Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

SMH, his posture and tone are trash. If you gonna apologize do it right and do it off camera. That **** was disappointing to see. I'm sorry, whatever. Come on fam.

Guilt is undefeated. (Not saying all parties are innocent) or apology absolves everything but, time will humble you.

No longer being a headliner... will humble you

That Dame **** look spooky lowkey :lol: where the **** is that at? So many questions :lol:

Also he def sound drunk

Only so long you can betray god

giphy.gif

Ehh.

Concerns me none that Travis Scott has 30 writers on a song.

The Hip-Hop "rule" is that it's something that EMCEES don't do. Who looks at Travis Scott as an emcee?

Him...Drake...Kanye. These people rap...but it's just a PART of what they do. They aren't emcees. They're curators. I'm not holding these people to the same standards as people who are emcees and aren't mistaken for being anything else.

Lol i completely ignored the rapping-mc-ing part about this when I posted that. I was just thinkin

"damn... a major usually owns 70%, but lets say the label gets 50% of the song.. there's 30 (or 13) writers on this song... 50/13= 3.18% of the song per writer.. yikes."

but the song probably go a few times platinum so they still making like $50,000 per writer. and i guess the trade-off is to have a huge popular song for lower cut of profits from the song but the song is so popular u get to charge more for your booked shows, so that might be worth it for travis

Jay got shooters

He made Dame cop pleas the same way he made Kanye cop pleas, the same way he made MC Hammer cop pleas:lol:

Wait when did Hammer cop a plea? He a boss in oakland.

This was back in 2010

When Jay dropped that “So Appalled” verse “unlike Hammer, 30 million can’t hurt me”

Hammer went on this few weeks long rants/youtube vids that he was gonna expose “devil boy” Jay on Halloween of that year

And like the day before his big “exposure” he backed out and said he’s bigger than that etc.

I’m just going off pure memory but its in line with that

Back
Top Bottom