Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

never thought big was anything to make noise over. decent rapper @ best, never heard the top tier rapper that people always spoke of tbh.

was always a pac fan but as I got older (33 in nov), his moments of gassed up, busta **** became more glaringly evident. as you get older, you really start to see these dudes for who they are/were. human.

and this is a bit of a hot take but, I cant front, in the last 6-8 months, I've started to think pac coulda been gay.im not sayin that I 100% feel like he was but his mannerisms in certain interviews & certains pics raise a brow with me. smh somethings there. I fully understand that's "sacrilege" n all but somethings def off about dude. all imma say.

I would rather be a healthy gay dude, than a unhealthy straight dude. Pac was revolutionary, that ***** inspired so many people to be better in life, Pac was about love, Piggie was a fat materialistic **** who had a lot of hate in his heart. Pac was a real *****. He truly understood what it meant to struggle. He told people to stand up for themselves against the oppressive system of white supremacy. Piggie ain’t do none of that ****. That’s what it is.

Peaked = completely lost it ?

B91C97D6-EF2E-4334-B00F-2D33057503FD.png

It’s NT, gotta exaggerate a lil..

But saying he peaked 6 years ago when he dropped arguably his best work last year is off base.

“Mane I was raised round thug *****s,
Mane It’s Lil Boosie
The 2005 Juvie
In the hemi with the toolie
I got them yella eyes like my daddy eyes
With a look up on my face, that say homicide”

02-09....This ***** ain’t miss. He washed now. I remember going back in his catalog in like 2008 and amazed by the **** he was making as a high schooler. That “green and yellow cd”. Way ahead of his time. One of the best catalogs low key in southern rap. Once you “get” Boosie...you realize how dope he is. Southern blues. Boosie, Pac, Wayne, Future & Hov the dudes who catalog really crazy to me.

Man Boosie's sincerity and introspection on some of these tracks is still damn near unmatched for me. Like bruh got on a track and asked God for forgiveness for sending his lil homie out on the street **** and getting his life tricked off :smh:

Not too many rappers imo that could make a song about God like 'Long Journey' or something like 'Chill Out' were he telling all the lil _'s to give the street **** up and it still come off as hard and not corny/try-hard/preachy, **** that's usually a automatic turn off for the young _'s who actually need to hear it.

I would rather be a healthy gay dude, than a unhealthy straight dude. Pac was revolutionary, that ***** inspired so many people to be better in life, Pac was about love, Piggie was a fat materialistic **** who had a lot of hate in his heart. Pac was a real *****. He truly understood what it meant to struggle. He told people to stand up for themselves against the oppressive system of white supremacy. Piggie ain’t do none of that ****. That’s what it is.

Pause on so many levels :ohwell:

You mean hundreds of repetitive material.

Just becomes a joke when you hear about his 75th posthmous album saying the same **** on whack beats.

Quality not quantity.

I like both rappers and bumped both they're music almost religiously at one point, but I really wish the people invovled with Pac would of chilled on those posthumous albums. Their was way too many put out and I'm willing to bet some of those songs were unfinished for a reason and weren't meant to be released. Not sure how Biggie was a hater either since he was the one who warned Pac about the company he kept around him (by various accounts, not sure if this was 100 percent confirmed or not).

On a seperate note this is probably my favorite verse from him that for some reason goes unnoticed

"Who the **** wanna squeeze?
My Desert Ease make MC's freeze
You wakin up in cold sweats, they just dreams
You still apoligizin', analyzin', my size and your size and
Realizin', a fist fight would be asinine
You just pop wines, I must pop nines
Genuine steel piece, nozzle in your grill piece
You're shook up, two bricks, every cook up
We can hook up, all I see is the future
Disrespect, I shoot ya
By the way, them bricks, get flipped weekly
Sold by soldiers that mix weed with the leak leak
Die for a dollar *****, life ain't sweet
Play for keeps wet shirts with experts on the creep
I be the mob fiance, about to marry it
Illegal transactions in Farragut with Arabics
Why not, they fit twelve up in the bedroom
Imagine what they stash is like, make you a classic like
My first LP, beef with me is unhealthy
**** around and get an ul-cer, loose your pulse or
Collapsed lung, look how many gats I brung
For them homos, still doin' promos
Break both your legs you're movin' slow-mo, got shined to glow mo'
Nine hundred and ninety six grams, you need for mo'

I like both rappers and bumped both they're music almost religiously at one point, but I really wish the people invovled with Pac would of chilled on those posthumous albums. Their was way too many put out and I'm willing to bet some of those songs were unfinished for a reason and weren't meant to be released. Not sure how Biggie was a hater either since he was the one who warned Pac about the company he kept around him (by various accounts, not sure if this was 100 percent confirmed or not).

On a seperate note this is probably my favorite verse from him that for some reason goes unnoticed

"Who the **** wanna squeeze?
My Desert Ease make MC's freeze
You wakin up in cold sweats, they just dreams
You still apoligizin', analyzin', my size and your size and
Realizin', a fist fight would be asinine
You just pop wines, I must pop nines
Genuine steel piece, nozzle in your grill piece
You're shook up, two bricks, every cook up
We can hook up, all I see is the future
Disrespect, I shoot ya
By the way, them bricks, get flipped weekly
Sold by soldiers that mix weed with the leak leak