R.I.P Trayvon

I don't get it. Feel free to elaborate. For every white broad that says that, there's another sista that says she don't F with white dudes, or latin chick that says she don't F with white dude. Which - I have no problems with. I look at it as their preference.
but we're talking about white broads though...?

Brah - Even Barkley gets call a sell-out because he share the same opinion!

I love Barkley he know damn well if some stranger was following him home he would turn around and open a can of whoop a** on that rudy poot. He was well known for his altercations on/off the court. He even threw a guy through a window at a restaurant in Cleveland! What if one of those ppl he fought back in the day stood their ground on him I don't think he thought about that.

Last edited:
If they don't fear us why clutch your purse when you see me coming towards you?
I DAMN sure need an explanation as to why they clutch and I'm dressed like Donald Trump?
I speak from experience and education.
If it bothers you join the team, because the s**t bothers me to homie.

I don't get it. Feel free to elaborate. For every white broad that says that, there's another sista that says she don't F with white dudes, or latin chick that says she don't F with white dude. Which - I have no problems with. I look at it as their preference.
I guess people can't have personal preference when it comes to who they are looking for.

That's like saying girls/ guys can't discriminate age,height,weight,gender .... absurd!

1. Racism absolutely still exists, nowhere near to the extent it used to.  

2. I would say majority would approve. Majority of fathers want their daughters to date men with good character, regardless of race or ethnicity.
granted, there is no more slavery, jim crow etc.  not to that extent.  but to what extent would you say it exists today?  are white racists are in the minority? 

so these fathers that approve, do they let their daughters listen to rap music as well?

but we're talking about white broads though...?
What? WTF are you talking about? 

Are you suggesting that if a white broad says she only dates white guys she's racist? If I white broad only dates white guys, that her preference, that in and of itself doesn't mean she's racist.

granted, there is no more slavery, jim crow etc.  not to that extent.  but to what extent would you say it exists today?  are white racists are in the minority? 

so these fathers that approve, do they let their daughters listen to rap music as well?
Man. MINORITY dude. WTF is wrong with you? You think Obama would have won if the majority of whites were racist? G T F O H with that question. 

ARE YOU EFFING SERIOUS DOGGIE? HELL YEAH THEY "LET THEM" LISTEN TO RAP MUSIC. MATTER FACT, the parents are listening to rap music too. ****, my mom was just listening to K.Dot, Tribe, and Slick Rick two weeks ago, and she's mid-50's white chick from Wisconsin. 

What? WTF are you talking about? 

Are you suggesting that if a white broad says she only dates white guys she's racist? If I white broad only dates white guys, that her preference, that in and of itself doesn't mean she's racist.
no by itself it doesnt.  but if she says she wont date a black guy because their lips are too big and noses are too wide, then i would think thats racist.  If she made any kind of derogatory comment towards black men in her preference not to date them, i would say she's either prejudiced or racist.

she would have to individually deny every black man on the planet for her to know for a fact she would never date a black man and not be racist.

only thing charles is tryna to do is insure his retirement once his inside the nba job is up.
Yeah because he needs the money and can't have an opinion that's different from yours. Once again pleighboi, you are coming across as extremely OBTUSE in this thread.

I guess people can't have personal preference when it comes to who they are looking for.

That's like saying girls/ guys can't discriminate age,height,weight,gender .... absurd!
???

no by itself it doesnt.  but if she says she wont date a black guy because their lips are too big and noses are too wide, then i would think thats racist.   If she made any kind of derogatory comment towards black men in her preference not to date them, i would say she's either prejudiced or racist.

she would have to individually deny every black man on the planet for her to know for a fact she would never date a black man and not be racist.
Yeah no ****. 

Yeah because he needs the money and can't have an opinion that's different from yours. Once again pleighboi, you are coming across as extremely OBTUSE in this thread.
welcome to this thread!

that's exactly how it has gone!

laugh.gif
 I need to chill my sodium levels are too high. 

