Randy Moss will be a free agent come Feb. 29th

[h1]Patriots do not tag Moss, but hope to re-sign him[/h1]
By John Clayton
ESPN.com
(
Archive)

Updated: February 21, 2008, 9:12 PM ET

The New England Patriots did not place their franchise tag on wide receiver Randy Moss on Thursday, technically leaving Moss open to free agency on Feb. 29.

The Patriots are apparently gambling that they could come to terms with Moss on a new contract so he can remain with the team.

Moss restructured his contract, dropping his base salary from $10 million to $3 million, to accommodate last April's trade from the Oakland Raiders to the Patriots. Moss earned an additional $2 million on incentives after breaking Jerry Rice's single-season record with 23 touchdown receptions.

Quarterback Tom Brady has indicated he wants Moss to return, and Moss has talked all season long about how much he liked playing for the Patriots.

Also at the deadline Thursday for NFL teams to franchise players, the Dallas Cowboys placed their tag on safety Ken Hamlin instead of left tackle Flozell Adams.

Hamlin received a one-year tender of $4.396 million. If a team tries to sign him, the Cowboys would have seven days to match an offer. The signing team then would have to surrender two-first-round picks to get Hamlin.

Senior writer John Clayton covers the NFL for ESPN.com.

all i can say, is i hope he doesn't bail. he needs to finish what he started.

19-0 next year?
laugh.gif

Keyshawn comes out of retirement.

Titans pick up Keyshawn and Moss.

nerd.gif

laugh.gif

Eagles or Falcons....but very very unlikely because Philly does not want another WR controversy and Randy Moss does not want to be part of a rebuilding projectin Atlanta

Titans pick up Keyshawn and Moss.
MarsIV:
Now all they need is a good QB that can throw.

The thing that's funny is that as soon as I typed 'Titans pick up Keyshawn and Moss', I thought, "Damn, I'm not even sureVince could hit Moss as deep as he needs to be hit."
laugh.gif

embarassed.gif

The Bears just dumped all their receivers except for Davis (only caught 6 passes last year). So they really need wide receivers.

i wouldn't mind seeing moss go elsewhere like the packers, and do what he did for the pats. be the ladder that lifts a team to greatness. i think he'llstay with the pats though. if he stays with tom there's no doubt in my mind he'll put up nearly 20 touchdowns a yr for the next 5 years. he put up 23in his first yr with tom, their chemistry is still gelling.

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

Originally Posted by the PGA tour

all i can say, is i hope he doesn't bail. he needs to finish what he started.

19-0 next year?
laugh.gif

Sure, we dont mind that...

2008_02_sbnews1.jpg

yeah you got yours, now we gotta start all over again.
frown.gif

but seriously, how sick of the pats would you guys be if they started 11-0 or something
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom