Questions about Jordan Brand and "Nike Air"...

It was actually the 2001 bred 11s, in which the "Nike Air" was in the insole, inside of the shoe of coarse...

Incorrect info here:

The Black/ Blue I's (October 2001 Release) were the last retroes to say "Nike Air" as someone else said. You could also include the II's in that convo (the ones that dropped in '04).

BUT

The Concord XI's dropped October of 2000 & the 2001 Black/ Red XI's had a jumpman on the insole.

Incorrect info here:

The Black/ Blue I's (October 2001 Release) were the last retroes to say "Nike Air" as someone else said. You could also include the II's in that convo (the ones that dropped in '04).

BUT

The Concord XI's dropped October of 2000 & the 2001 Black/ Red XI's had a jumpman on the insole.

I can agree with the idea that they dont put NIKE AIR on Jordans anymore to easily distinguish an OG or older retro to todays Jordans but keep in mind that Gentry said that was just his Opinion

I can agree with the idea that they dont put NIKE AIR on Jordans anymore to easily distinguish an OG or older retro to todays Jordans but keep in mind that Gentry said that was just his Opinion

one could easily discern the difference between retros and ogs without changing from NikeAir to Jumpman. that's a silly justification imo. they will come back, and knowing JB they'll be limited (at first). the only model i feel strongly against the jumpman is the VI. all other models were designed to compliment the designs, but the jumpman air size and font on the back of vi's is just plain ugly. the nikeair was not that font nor that size. it was bold, and it was chunky, which perfectly fitted the white on white and black on black stitching. it was NOT small and i have no idea where they got that Air font from. the only jumpman so far on the back of a vi which was remotely good was the circle jumpman on the motorsports, the main reason i got a pair. seriously would not have otherwise.

one could easily discern the difference between retros and ogs without changing from NikeAir to Jumpman. that's a silly justification imo. they will come back, and knowing JB they'll be limited (at first). the only model i feel strongly against the jumpman is the VI. all other models were designed to compliment the designs, but the jumpman air size and font on the back of vi's is just plain ugly. the nikeair was not that font nor that size. it was bold, and it was chunky, which perfectly fitted the white on white and black on black stitching. it was NOT small and i have no idea where they got that Air font from. the only jumpman so far on the back of a vi which was remotely good was the circle jumpman on the motorsports, the main reason i got a pair. seriously would not have otherwise.

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

EVERYONE PLEASE LISTEN TO WHAT HE SAYS 5:54 TO 6:50

Firepower, didnt IIs get switched to having JORDAN on the bottom, if so when?
Black/ chrome IIs from 04 had NIKE on the back, but JORDAN on the bottom.
BUT, White/Black/ Red IIs from 2010 had NIKE on the back and JORDAN on the bottom, where as Premio IIs had AIR on the back. So it seems like it's not a distinct date when they stopped putting NIKE on IIs.

As for Is, I would say that them putting NIKE AIR on the Banned tongue was AN EXCEPTION and was just for that specific cw.

That being siad, I don't see NIKE AIR coming back anytime soon and honestly I don't think it will ever come back.  

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

I like the Jumpman better honestly. Shows the growth and idependence of the brand.

Plus if all else fails.... Theres always dkonstantinos
pimp.gif

How can you say that Jumpmans look better say on I-VIs? I never would have thought that I'd see anyone endorsing Jumpmans, wow.

Lol, whenever we buy a Jordan shoe in this day in age, we are endorsing that damn jumpman amongst other things. Whether we like it or not, or trying or not, it is being endorsed to the fullest. You take them logos off the shoes and wear them without a brand, no1 knows what the hell it is. The logo is very distinct and even my 8 year old knows it's a Jordan shoe the second he sees the jumpman on a sneaker. He doesn't know what kind, but he knows their Jordans

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

EVERYONE PLEASE LISTEN TO WHAT HE SAYS 5:54 TO 6:50

Firepower, didnt IIs get switched to having JORDAN on the bottom, if so when?
Black/ chrome IIs from 04 had NIKE on the back, but JORDAN on the bottom.
BUT, White/Black/ Red IIs from 2010 had NIKE on the back and JORDAN on the bottom, where as Premio IIs had AIR on the back. So it seems like it's not a distinct date when they stopped putting NIKE on IIs.

As for Is, I would say that them putting NIKE AIR on the Banned tongue was AN EXCEPTION and was just for that specific cw.

That being siad, I don't see NIKE AIR coming back anytime soon and honestly I don't think it will ever come back.  

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

I like the Jumpman better honestly. Shows the growth and idependence of the brand.

Plus if all else fails.... Theres always dkonstantinos
pimp.gif

How can you say that Jumpmans look better say on I-VIs? I never would have thought that I'd see anyone endorsing Jumpmans, wow.

Lol, whenever we buy a Jordan shoe in this day in age, we are endorsing that damn jumpman amongst other things. Whether we like it or not, or trying or not, it is being endorsed to the fullest. You take them logos off the shoes and wear them without a brand, no1 knows what the hell it is. The logo is very distinct and even my 8 year old knows it's a Jordan shoe the second he sees the jumpman on a sneaker. He doesn't know what kind, but he knows their Jordans

a Lincoln Navigator wouldn't use a Ford emblem would it? The company is a BRANCH of Nike, but is a whole brand of its own, and so could use whichever emblem/logo they want

a Lincoln Navigator wouldn't use a Ford emblem would it? The company is a BRANCH of Nike, but is a whole brand of its own, and so could use whichever emblem/logo they want

^ that's what i'm sayin'...

especially on the back of black cement 3's and white cement 4's... just doesn't look right to me. which is why i spent a chunky amount on DS 2001 black cement 3's, and i'll be using the white cement 4's releasing next year for sole swaps with 99 pairs...

^ that's what i'm sayin'...

especially on the back of black cement 3's and white cement 4's... just doesn't look right to me. which is why i spent a chunky amount on DS 2001 black cement 3's, and i'll be using the white cement 4's releasing next year for sole swaps with 99 pairs...

Originally Posted by bruza

Incorrect info here:

BUT

Incorrect info here:

BUT

homer_simpson_doh_02.gif

Lol, yeah my mistake -concords were actually Oct 25th 2000

According to sneakerfiles.com -the correct dates for the Nike Air 2001 release were:
Columbia XIs -Jan 17th
Black/cement IIIs -Jul 14th
Black/red Is -Aug 25th
Black/Royal blue Is -Oct 6th

homer_simpson_doh_02.gif

Lol, yeah my mistake -concords were actually Oct 25th 2000

According to sneakerfiles.com -the correct dates for the Nike Air 2001 release were:
Columbia XIs -Jan 17th
Black/cement IIIs -Jul 14th
Black/red Is -Aug 25th
Black/Royal blue Is -Oct 6th

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Incorrect info here:

BUT

Why you crossing out the info on the concords?  That date is correct.  Same day I joined NT
eek.gif

Incorrect info here:

BUT

Why you crossing out the info on the concords?  That date is correct.  Same day I joined NT
eek.gif

I have a few pair of Nike Air(III's, IV's, V's) and frankly it doesn't matter to me if it's a jumpman or not. With jeans it can't be seen anyway.

There's more problems I have with the brand.

I have a few pair of Nike Air(III's, IV's, V's) and frankly it doesn't matter to me if it's a jumpman or not. With jeans it can't be seen anyway.

There's more problems I have with the brand.

Incorrect info here:

BUT

eek.gif

because retro concords from that year had a nike air in da insole, not a jumpman.

Incorrect info here:

BUT

eek.gif

because retro concords from that year had a nike air in da insole, not a jumpman.

Back
Top Bottom