of the best rappers in the 90s were off that wet

That has never been prevalent in rap until now

Nobody started smoking crack and weed together because of Wu.

Nobody started drinking syrup because of Beans

They didn't encourage it's use. They talked about what they did. That was their reality. They didn't promote it. Most people didn't even know what they were talking about.

Hell, Joe is a just say no to drugs. Eminem spoke out against drug use.

When did DMX encourage drug use? Big L?

This is wild

Bruh, this is ill, what are ya'll on about? Ya'll cool with that ****? feeling up random chicks?

Obviously no one is "cool" with chicks getting felt up against their will but since when Drake become this wild out ***** who is just ready to superman punch ****** in the crowd Offset style. You getting good buck and disrespectful for a confrontation that's never gonna happen lol...coulda just clowned him "dude in the red shirt stop feeling girls up you weirdo we here to have a good time stop being a creep"

Prime example of

w0xbisv3bw1ouecddrun.gif

****s probably all connected. Lucian Grange, Jimmy Iovine, Lyor Cohen, etc. probably all have lowkey financial interests in big PHARMA and privatized prisons. Taking away the moral implications of course, it's a genius system. The urban record industry has been a commercial for all that **** the past 25-30 years.

I always feel like that urban legend/myth about that meeting in 1992 to "conceive" gangsta rap has some lowkey truth to it somewhere.

http://www.businessinsider.com/form...t-resulted-in-todays-violent-rap-music-2012-5

I remember reading this article years ago & being so intrigued about. This is one of the reasons why i get confused when people act as if the idea of labels manipulating the sound of music is foreign.

A lot of these switches in music aren't as organic as we think. I've stated it before & went into detail about it but this new wave of mumble rap & spotlight on Rap that only talks drug use & money is opening the flood gates for more & more "rappers" who aren't black to gain more footing in the culture.

Obviously no one is "cool" with chicks getting felt up against their will but since when Drake become this wild out ***** who is just ready to superman punch *****s in the crowd Offset style. You getting good buck and disrespectful for a confrontation that's never gonna happen lol...coulda just clowned him "dude in the red shirt stop feeling girls up you weirdo we here to have a good time stop being a creep"

Prime example of

w0xbisv3bw1ouecddrun.gif

That was good Drake said something.

The threats just sound funny coming from his light voice *** though. Lol

Obviously no one is "cool" with chicks getting felt up against their will but since when Drake become this wild out ***** who is just ready to superman punch *****s in the crowd Offset style. You getting good buck and disrespectful for a confrontation that's never gonna happen lol...coulda just clowned him "dude in the red shirt stop feeling girls up you weirdo we here to have a good time stop being a creep"

Prime example of

w0xbisv3bw1ouecddrun.gif

Didn’t this ***** drop a fat stack of money on the floor before rushing in? Lol

And yea, HE definitely isn’t putting hands on anyone. Props for calling dude out tho

Bruh, this is ill, what are ya'll on about? Ya'll cool with that ****? feeling up random chicks?

Prime example of

w0xbisv3bw1ouecddrun.gif

Wow that Water song used to be my ****. Ain't even know what he was talking about but bruh was sliding lol. Rocky shoulda been put this man on AWGE just because.

Its kinda weird but most of the Mob "associates" were really just Yams _'s and people he believed in

He was in the background trying to get Gleesh, Key!, Retchy P, Pablo Juan, etc hooked up before he died. _'s don't really understand how on point this dude ear and vision was past the Mob. Not too long after he died is when the whole SoundCloud "sound" started forming and it ended up being based heavily off Key!/Gleesh (and Keef) lingo, style, flow, cadence etc.

Back in 2014 _'s didn't even know what the **** a Pablo Juan was, he didn't even have a damn mixtape out yet man just features :lol: Bruh was the one man

Talking tough while security is holding you back is weak. Just point it out and make fun of him. The tough talk ain't cool when you up there guarded and got hundreds of fans there for you.

