Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

The real NO album we been waiting on dropped, how that gates sound?

Wayne is this version of Sly Stone...

03ED5609-267E-486A-97B9-52125ED7457C.jpeg

Gates delivered.

One subjective criticism is that it’s 18 tracks of just him; no features. I’m not a fan of artists doing that. A feature here and there breaks up any monotonous feeling a person gets when they listen to an album. A featured verse, a chorus, something.

But I understand why he’d take this approach since this is his first full length project after being locked up.

Outside of that throne in my side, the joint goes. A couple skippable tracks, but that’s to be expected when you have 18 songs. On my first 3 listens I’m impressed and I’m standing by the whole “Gates is in the top 3 acts out right now” thing.

Cats sitting through an hour of C5 might as well give Gates a full listen. Willing to bet they’d enjoy it. :smokin

C5 is good to me , rock with 15/22 of the tracks.

Can’t be broken , Mona Lisa and let it all work out my top 3.

Him talking about the attempted suicide over the sampha loop :frown:

This Gangin II is a disappointment :smh:

And how to they label make money off them with all the samples they use? I swear I heard a Marvin Gaye sample on here

Empire kinda let _’s do whatever sometimes lol

Jay Worthy (LNDN DRGS) be rapping over whole *** soul/funk songs with minimal transformation. Literally just a looped portion of the song with like 1 sound added in :lol:

The truth is they really just coming for the Kanye's etc. Major _'s. A lot of other ppl just slip by. Unless you just end up with a hit or something but at that point its kinda a good problem to have in a way.

I'm not counting Kodak out yet man, Keef went through basically the same **** and stumbled on a whole new sound in the process. A sound that inspired a whole generation of young _'s up under him like Carti etc

Baby didn’t want to drop it cause he knew it wasn’t gonna sell and he knew it would be a bad look for them

I'm not counting Kodak out yet man, Keef went through basically the same **** and stumbled on a whole new sound in the process. A sound that inspired a whole generation of young _'s up under him like Carti etc

Kodak has one more chance. I haven't forgotten those tracks he dropped before he went to jail. **** was nothing but lockjaw

lil wayne album review **** is trash
No ********, I appreciate this. I’m still gonna suffer through it tonight, but this kept me entertained at work this morning, and now I won’t go into it expecting anything. Knew son was washed when he was out here with the baldie/dreads combo.

Back
Top Bottom