Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I heard this idea last year or so, I forgot from where. But why are the Grammys still as big as it is? With rap being the number one genre now, why don’t all these people skip the Grammys and make the BET awards the new Grammys? Or even make a whole new award show. Makes no sense to keep running to a place that’s so out of touch for validation from people who don’t matter. If all those black artists just came together and said **** em, I bet some **** would be different.
I thought the same a decade or more ago in regards to the Rock&Roll Hall of fame.

It made no sense at all to me when I hear **** like the NWA was inducted in the RnR HoF.

There should be a Hip Hop Hall of Fame.

There should be a Hip Hop Awards.

Instead ppl settle for Hip Hop Honors, Grammys, and BET awards. I'd rather we elevate the Soul Train Awards.

I'm really interested in how long her wave can last. She's young now, but I wonder if females gon let her thot it up well into her 30s and all that and it be cool

Nicki is on her way to 40 and still doing it. Cardi will be fine but I feel like she'll move on from music in the next few years. She seems to not have the passion for it like that.

rs_1024x759-160828183741-1024-2nicki-minaj-ariana-grande-performace-mtv-vmas.jpg

The question I have about the whole Pusha T/Drake thing is is their beef legit, like if two people are going hard at one another and are in the same venue, should there not be some sort of altercation, I respect them both for being classy about it and what not, but you know....

I heard this idea last year or so, I forgot from where. But why are the Grammys still as big as it is? With rap being the number one genre now, why don’t all these people skip the Grammys and make the BET awards the new Grammys? Or even make a whole new award show. Makes no sense to keep running to a place that’s so out of touch for validation from people who don’t matter. If all those black artists just came together and said **** em, I bet some **** would be different.

It's hard to change everybody's mind to any other direction than what has been solidified as "the way". Respecting the Grammys or Oscars or any other "major" award is a part of our society. Even with all the bull, it's still a pivotal moment in an artists' career.

I'm all for having our own awards and award shows but we have to stop thinking things are as simple as "Let's just do our own". It will take some time for us to have a respectable award ceremony that everybody puts worth in.

The question I have about the whole Pusha T/Drake thing is is their beef legit, like if two people are going hard at one another and are in the same venue, should there not be some sort of altercation, I respect them both for being classy about it and what not, but you know....

You ain't gotta fight everybody you have problems with, it ain't worth the energy.

I doubt it especially from Pusha T since he's older. I could see something happening if they were on a elevator or something. Those altercations aren't as prevalent anymore since nowadays you can get at somebody immediatly through social media instead of keeping that **** bottled inside till you meet.

Back
Top Bottom