He was in the background trying to get Gleesh, Key!, Retchy P, Pablo Juan, etc hooked up before he died. _'s don't really understand how on point this dude ear and vision was past the Mob. Not too long after he died is when the whole SoundCloud "sound" started forming and it ended up being based heavily off Key!/Gleesh (and Keef) lingo, style, flow, cadence etc.

Feel like you would have more insight on it since you out in Atlanta. Why hasn't Key blown up? Seems likes most people he collabs with and puts on ends up with a hit or a buzz, while he's remained low key for a long time. OG Maco, Makonnen and 21 Savage all caught some type of wave when he's more talented then them.

Is it cause them SoundCloud dudes jacked his style and ran with it or is it cause he'd rather play the background?

Its kinda weird but most of the Mob "associates" were really just Yams _'s and people he believed in

Back in 2014 _'s didn't even know what the **** a Pablo Juan was, he didn't even have a damn mixtape out yet man just features :lol: Bruh was the one man

That's crazy.

Even crazier is how Chief Keef’s favorite rapper...and biggest influence was a 2010-2011 Fat Trel and Gleesh and them :lol:.

A lot of what’s seen and somebody lingo that’s said today...tied back to the Slutty boys era. Who was drugging and popping pills etc waaay before that **** was cool.

Yam$ was hip to ALL of it. And what was moving. Shorty really was in tune with everything, and how and where **** was moving :smh:.

His last tweet was “Bodeine Brazy”....he knew Super Few was bout to have another’s run.

Long Live ASAP Yams.

This K. Michelle episode was good. I knew she can sing and play instruments, but never gave her music a listen; I'll check this upcoming one if I remember.

Always, I'm watching the joint with K Michelle. I always wanted to **** her but then when Uncle Murda said her box smelled like ****, I'll forever look at her differently because stank box is the worst.

She can still get this work.

Maybe she was sweating that day lol

one hand gripping a cheek the other plugging my nose

she 2 right

soulja caught her after the gym and being childish lmao

K Michelle got joints, she can sing for real. She's said a lot of that before about real R&B not getting support and white people making similar music and selling 5 million while the real R&B can't sell at all.

Even crazier is how Chief Keef’s favorite rapper...and biggest influence was a 2010-2011 Fat Trel and Gleesh and them :lol:.

This was a crazy weekend :smh: If anyone in DC remembers that wild *** "derecho" storm we had summer 2012, this was the day after. The show Keef x Trel were supposed to do was cancelled. They ended up going to Stadium Club instead (all these ****** are under 21). Shy Glizzy had just started beefing w/ Keef...(not sure if anyone outside of DC even knows what a Shy Glizzy is at this point in time). They get word Keef and all those little evil Chicago ****** was at stadium...show up and wait for them to come out. Let's just say that this didn't concern them Chicago ****** at all...as they came prepared. :smh: Both sides came prepared.

3 people got shot that night (luckily none fatal)...none of whom were actually involved with either side. Not a PEEP of this **** made the news.

Gleesh saying this in the vid above made me remember this song. So many forgotten trap gems from this decade

Bonus bc one of y'all ****** in here said Pump was the new Keef bc he got a lot of IG likes :smh:

This was a crazy weekend :smh: If anyone in DC remembers that wild *** "derecho" storm we had summer 2012, this was the day after. The show Keef x Trel were supposed to do was cancelled. They ended up going to Stadium Club instead (all these *****s are under 21). Shy Glizzy had just started beefing w/ Keef...(not sure if anyone outside of DC even knows what a Shy Glizzy is at this point in time). They get word Keef and all those little evil Chicago *****s was at stadium...show up and wait for them to come out. Let's just say that this didn't concern them Chicago *****s at all...as they came prepared. :smh: Both sides came prepared.

3 people got shot that night (luckily none fatal)...none of whom were actually involved with either side. Not a PEEP of this **** made the news.

I member :smh: :lol:

“Who made that tour bus glo up” :lol: :smh:.

Crazy how Glizzy done passed Trel (now they cool)....and had the best verse on a platinum single “Crew” this year

Back
Top Bottom