Questions about Jordan Brand and "Nike Air"...

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by bruza

Why you crossing out the info on the concords?  That date is correct.  Same day I joined NT
eek.gif

because retro concords from that year had a nike air in da insole, not a jumpman.

You're right.  I didn't mean the concords had a jumpman.  Poor wording on my end. 

Originally Posted by bruza

Why you crossing out the info on the concords?  That date is correct.  Same day I joined NT
eek.gif

because retro concords from that year had a nike air in da insole, not a jumpman.

You're right.  I didn't mean the concords had a jumpman.  Poor wording on my end. 

they'll do NIKE AIR again soon 1 day... my theory is that they're not doing it now bcus they know we want it but will still buy w/ a Jumpman instead. Once they run out of kicks to retro they'll slap the NIKE AIR for hype. Maybe even on shoes that originally started w/ the Jumpman
laugh.gif

they'll do NIKE AIR again soon 1 day... my theory is that they're not doing it now bcus they know we want it but will still buy w/ a Jumpman instead. Once they run out of kicks to retro they'll slap the NIKE AIR for hype. Maybe even on shoes that originally started w/ the Jumpman
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Jordan0589

a Lincoln Navigator wouldn't use a Ford emblem would it? The company is a BRANCH of Nike, but is a whole brand of its own, and so could use whichever emblem/logo they want

I think that pretty much sums it up

a Lincoln Navigator wouldn't use a Ford emblem would it? The company is a BRANCH of Nike, but is a whole brand of its own, and so could use whichever emblem/logo they want

Originally Posted by Retro87Fresh

It was actually the 2001 bred 11s, in which the "Nike Air" was in the insole, inside of the shoe of coarse...

Incorrect. The Concords and Colombia were the only retro XIs to have 'Nike Air' on the insole. 
The Cool Grey, Space Jams, and Black/Red XIs (from 2001) all had the Jumpman on the insole.

Originally Posted by Retro87Fresh

It was actually the 2001 bred 11s, in which the "Nike Air" was in the insole, inside of the shoe of coarse...

Incorrect. The Concords and Colombia were the only retro XIs to have 'Nike Air' on the insole. 
The Cool Grey, Space Jams, and Black/Red XIs (from 2001) all had the Jumpman on the insole.

Originally Posted by DRO3000

This situation is a little different cause in the case that your talking about the Lincoln Navigator was never a Ford Navigator. Air Jordans were Nikes and when I look at the bottom of my boxes and check contact information it clearly states Nike Inc. I could see that argument for Jordans 14-2011 but everything else was made under the Nike umbrella.

Originally Posted by DRO3000

This situation is a little different cause in the case that your talking about the Lincoln Navigator was never a Ford Navigator. Air Jordans were Nikes and when I look at the bottom of my boxes and check contact information it clearly states Nike Inc. I could see that argument for Jordans 14-2011 but everything else was made under the Nike umbrella.

Maybe the banned 1's were a trial to see how well a Jordan with Nike Air would do. They probably sent them straight to outlets to try and make it as difficult as possible to sell out since they'd be sold without the help of the Internet or phone orders (for the most part). Maybe they'll find a theme to wrap all of the other shoes around, thus creating a distinction between releases. Of course all this is just assumption, but it kinda makes sense to me.

Maybe the banned 1's were a trial to see how well a Jordan with Nike Air would do. They probably sent them straight to outlets to try and make it as difficult as possible to sell out since they'd be sold without the help of the Internet or phone orders (for the most part). Maybe they'll find a theme to wrap all of the other shoes around, thus creating a distinction between releases. Of course all this is just assumption, but it kinda makes sense to me.

The Nike versions were before Jordan Brand was made, the Nike logos change into Jumpman logos in the newer retro's after the JB was created. Once they made Jordan Brand, the newer retro's use the Jumpman because from that point on, its no longer directly under Nike. Its under Jordan. They never changed the Nike company, an entire new company was created based off of that line.

A company has a product made and then its so successful it gets a brand made based off of that original successful product. That good product changes its logo because its a whole new comapany (yet is still a branch of the large company) but since its an all new logo, it would use the new one from now on. The Loncoln Navigator is a Lincoln, but is under Ford, therefore it has a Ford engine, frame, etc. A prime example is the Dodge Ram, it is now just Ram company. Its obviously still a Dodge, BUT it has its own branch/spinoff company so it uses its own new Ram logo from now on.

If its too hard to accept the new logo, save your pennies for some NIKE AIR fakes!

The Nike versions were before Jordan Brand was made, the Nike logos change into Jumpman logos in the newer retro's after the JB was created. Once they made Jordan Brand, the newer retro's use the Jumpman because from that point on, its no longer directly under Nike. Its under Jordan. They never changed the Nike company, an entire new company was created based off of that line.

A company has a product made and then its so successful it gets a brand made based off of that original successful product. That good product changes its logo because its a whole new comapany (yet is still a branch of the large company) but since its an all new logo, it would use the new one from now on. The Loncoln Navigator is a Lincoln, but is under Ford, therefore it has a Ford engine, frame, etc. A prime example is the Dodge Ram, it is now just Ram company. Its obviously still a Dodge, BUT it has its own branch/spinoff company so it uses its own new Ram logo from now on.

If its too hard to accept the new logo, save your pennies for some NIKE AIR fakes!

Originally Posted by Startin2Stack

I think the 9s were the last shoe to have NikeAir
No dude! 
here is a Nike AIR logo chart:

AJ VII (OG 1992) = first Air Jordan shoe without having Nike AIR as part of its design but only in the insoles

AJ XII (OG 1996) = first Air Jordan without any Nike logo on and inside the shoe (though it was still Nike Air Jordan)

AJ I black/red and black/royal (retro 2001) = last Air Jordan retro to have any Nike AIR on or inside the shoe

Originally Posted by Startin2Stack

I think the 9s were the last shoe to have NikeAir
No dude! 
here is a Nike AIR logo chart:

AJ VII (OG 1992) = first Air Jordan shoe without having Nike AIR as part of its design but only in the insoles

AJ XII (OG 1996) = first Air Jordan without any Nike logo on and inside the shoe (though it was still Nike Air Jordan)

AJ I black/red and black/royal (retro 2001) = last Air Jordan retro to have any Nike AIR on or inside the shoe

IS IT KNOWN FOR SURE WHETHER JORDAN BRAND DOESN'T WANT TO USE THE NIKE AIR LOGO OR IF JORDAN BRAND DOES WANT TO USE THE NIKE AIR LOGOS BUT NIKE WON'T LET THEM?...

Back
Top Bottom