Man. MINORITY dude. WTF is wrong with you? You think Obama would have won if the majority of whites were racist? G T F O H with that question. 

ARE YOU EFFING SERIOUS DOGGIE? HELL YEAH THEY "LET THEM" LISTEN TO RAP MUSIC. MATTER FACT, the parents are listening to rap music too. ****, my mom was just listening to K.Dot, Tribe, and Slick Rick two weeks ago, and she's mid-50's white chick from Wisconsin. 
im simply asking because white people overall are the majority, yet this racist minority represents the institution, and pervades our black lives so much to be so few.

i only brought up hip hip as an example of a traditionally negative stereotype in white america that hip hop is bad. that is to say, they can accept the best of black people for their daughters in my example, but deride the "worst" of black people in their hip-hop music.

View media item 504559
I am Trayvon Martin..

The picture on the left was taken when I was 17 years old, had just graduated from high school, and really didn’t know what I wanted to do with my life. Based on my appearance in this picture, you probably would have labeled me a thug or a troublemaker. I only graduated in the top 50% of my class and I took my ACT 4 times. A promising future in college doesn’t look too likely at this point, does it?

But at age 17 (Trayvon’s age when murdered), I didn’t realize how much I would be judged and stereotyped for the clothes I wore and my physical appearance. Two months after that picture on the left was taken, I entered college and quickly realized that I wasn’t pushing myself to be the best I can be. I hardly studied in high school, but as as freshman in college I began to study daily.

As a matter of fact, I did so well that I was able to participate in a summer medical internship at Yale University. I then went on to graduate from Prairie View A&M University Magna Cum Laude and in two weeks I will be attending Texas A&M Health Science College of Medicine to become a medical doctor. The picture on the right is where I am now just four years later at the age of 21.

The reason I am sharing this with you is because I COULD HAVE BEEN TRAYVON MARTIN!!! The defense team could have gone onto the internet and found pictures of me that were similar to Trayvon’s pictures and characterized me as a thug. They would have then portrayed me as the aggressor, which, as such, lead to my death. If that would have happened, then I would not have had the opportunity to reach my true calling, which is a medical doctor.

My White Coat ceremony is in four days and it marks the next step in my journey. I could have been laying in a casket with a black suit, instead of being in a white coat trying to save lives. When I was 17, no one would have imagined that I would be doing so well and on my way to medical school. Who is to say that could not have happened to Trayvon Martin if he was still alive? He could have been the next doctor, lawyer, engineer, teacher ,etc. My prayers go out to his family and friends.

Please share my story so people can be more conscious of their racial profiling. Everyone has the potential, as long as they are alive, to achieve greatness and make a positive impact on this world.

you act like that nba money he got is forever. or he get 1 million hits on charlesbarkely.com everyday.   yall were the ones in here talkin about how media playing in this, but yall cant see how charles sticking his two cents in is also?

im simply asking because white people overall are the majority, yet this racist minority represents the institution, and pervades our black lives so much to be so few.

i only brought up hip hip as an example of a traditionally negative stereotype in white america that hip hop is bad. that is to say, they can accept the best of black people for their daughters in my example, but deride the "worst" of black people in their hip-hop music.
No. The racist minority does not represent the institution. Sorry. 

a growing body of social science research suggests that racial disparities and other biased outcomes in the criminal justice system, in medicine and in professional settings can be explained by unconscious attitudes and stereotypes.
which is another way of saying they are racist and dont even realize it.

Inheriting such negative feelings and beliefs about members of marginalized groups is unavoidable and inevitable due to the socialization process of the United States where biased attitudes and stereotypes reinforce group hieracrchy.

Inheriting such negative feelings and beliefs about members of marginalized groups is unavoidable and inevitable due to the socialization process of the United States where biased attitudes and stereotypes reinforce group hieracrchy.
so basically, since were all grouped up as races, someone has to aspire to be the "best"?  or is it strength is numbers, and only through sharing a common belief can a group unite?

Back
Top Bottom