RAIDER NATION Season THREAD:

Mark Davis looks like he gonna ride Mckenzie to the end. At the Sparano news conference he was sayin that. "Whatever Reggie does/wants to do, I'm behind it"...SMH...

Iunno man, I may be alone on this...but I'm still supporting RM (and not cause I got no choice but to right now 
laugh.gif
)

To contradict myself, things he could have done differently:

Keep Hue (but I'm not mad at him for that - I get it)

Keep Veldheer (should have just paid the man, cause lord knows we don't need Austin Howard).

The DJ Hayden pick is still 
grin.gif
 and so is Menelik Watson. I'm sorry man, but you can't use your first pick on someone who almost died on the field and your second pick on someone who just learned how to play football.

But the main reason I think he's still okay in my books is, this dude didn't really have many options to begin with. No FA's want to come here, we didn't have any kind of QB (word to Mrs. McGloin who must be lurking). The only people who were willing to come were vets trying to get their last check, and lets be honest - we all fell into the hype that was Tuck & Woodley. And needless to say, the primary reason I'm behind RM - obviously this past draft class.

[h1]Mark Davis: Reggie McKenzie has gotten us in “really good shape” to build[/h1]
Posted by Josh Alper on November 20, 2014, 4:47 PM EST

The Raiders make their 11th bid for their first victory of 2014 against the Chiefs on Thursday night with an interim head coach and a 16-game losing streak that had led to plenty of speculation about the future of General Manager Reggie McKenzie.

Raiders owner Mark Davis didn’t make any concrete statements about what the future will hold for McKenzie during a conversation with Ian Rapoport of NFL Media, though he did have plenty of complimentary things to say about the job that McKenzie has done over the last three years. Those things haven’t been reflected in the team’s record, of course, but  Davis focused on the way McKenzie got the team out from under a dreadful salary cap situation.

“We are in really good shape, based on the way Reggie put all the contracts together and everything else,” Davis said. “We’re not settled with a lot of upside-down situations anymore. The situation he walked into originally was pretty tough. The deconstruction phase of that went very, very well. I think we’re a pretty desirable place for someone that wants to come in and build.”

Davis also pointed to the additions of quarterback Derek Carr  and linebaker Khalil Mack  as pieces that leave the Raiders “in position to start moving forward.” He feels that will appeal to someone, presumably a permanent head coach, “that might want to be a part of bringing the Raiders back to greatness.”

When Dennis Allen was fired, McKenzie said he would be the person to hire that coach. Davis’s comments make it look like he’s got a good chance of being correct, which may turn out to be better news for him than those looking  for Hue Jackson’s return to Oakland.

Let's go Raider Nation!!!!! Get this W! All you local boys get down to the Black Hole and support Raider Nation! make a good showing for us on National TV. UPSET TONIGHT! let's get it!!!!

You have to look at this as a expansion franchise. I knew it was going to take a while but I thought we'd be a little better by now.

Last edited:
Raiders Inactives: QB Matt McGloin, CB Carlos Rogers, CB TJ Carrie, S Jonathan Dowling, G Gabe Jackson, G Tony Bergstrom & TE David Ausberry

Back
Top Bottom