Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Out of all the top notch rappers from the 90's you would think BIG would be slandered the least considering he's the most imitated.

Out of all the top notch rappers from the 90's you would think BIG would be slandered the least considering he's the most imitated.
As we move further from that time period, criticisms towards the legends get a bit louder because they're no longer at their apex publicly and newer acts are trying to be put over them by a portion of the public, so **** people would just keep to themselves they now put out into the open because they feel more comfortable. We see the same **** in sports

Man Boosie's sincerity and introspection on some of these tracks is still damn near unmatched for me. Like bruh got on a track and asked God for forgiveness for sending his lil homie out on the street **** and getting his life tricked off :smh:

Not too many rappers imo that could make a song about God like 'Long Journey' or something like 'Chill Out' were he telling all the lil _'s to give the street **** up and it still come off as hard and not corny/try-hard/preachy, **** that's usually a automatic turn off for the young _'s who actually need to hear it.

This the reason he held in such high regard, but some don’t get it. He got them joints that just make you go :smh:

The real :pimp:

Man Boosie's sincerity and introspection on some of these tracks is still damn near unmatched for me. Like bruh got on a track and asked God for forgiveness for sending his lil homie out on the street **** and getting his life tricked off :smh:

Not too many rappers imo that could make a song about God like 'Long Journey' or something like 'Chill Out' were he telling all the lil _'s to give the street **** up and it still come off as hard and not corny/try-hard/preachy, **** that's usually a automatic turn off for the young _'s who actually need to hear it.

Chill Out in my top 5 Boosie songs :pimp:

You ain't tired yet, you can't see that ya momma eyes ain't dried yet?

|l

Some may think I’m bugged tf out for this take... but f it.

E1F696AF-3DE6-4A35-8299-4586A89F26F3.png

The Album About Nothing is hands down one of the (if not the) best album(s) of the past 5 years. It was the best album of 2015 for sure (DS2 being the obvious second runner up).

Furthermore, it’s better than any album Drake ever released.

Moreover, it’s better than any of Cole’s albums.

Kendrick’s GKMC gives it a run for its money, but that was 2012 so it’s outside of the 5 year scope. Given the day, I’d argue it’s better than DAMN.

That’s all.

On a seperate note this is probably my favorite verse from him that for some reason goes unnoticed

"Who the **** wanna squeeze?
My Desert Ease make MC's freeze
You wakin up in cold sweats, they just dreams
You still apoligizin', analyzin', my size and your size and
Realizin', a fist fight would be asinine
You just pop wines, I must pop nines
Genuine steel piece, nozzle in your grill piece
You're shook up, two bricks, every cook up
We can hook up, all I see is the future
Disrespect, I shoot ya
By the way, them bricks, get flipped weekly
Sold by soldiers that mix weed with the leak leak
Die for a dollar *****, life ain't sweet
Play for keeps wet shirts with experts on the creep
I be the mob fiance, about to marry it
Illegal transactions in Farragut with Arabics
Why not, they fit twelve up in the bedroom
Imagine what they stash is like, make you a classic like
My first LP, beef with me is unhealthy
**** around and get an ul-cer, loose your pulse or
Collapsed lung, look how many gats I brung
For them homos, still doin' promos
Break both your legs you're movin' slow-mo, got shined to glow mo'
Nine hundred and ninety six grams, you need for mo'

Whole song is fire. Start to finish. Can’t decide who had the best verse.

This the reason he held in such high regard, but some don’t get it. He got them joints that just make you go :smh:

The real :pimp:

Yep. He still has that introspection in his current songs, but his flow just really ain’t there anymore. Out of a 15 track release, he may sound right on 3

Must’ve me

The Album About Nothing is hands down one of the (if not the) best album(s) of the past 5 years. It was the best album of 2015 for sure (DS2 being the obvious second runner up).

Kendrick’s GKMC gives it a run for its money, but that was 2012 so it’s outside of the 5 year scope. Given the day, I’d argue it’s better than DAMN.

That’s all.

This man tells no lies. It’s such a coherent, well paced, perfect album.

The pessimist is still my favorite track on there

That’s all.

If any of the light skins released this it would be widely praised

Back
Top Bottom