RACISM IN SPORTS

While I am in agreement about the speed of this was ridiculous compared to an African American coach, it’s important to add the context that Vlade Divac really wanted Luke in 2016 but he chose the Lakers instead. So it’s not overly surprising that Luke hit the market and he sprung on him. Optics are very bad, though.

While I am in agreement about the speed of this was ridiculous compared to an African American coach, it’s important to add the context that Vlade Divac really wanted Luke in 2016 but he chose the Lakers instead. So it’s not overly surprising that Luke hit the market and he sprung on him. Optics are very bad, though.
Ehhhh
He was unemployed for less than a day

Racial Slurs, Assault Alleged at New Mexico Girls Soccer Game

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — A New Mexico youth soccer league is investigating allegations that parents yelled racial slurs at Hispanic girl soccer players and that a parent physically assaulted one of the girls during a game.

The Duke City Soccer League said Tuesday it’s looking into reports that a white man choked and groped a 14-year-old player during a match Saturday in Bernalillo, New Mexico, which spectators say was filled with racial tensions.https://www.si.com/more-sports/2018/03/21/racial-slurs-assault-alleged-new-mexico-girl-soccer-game

I generally get really annoyed when people play the race card, but Giants picking Daniel Jones over Haskins had to be race. I cant even think of any other reason.

Surprised Joe Theismann's comments about Haskins didn't get posted. Probably did is the sports forum.

article-0-0243EF2700000578-604_468x260.jpg

"Dude he was just playing the circle game." :rolleyes

From the politics thread :smh: :lol:

I’m disagreeing that a simple gesture can be misconstrued as racism when people have played the ‘circle’ game for years without it being racism. I could have flashed that sign at a friend in school and if he looked it meant I was able to punch him in the arm or leg. If he got me to look the same consequences occurred.

From the politics thread :smh: :lol:

I saw that :lol:

Man is comparing a game 12 year olds play, in person....to a relevant hand sign being flashed on TV, by a grown man, behind a black man, in one of the most heightened eras of racial tension in several years :stoneface:

I mean basically to sum it all up Tiger is a "safe black man", same as OJ Simpson once was, or a Kevin Hart, The Rock, and many more
Do not forget Kobe Bryant, especially here on Niketalk. The only reason so many here like him, Tiger and the others, is because they say nothing about being Black.

Brilliant Idiots Podcast were just discussing Tiger/Kobe comparison and how/why so many black people DON'T mess with them (cornballs) and why so many white folks mess with them

Brilliant Idiots Podcast were just discussing Tiger/Kobe comparison and how/why so many black people DON'T mess with them (cornballs) and why so many white folks mess with them
On the walls of Bryant’s office are large portraits of creative individuals he views as idols: Oprah Winfrey, J.K. Rowling, Michael Jackson, Walt Disney and Steve Jobs.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/grap...sionist/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.4cd5ab9dacd6
The charge: Walt Disney was racist. The evidence: These charges stem primarily from the use of racial stereotypes in Disney movies from the 40s: Dumbo’s black crows; Fantasia’s black servant centaurette; and Song of the South, a movie so offensive that the Disney company will no longer let it be seen in public. Then there is Walt Disney’s own behavior: Gabler cites a meeting in which Disney referred to the Snow White dwarves as a “****** pile” and another in which he used the term “pickaninny.” The book notes that Disney anticipated the Song of the South controversy and attempted to make it less racist with a rewrite and meeting with the NAACP. The meeting never happened, and the movie was released anyway. There was also some controversy about the company’s unwillingness to hire minorities at Disneyland. Believability: Those are certainly not flattering facts, but they are facts.
https://www.vulture.com/2013/12/walt-disney-anti-semitism-racism-sexism-frozen-head.html

Back
Top Bottom