Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

It happens to almost all rappers

It really doesn't.

Post prime Jay-Z's flow can be a lil shaky every now and then...but he's still rapping at a high level.

Eminem is trash in the sense that his music doesn't connect...but his technical ability to rap is still present. Nas isn't dropping Esco bars...but he can still rap.

Current Lil Wayne is like if Stephen Curry suddenly couldn't shoot anymore late in his career.

halfway in CV...not bad honestly. its his voice thats holding him back lyrically hes in there. sonically its meh but different so appreciated. doubt ill revisit this album so far

It really doesn't.

Post prime Jay-Z's flow can be a lil shaky every now and then...but he's still rapping at a high level.

Eminem is trash in the sense that his music doesn't connect...but his technical ability to rap is still present. Nas isn't dropping Esco bars...but he can still rap.

Current Lil Wayne is like if Stephen Curry suddenly couldn't shoot anymore late in his career.

you named two rappers who are considered one of thee greatest

This Gangin II is a disappointment :smh:

And how to they label make money off them with all the samples they use? I swear I heard a Marvin Gaye sample on here

****** are obsessed with the idea of being "the best". There is no "best". There is no "goat". All these ****** are considered "goats" because: 1) they either died first or 2) they told us they were the best first and alot of people believed it.

Personally, I think it's absurd that anyone considers Eminem a "goat", but I'm not going to ignore that millions of people do. I'm excluding my personal bias. If you say Lil Wayne isn't considered one, you would be lying to yourself.

All of this is irrelevant and has nothing to do with the original point...that rappers just don't lose their ability to rap. It's a craft. You can lose sharpness, but you can't forget HOW to. A good sketch artist isn't going to forget how to sketch one day.

*****s are obsessed with the idea of being "the best". There is no "best". There is no "goat". All these *****s are considered "goats" because: 1) they either died first or 2) they told us they were the best first and alot of people believed it.

Personally, I think it's absurd that anyone considers Eminem a "goat", but I'm not going to ignore that millions of people do. I'm excluding my personal bias. If you say Lil Wayne isn't considered one, you would be lying to yourself.

All of this is irrelevant and has nothing to do with the original point...that rappers just don't lose their ability to rap. It's a craft. You can lose sharpness, but you can't forget HOW to. A good sketch artist isn't going to forget how to sketch one day.

I’m mostly talking **** fam. But by saying that he’s considered as one of the goats speaks to my point of saying he’s got people gassed.

But I said it a few times on NT that the only Wayne project I’ve ever heard in its entirety is No Ceilings. No one should take my opinion on him seriously. :lol:

halfway in CV...not bad honestly. its his voice thats holding him back lyrically hes in there. sonically its meh but different so appreciated. doubt ill revisit this album so far
:pimp: It’s official, it’s trash. When wavez say that about one of his goats I know he done. He even tried to save face a little to not make him look bad.

*****s are obsessed with the idea of being "the best". There is no "best". There is no "goat".

There is a best and he is the goat.

He’s alive and well and he’s not the best just bc he said he was.

There’s a clear answer to the conversation of whos the goat in hiphop. “Fans” will just continue to deny what’s OBVIOUS until he has one foot in the grave.

*EDIT: im not implyin wayne here...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom