Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

They didn't encourage it's use. They talked about what they did. That was their reality. They didn't promote it. Most people didn't even know what they were talking about.

Hell, Joe is a just say no to drugs. Eminem spoke out against drug use.

When did DMX encourage drug use? Big L?

In the future song quoted below is that not what Future is doing? Who is on a track encouraging people to pop pills?

And that’s what some of these ***** do now :lol:. Y’all just don’t see it (or want to) a lot of the time.

One of the most popular rap songs this year (XO Tour life) does this. Yet people will say that it “promotes drug use”.

These are literally the lyrics in this song:

“Xanny numb the pain yeah
Please, Xanny make it go away
I'm committed, not addicted but it keep controlling me
All that pain now I can’t feel it, I swear that it's slowing me

Listened to an interview with Turk where talked about how it was different down in NO and some parts of the south. And how Heroin and Coke was seen a song designer drugs, and they were neighborhood super stars because they were seemingly functional and getting money.

This old baby song goes. Idc :lol:

I regularly play this song :rofl: :rofl:

:nerd: double entendre? :nerd: :lol:

full

Both sides are right.

It's always been there but Wayne was the biggest rapper in the world at one point for all of the 15-25 year olds that are the new popping acts now. He def made it cool to be charismatic and unapologetic about being an addict. A whole generation of kids tryna copy a ***** hiding the pain of being financially raped and likely molested smh.

I remember watching this in the Carter 3 documentary at 11-13 in the prime of being a Wayne fan like "nah bro is trippin", Tez was just tryna look out for him lol. This was type corny.

"I don't care if it kills me, because YOU won't"

At 12-13 this sounds like the coolest **** in the world until you grow up and realize that neither HAS to kill you :lol:. But hood ****** and people in general been and forever will be looking for **** to escape the **** they be around forever. It takes one popping hook to change it from lean/pills to whatever's next. If they found a way to make PCP look cool ****** would be doing it.

Can't wait till Kratom hits the hood tho.

tumblr_nbfc600meA1tl9agao1_400.gif

Last edited:
And why nobody in here talking about that hit formula book that now both T-Pain and Atlantic VP of A&R Yung Berg/Hitmaka (man he coulda chose so many better names lol) has confirmed? I know someone in here or lurking knows whats good w/ that.

With what I think Joe is hinting at, Caren is manipulating whatever records he wants into hits due to streaming shenanigans and what have you and alluding his success to just "having the formula", hence telling 2012 Mike Will and Metro that they have no hits without him and keeping artists thinking they "need" him. From what Berg described he's just turning what Kanye and Dre have been doing for years corporate unless Caren's ear is legit on some Puffy, Kanye, Smokey Robinson, Dre, etc. type ****.

Hope he drops that expose piece before the end of the year.

Lol @ all the fake playlists...no google results either

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mike+caren+hit+formula

Last edited:
Both sides are right.

It's always been there but Wayne was the biggest rapper in the world at one point for all of the 15-25 year olds that are the new popping acts now. He def made it cool to be charismatic and unapologetic about being an addict.

"I don't care if it kills me, because YOU won't"

At 12-13 this sounds like the coolest **** in the world until you grow up and realize that neither HAS to kill you :lol:. But hood *****s and people in general been and forever will be looking for **** to escape the **** they be around forever. It takes one popping hook to change it from lean/pills to whatever's next. If they found a way to make PCP look cool *****s would be doing it.

Can't wait till Kratom hits the hood tho.

tumblr_nbfc600meA1tl9agao1_400.gif

Weed and syrup 'til I die
As a matter of fact, it's gon' kill me, *****!
Cause you ain't!

Wayne responsible for the drug use being cool and trash rap being cool. You can trace all that **** back to that ******. Terrible rapping and abusing drugs became cool with him. That guy is so ****in trash.

Always, I'm watching the joint with K Michelle. I always wanted to **** her but then when Uncle Murda said her box smelled like ****, I'll forever look at her differently because stank box is the worst.

It's funny the interview was wack until Joe popped up. Then it got good. They can't have guests without Joe.

Hearing K talk about Nicki Minaj stealing her song and album title is kind of crazy. I didn't know all that.

Last edited:
drug use was always heavy on records

it was more coded back then tho

if you weren’t into it you didn’t know they were talking bout drugs more than half the time

it being more out and in the open is what’s really happening now

I mean weed was looked at as you’re ruining your life now parents would hope their kid is smoking weed if they’re on drugs

And why nobody in here talking about that hit formula book that now both T-Pain and Atlantic VP of A&R Yung Berg/Hitmaka (man he coulda chose so many better names lol) has confirmed? I know someone in here or lurking knows whats good w/ that.

With what I think Joe is hinting at, Caren is manipulating whatever records he wants into hits due to streaming shenanigans and what have you and alluding his success to just "having the formula", hence telling 2012 Mike Will and Metro that they have no hits without him and keeping artists thinking they "need" him. From what Berg described he's just turning what Kanye and Dre have been doing for years corporate unless Caren's ear is legit on some Puffy, Kanye, Smokey Robinson, Dre, etc. type ****.

