RACISM IN SPORTS

050A6DA1-1717-48F9-ADAB-4AEC4B2E1925.png

Already not a headline on espn so .... *shrugs*

I’m just looking at things comparatively. I’m not asking for EXTRA anything, just if it’s the same. NFL dudes hit a female and it becomes a “nationwide epidemic”. Just saying

damn there has never been one black wwe champion?
isn't there some cat right now that everyone thinks should get a title shot but didn't get it.

There's The Rock but a lot of black american fans don't see it that way because felt he was promoted as Samoan and not about his Dad was a Black Nova Scotian

damn there has never been one black wwe champion?
isn't there some cat right now that everyone thinks should get a title shot but didn't get it.

I posted this in the football thread when the despicable Moise Kean incident occurred:
I need to get this off my chest, lads. Leonardo Bonucci is a full-blown clown, B. ‘50/50,’ really. The blame is ‘50/50’? Moise Kean is a teenager, just 19 years old. He was booked for simulation in the first half. The crowd was ribbing him the ENTIRE match with monkey noises and I’m sure slurs. Scoring in the second half to put the game on ice was an emotional moment. Kean naturally had a reaction. A 19-year-old’s reaction. I don’t even think he crossed the line with the goal celebration. Merely egged on the Cagliari supporters. He’s obviously not going to handle it like a seasoned vet, like Dani Alves would and did. With the bananas.

Cagliari’s captain, Ceppitelli, has more balls and guts than Bonucci. Intervened and implored the home crowd to stop racially abusing Moise. Allegri stepped up properly post-match to condemn the verbal attacks. Matuidi was a shining example of how to handle the situation as a teammate. But Bonucci shouldn’t defend Kean because he’s a Juve teammate, he should protect Moise because it’s the right thing to do as a human being.

Outside of Chiellini, Bonucci probably has the most clout and most-respected voice in regards to Italian football in that Juventus locker room. Instead of taking a stand, he emboldened racists to continue their despicable behavior. Bonucci’s post-match statements make it OK for Italians to use vile slang like ‘mulignan’ to humiliate dark-skinned individuals.

Cagliari supporters that partook in the racial chants and abuse, you’re all pathetic too. Moise Kean is good enough to don the Azzurri shirt and help your beloved national team quality for Euro 2020, but he’s not good enough to play a Serie A match without being peppered with racial insults, harassment and monkey noises. So, so, so suspect.

50-50 is disgusting...but I honestly wouldn't expect anything less from some of his teammates. :smh:

Disgusting man.

We always have to be partially accountable when racist do racist things. FOH

People need to understand that soccer and politics go hand in hand.

Look at which party is ruling Italy right now. The wave of right wing nationalism throughout Europe probably started in the stadiums. If not, it definitely was amplified there. It's not gonna get better for Black players in Europe, especially now that they are representing national sides that did not have black internationals less than 20 years ago.

I think it's the same thing with Turks in Germany hence Mesut Ozil quitting national team

People need to understand that soccer and politics go hand in hand.

Look at which party is ruling Italy right now. The wave of right wing nationalism throughout Europe probably started in the stadiums. If not, it definitely was amplified there. It's not gonna get better for Black players in Europe, especially now that they are representing national sides that did not have black internationals less than 20 years ago.

Stephen A Smith is in the spotlight because over the years he has proven that he'll support the right wing mindset, conservatism. He would be the first to say, " What Black people need to do, " and that is why he gets the side eye. So when his commentary comes to the light on this issue, just know that he will make up for it on another issue regarding bootstraps, then how to pull them up.

Shannon Sharpe needs to have a bigger role in the media on subjects like this, but I know that he will not get the spotlight that he deserves. Shannon, isn't afraid to tell it exactly like it is.

Back
Top Bottom