Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

What does that video I posted have to do with his music. That aint a song or a video, he's literally threatening somebody on camera with a gun on social media.

The internet has trained these younger _'s into thinking "trolling" and internet tough talk is ok and nothing will happen but now they're getting a few rude awakenings, either the Feds kicking down the door or getting jumped. They're learning the energy you put out, you get back. The thirst for internet fame is crazy though, I honestly don't see it slowing down no time soon.

The internet has trained these younger _'s into thinking "trolling" and internet tough talk is ok and nothing will happen but now they're getting a few rude awakenings, either the Feds kicking down the door or getting jumped. They're learning the energy you put out, you get back.

Feel safe behind a computer/phone screen.

Same way people feel safe in their car but wouldn't dare do or say that same **** if they were walking down the street.

I didn’t even know Almighty Jay was talking greasy. I don’t even know a song of his. But where was his mans? Why is he in another city dolo? Come on. :{

Damn, first son almost lost an eye, now this
This dude can't catch a break

I didn’t even know Almighty Jay was talking greasy. I don’t even know a song of his. But where was his mans? Why is he in another city dolo? Come on. :smh:
Them YBN yutes always saying some wild ****. I'm interested in hearing why they flipped him though.

Edit: Yikes, they buck fifty hombre.

Last edited:
The internet has trained these younger _'s into thinking "trolling" and internet tough talk is ok and nothing will happen but now they're getting a few rude awakenings, either the Feds kicking down the door or getting jumped. They're learning the energy you put out, you get back. The thirst for internet fame is crazy though, I honestly don't see it slowing down no time soon.

Feel safe behind a computer/phone screen.

Same way people feel safe in their car but wouldn't dare do or say that same **** if they were walking down the street.
It’s enabled cowards and weaklings to say any and all kinds of flagrant **** that comes to their mind instantaneously when we know in person they wouldn’t for various reasons. Why use critical thinking and reasoning when you can type suck my **** to someone and not deal with the consequences. **** is disgusting and that’s a lot bigger than rap, that’s why I don’t understand blaming it on the previous generations at all.

That’s a societal issue more than a “culture” issue. With streaming we now have access to damn near all kinds of music but we blaming gangster/hood rappers? If kids find that **** entertaining and want to live that out when they’re in an environment that don’t require it than that’s on them, but I would hope once they reach a certain age they would grow up and not lust after likes/follows cause that’s what a lot of this **** is for

As long as I'm breathing, I'll never understand what made Puff think it was such a smart move gallivanting around LA like that with BIG. I honestly don't think he gets as much heat as he should for that horrible decision.

Hard to say. Hindsight is 20/20. Being what happen to Tupac, probably, yeah. But it was an event with a bunch of security, so they thought.

Never been to NY (aside from Buffalo) but pretty sure Yonkers furthest thing from the burbs.

One of you NY cats confirm this

@Hahahaha Magic33 Magic33 @illphillip kingfoamnyc kingfoamnyc

Yonkers is the suburbs for the city. Yonkers(Westchester County), Queens and Long Island are where people moved to live a better life.

New Yorkers consider everything with houses and grass the suburbs though. If it wasn't Harlem, Brooklyn or the Bronx you weren't really respected. That's why parts of Queens, Staten Island and Long Island probably started getting extra grimey.

Yonkers is like everywhere, it has rough areas, and they have projects. DMX and Mary are from the projects. Of course everything is better now.

Show Me A Hero a HBO miniseries described the formation of Schlobohm, where Mary and DMX grew up. It was pretty much push all the poor black and latinos together. Their own version of Hamsterdamn. Give them drugs and guns and let them kill each other, as long as they don't come to our neighborhoods. It was done all over New York.

Last edited:
Son @wavycrocket talking about “restoring the energy” with a youngin on a hospital bed, and a few of y’all like it,
F*** wrong with y’all ??

giphy.gif

Who are you?

It's not like you are a regular. What do you contribute to this topic?

Back
Top Bottom