R.I.P GURU

rest in power gifted unlimited rhymes universal...

this is definitely a sad news... and i was last to know him and primo got beef... hopefully they were able to squash it before all this happened

peace

Let me start out by saying thank you to Guru for giving a fan of rap music what I wanted. I am surprised at how saddened this makes me.
Guru was an mc’s mc. GangStarr came in when I was still very young and impressionable teenager and greatly contributed to my awareness
of hip hop among other things. He was one of a select few rappers that I wanted to emulate on the mic. I would listen to Daily Operation
and fantasize that it was me spitting those flames, burning mcs with primo by my side. Really only Cube, KRS, Kool Keith and a few others were
like that for me. Kane was great but I was never a pimp. Guru was intelligent in a diamond in the rough sort of way and was in search of the
truth in his rhymes. Chasing the truth can set you free without even touching its coattails. The idea was always present in Guru’s lyrics.
Thank you my man. You had mass appeal where I’m from.

R.I.p
frown.gif

Its crazy how many of my favorite musical artists aren't alive anymore.

Depressing really, I mean i spent hours on end listening to Gangstarr. Moment of Truth is such a great track and album and both actually give me guidance on how to approach things in life.

frown.gif
My man Guru was so nice with the lyrics that he didn't have to try hard with a crazy ego and screaming emotion. He was real and he knew that music was powerful so he used his voice.

RIP

What this man and Preme did together was straight beauty. He left behind something so meaningful that he truly will live forever.

Back
Top Bottom