Joe knows about music and I'm sure there's some label shenanigans around the hits but I'm not gonna listen to Joe Budden argue with T-Pain and Yung berg about hit formulas. If you combine what they both said about his process, it made perfect sense. Joe is just smart enough to make people seem dumb.

I really wish i could see what some of these top execs & companies invested their bread in. Because i'm almost sure that these dudes have put money into these pharmaceutical companies. Music has become basically free advertisement for drug companies :lol:

Also Ak a bigger ****in loser then i thought. Son out here stanning for an admitted child molestor....... **** wicked right now

I really wish i could see what some of these top execs & companies invested their bread in. Because i'm almost sure that these dudes have put money into these pharmaceutical companies. Music has become basically free advertisement for drug companies :lol:

Also Ak a bigger ****in loser then i thought. Son out here stanning for an admitted child molestor....... **** wicked right now

****s probably all connected. Lucian Grange, Jimmy Iovine, Lyor Cohen, etc. probably all have lowkey financial interests in big PHARMA and privatized prisons. Taking away the moral implications of course, it's a genius system. The urban record industry has been a commercial for all that **** the past 25-30 years.

I always feel like that urban legend/myth about that meeting in 1992 to "conceive" gangsta rap has some lowkey truth to it somewhere.

http://www.businessinsider.com/form...t-resulted-in-todays-violent-rap-music-2012-5

Quickly after the meeting began, one of my industry colleagues (who shall remain nameless like everyone else) thanked us for attending. He then gave the floor to a man who only introduced himself by first name and gave no further details about his personal background. I think he was the owner of the residence but it was never confirmed. He briefly praised all of us for the success we had achieved in our industry and congratulated us for being selected as part of this small group of “decision makers”. At this point I begin to feel slightly uncomfortable at the strangeness of this gathering.

The subject quickly changed as the speaker went on to tell us that the respective companies we represented had invested in a very profitable industry which could become even more rewarding with our active involvement.

He explained that the companies we work for had invested millions into the building of privately owned prisons and that our positions of influence in the music industry would actually impact the profitability of these investments.

I remember many of us in the group immediately looking at each other in confusion. At the time, I didn’t know what a private prison was but I wasn't the only one. Sure enough, someone asked what these prisons were and what any of this had to do with us. We were told that these prisons were built by privately owned companies who received funding from the government based on the number of inmates. The more inmates, the more money the government would pay these prisons.

Cmon dawg. It’s way too early to have me turning up on a Friday like this :lol: :smh:. I’m “working from home”...but ready to bump this. Don’t even get me started.

Bout to go down THIS wormhole :pimp:.
That’s a helluva wormhole for a Friday, fam. I know exactly what you mean.:lol::pimp:

****s probably all connected. Lucian Grange, Jimmy Iovine, Lyor Cohen, etc. probably all have lowkey financial interests in big PHARMA and privatized prisons. Taking away the moral implications of course, it's a genius system. The urban record industry has been a commercial for all that **** the past 25-30 years.

this is a fact. doesn't really effect their communities (outside of drugs) & easily lets them control the market.

Joe knows about music and I'm sure there's some label shenanigans around the hits but I'm not gonna listen to Joe Budden argue with T-Pain and Yung berg about hit formulas. If you combine what they both said about his process, it made perfect sense. Joe is just smart enough to make people seem dumb.

Ye and Puff have been using aspects of what Pain and Berg described and Puff has definitely caught his share of duds using his 90's Hitmen formula that seemed to work flawlessly. Every Kanye record ain't been a hit with his Hawaii/Paris super sessions.

I feel like Caren knows how to make a good record as does anyone who been around music for a long time. Him having a streak of hits and this book being the "magic touch" is fishy tho. I liked where they were trying to go with "if we give this book to Ak or Nadeska can they make a hit" which adds context to signings like Bhad Babie or seemingly out of nowhere acts like Lil Pump who have the image but musically...

If they found a way to make PCP look cool *****s would be doing it.

Gleesh been rapping about selling wet for a cool min

Carti and all the other corny surburban SoundCloud _'s he inspired talking about "being off the goop" and "boof" because of Gleesh, _'s don't even know Goop is slang for PCP (not Lean) which is why he never rapped about doing it only selling it :lol::smh:

_'s really in the hood definitely smoke wet casually tho, depending on where you at and who you came up around its not that taboo especially amongst the older heads. But it would be harder to make cool because of the general public's overall perception.

Edit: Didn't somebody post a video of some young NY _'s flexing dips a couple weeks ago?

Joe is really slick. He's been trying to compare Eminem to all situations. Acting like he's having trouble adjusting to the music climate or struggling with popularity. Trying to spin the narrative that it's now "cool" to hate Eminem.

Nah, the music is just objectively trash. The rapping is objectively trash. Joe 100% knows that too. Lyrical rappers like Kendrick and Cole are thriving in today's world.

Wow that Water song used to be my ****. Ain't even know what he was talking about but bruh was sliding lol. Rocky shoulda been put this man on AWGE just because. You can tell he still one foot in and this rap **** going kinda slow because what the **** this ***** be wearing? Bro wearing clout goggles and a tie and a church shirt lol.

tumblr_ncv4g2mG7B1soi07vo1_400.gif

Back
Top Bottom