Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I actually saw Sean perform last night at Dreamville.

I can’t front I’m a fan of Sean but I do understand other perspectives and the general gripes with him as an artist.

I think Sean can rap his *** off and he shows it on songs like Ransom and Dark Sky Paradise, however there are definitely some duds in there.

That Kanye co-sign May have propelled his career but I think he’s at a stage in his career where people don’t care who he’s associated with, the general public is kinda over Ye’s antics so he has to show and prove.

F**** the general public. They co-sign worse stuff than Kanye.

Big Sean is treated like Wale on here. People nitpick and criticize him for silly reasons. Musically there’s no reason to hate them guys. Some of y’all got personal vendettas against them.

Plenty celebrity’s/musicians wild out WAYYYYYYY worse but I guess that’s the new normal.

Big Sean is cool, he just has one of the worst voices in hip hop. It's distinct in a bad way. It sounds like he's still going through puberty, crackling and all.

I never understood the Sean hate. There's worse rappers to hate on. But he's easy an easy target.

Not sure about Sean but I think most of the Wale hate is towards his tempermant and personality not his actual music. Its like people want the right to **** on him without him getting mad about it.

Think Sean has a lot of talent, but he doesn't consistently put it all together. A lot of boring or lackluster projects after people have been anticipating his release.

Sean being introduced to the world via Kanye and those crossover mainstream singles off rip prolly hurt him in the long run cause he ended up kinda leaning on that and forwent digging in and working on his brand and perception

Because when everything cools down your brand and **** like that is all you got to stand on in a way. _’s “feel like” they know the Kendricks, Coles etc. They know what they about, what they stand for etc

People that are not die hard Sean fans don’t really know **** about bruh, he just kinda look like a generic rapper (that dated XYZ popular female) to most

Last edited:
Not sure about Sean but I think most of the Wale hate is towards his tempermant and personality not his actual music. Its like people want the right to **** on him without him getting mad about it.

Wale hate is definitely attributed to his attitude. The years of whining publicly about not being recognized as one of the best artists of his generation has rubbed people the wrong way. Instead of criticizing others for not liking him, he should’ve kept putting out quality music that can’t be denied. Now it’s the cool thing to do to hate on dude.

The music is undeniable though. He has a point in thinking that he should be on a higher level, but nobody likes whining *** people.

TAAN > any album from Drake, Cole, or Sean

Dead srs.

Or the fact that he’s in his feelings might be because he got in his bag on that track, but radio/social media gassed Kendrick because he said some names.
Bruh shouldn't have gotten sensitive. Kendrick had a more effective verse. Everybody was talking bout that and had they own lil corny response. Don't forget NY rappers was in they feelings

Last edited:
Or the fact that he’s in his feelings might be because he got in his bag on that track, but radio/social media gassed Kendrick because he said some names.
But if you outdid somebody ain't no reason to get sensitvie. He got killed on a song and people let him know. Same way Jay was upset after Ether.

F**** the general public. They co-sign worse stuff than Kanye.

Big Sean is treated like Wale on here. People nitpick and criticize him for silly reasons. Musically there’s no reason to hate them guys. Some of y’all got personal vendettas against them.

Plenty celebrity’s/musicians wild out WAYYYYYYY worse but I guess that’s the new normal.
Wale is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Big Sean.

Thats how whack I think Big Sean is. He's not these lil w/e rapper whack but he just boring and corny to me.

I understood the trolling of Wale on here but not any actual hate. Given it is apparent dude been looking for validation online which makes him look like a lame.

Wale hate is definitely attributed to his attitude. The years of whining publicly about not being recognized as one of the best artists of his generation has rubbed people the wrong way. Instead of criticizing others for not liking him, he should’ve kept putting out quality music that can’t be denied. Now it’s the cool thing to do to hate on dude.

The music is undeniable though. He has a point in thinking that he should be on a higher level, but nobody likes whining *** people.

TAAN > any album from Drake, Cole, or Sean

Dead srs.
Wale acts like there's something wrong living in the music upper middle class. He's too into the "me against..." narrative, like relax and make music.

Back
Top Bottom