Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

The Keef project weak but I don’t think he had much to do with it, he signed his life away to that billionaire :lol:

they were posting songs on ktt and they literaly put his acapellas over robot dubstep stock music. literally like thats not even a trying to be funny exaggeration.

1. who sat there and stitched these songs together for weeks with a straight face

2. who was the target demographic to where they said this would sell more than the trap beats these acapellas came with :lol:

the music industry is craaazy (mal voice)

in theory this aint bad but bruh b at them shows wilding like he bulletproof.

i hate how rappers act crazy and got kids and **** at home that gotta face the repercussions if something happens to the rapper.

Yeah a regular show I get . This is an actual 21+ club though filled with smoke and ****** ready to fight lol

The thing ya'll need to understand is there are opinions and then there are facts.

Music is the most opinionated business there is.

If you say somebody can "rap better than somebody" thats an opinion. If you say somebody has earned "half a million dollars from touring this year" thats a fact. You can't just say "my guy only sold 20,000 albums but he's a way better rapper then your guy who went gold because he raps better". Your guy only raps good to those 20,000 people. You have to keep your facts completely separate from opinion. Opinions will have you looking foolish out here. trust me.

You can be any type of rapper (Southern, New York, West) and sell records. We have all seen this. The game is about having the biggest impact on your fans. Getting them to understand what you are saying in a significant number and going to support you and buy your album. The day will come when a "rappers rapper" will come around and be at the top of the genre and sell millions of records. Its happened before, but today aint that day. That person does not exist... not even NY.

All we have today are facts. Drake went platinum. THATS A FACT. Rick Ross had the album this year that most resembles a classic rap record. THATS MY OPINION. Obviously everybody don't feel the way I do.

Keep your opinions separate from the facts.

He did invent mumble rap tho :lol:. But I agree I wouldn't call him a mumble rapper

I have a theory about that...

The rumors of Wanye utilizing rappers persona that were signed to the CMR camp changed throughout his career. For instance, Gillie da Kid, Currency...etc)

Well All Star Cashville Prince bka Starlito was also a signing member of the Camp. During that period when Wayne sounds like “mumble” -this is actually Starlito style of flow.

The **** kinda pack is this ***** off :lol:

he’s ran out of things to have genuine documentary montage worthy rants over and thinks this is important

the basis of his argument is “why isnt your opinion what i want it to be” :lol: which is exactly what he says ppl are doing to him

we really gotta wait till fall 2019 to see Donald Glover and co. hem this ***** up with an Atlanta parody character.

It would be so crazy if they got him to play himself or even funnier he played the parody character of himself.

They should put him in make up and **** to where we dont know if its him or not like teddy walton

805FB006-0A2E-4993-A359-176BC53621CE.jpeg

id say future invented the modern incarnation of mumble rap. when he first came out he said ppl literally didnt know wht he was saying.

id say future invented the modern incarnation of mumble rap. when he first came out he said ppl literally didnt know wht he was saying.

Genius. GOAT!

Partly true. He said this about Racks if I remember correctly. Ain’t no what yo was saying for the longest on there, and inintually couldn’t distinguish him from YC :lol:. Still a good song. But the HEAVY lingo, accents and slurred speech are hard for even Atl natives to understand on racks :lol:. Future is crystal clear on about 90% of his records.

And I think “mumble rap” , just became a catchall term by washed, out of touch fans/rappers to categorize any rapper they PERCEIVE as not being “lyrical” in their classical senses. You’d have Eminem or hopsin fans call 2 Chainz or something a “mumble rapper” :lol:. Or be like this stuck in the 90s Dad that can’t understand NBA Youngboy when he’s speaking clearly (his accent is too strong :lol:)

Bun B described it perfectly on Drink Champs and the **** UGK had to cut through. You’d think a ***** couldn’t rap or something if you ain’t understand what swangas and tippin was.

@ 36:40

That video by Swizz was weak as ****. Song sounds like ****. Message cool but he could have just left the music out of it and said what he said.

People still denying Wayne’s the leader of the mumblers and responsible for this trash rap we getting today? Hahahahaha

Back
Top Bottom