R.I.P GURU

frown.gif
  RIP Guru

It's a sad day for Hip Hop... Such a shame him and Premo had to beef like that at the end...
Gifted Unlimited Rhymes Universal will forever be one of my favorite ancronyms in music...

Damm its a real shame, I never knew how sour things got with Guru and DJ Prem. Hip hop has been so wack these past few years I guess I just lost touch. Im glad I got to see Gangstarr live when they were banging out hits great memories!

Don't read too much into that letter or their "beef".

I have a very reliable source that told me that Preme saw Guru in the hospital before he passed.

I'm sure they had their issues, but if you were in the same position, unless your mans had done you EXTRA dirty, I'm sure any of us would move past that under those same circumstances.

I hope Freddie Foxx gets his hands on Solar.

RIP

The double CD album full clip always stayed in rotation. Can't believe I first copped it over 10 years ago.

Respect..

I'm 22, but used to hear this dude coming up heavy, older heads used to bump all Gangstarr heavy.. But GAWD DAMN.. was this dude gay though..

It won't change how I feel about this dude music, his grind & how he hooked up with Primo,his voice, flow, delivery etc.. But damn all signs pointing to...

What's the name of that joint with Fat Joe he made back int he day too... I'm having a weed brain fart right now...
pimp.gif

RIP GURU, one can only hope those things in that "letter" aren't true.....sad day for hip hopand now for a personal favorite..

Originally Posted by LoveOfTheGame916

Madman4life wrote:

Writing of DJ Premier in the letter, Guru added: "I do not wish my ex-DJ to have anything to do with my name likeness, events tributes etc. I had nothing to do with him in life for over seven years and want nothing to do with him in death. Solar has my life story and is well informed on my family situation, as well as the real reason for separating from my ex-DJ."

eek.gif
smh.gif

i didnt know they had beef like that?

RIP Guru

he didn't write that homie. He's got more class than that. Solar is a piece of work and God will deal with him.

this sucks

one of my favorites who actually had something to say, whether or not I agreed all the time - didn't matter
was the product of '60s cultural movement

mass appeal has to be top 20 songs for me

man, very few rappers deaths can make me truly sad like this

thank you Guru, god bless you

this sucks

one of my favorites who actually had something to say, whether or not I agreed all the time - didn't matter

this sucks

RIP to Guru. I was in Amoeba earlier today and was surprised they had a RIP Guru sticky on the Gangstarr divider. I thought it was misinformation from the employees thinking he passed when he supposedly had a heart attack. Just came home and saw the front page on Yahoo! which confirms it. I'm really at a loss for words.

Back
Top Bottom