Questions about Jordan Brand and "Nike Air"...

dj proto j

Banned
i noticed on these banned 1's they put "nike air" on the tongue tag, and it got me wondering...

i know nike stopped putting "nike air" on J's in what, 2001? what was the last release that had it?

and what releases have included it since then, aside from these new banned 1's?

do you guys think they really are done with it over all, or will there be some "nike air" edition retros one day when sales are down?

i noticed on these banned 1's they put "nike air" on the tongue tag, and it got me wondering...

i know nike stopped putting "nike air" on J's in what, 2001? what was the last release that had it?

and what releases have included it since then, aside from these new banned 1's?

do you guys think they really are done with it over all, or will there be some "nike air" edition retros one day when sales are down?

The last Jordans with visible Nike Air were the Black/royal blue Is -Oct 6th 2001
Concord XIs released on Oct 25th 2001, but the Nike Air only features on the insole of course.

Obviously the Is & IIs that released after that date retained just the "Nike" (on the sole for the Is & back heel for the IIs) ....but that doesn't really count as Nike Air.

I have no doubt that Nike Air will return someday -these new Is prove that Jordan Brand can bring it back whenever they want. However at the moment there is no need for them to, as you pointed out OP, I'm sure JB will save that particular trump card for a rainy day when sales start to slump ....but at present these kids are still buying up the Jumpman Air retros like they were crack, and this trend doesn't show signs of ending anytime soon -so why change it?

The last Jordans with visible Nike Air were the Black/royal blue Is -Oct 6th 2001
Concord XIs released on Oct 25th 2001, but the Nike Air only features on the insole of course.

Obviously the Is & IIs that released after that date retained just the "Nike" (on the sole for the Is & back heel for the IIs) ....but that doesn't really count as Nike Air.

I have no doubt that Nike Air will return someday -these new Is prove that Jordan Brand can bring it back whenever they want. However at the moment there is no need for them to, as you pointed out OP, I'm sure JB will save that particular trump card for a rainy day when sales start to slump ....but at present these kids are still buying up the Jumpman Air retros like they were crack, and this trend doesn't show signs of ending anytime soon -so why change it?

I don't think they will Jordan brand and Nike is like Verizon and Verizon wireless there under the same name in some respects but they are different companies and if I can remember correctly they cannot put Nike air on the back without paying Nike millions to do so... Considering that fact as stated above me kids are buying retros like crack there is no need to put a better quality product or Nike air on the back.. They can sell a retro made out of cardboard put the right color way people will still buy why fix something that isn't broken

I don't think they will Jordan brand and Nike is like Verizon and Verizon wireless there under the same name in some respects but they are different companies and if I can remember correctly they cannot put Nike air on the back without paying Nike millions to do so... Considering that fact as stated above me kids are buying retros like crack there is no need to put a better quality product or Nike air on the back.. They can sell a retro made out of cardboard put the right color way people will still buy why fix something that isn't broken

Originally Posted by LiveYungDieRich89

exactly

Originally Posted by LiveYungDieRich89

exactly

I like the Jumpman better honestly. Shows the growth and idependence of the brand.

Plus if all else fails.... Theres always dkonstantinos
pimp.gif

I like the Jumpman better honestly. Shows the growth and idependence of the brand.

pimp.gif

EVERYONE PLEASE LISTEN TO WHAT HE SAYS 5:54 TO 6:50

Firepower, didnt IIs get switched to having JORDAN on the bottom, if so when?
Black/ chrome IIs from 04 had NIKE on the back, but JORDAN on the bottom.
BUT, White/Black/ Red IIs from 2010 had NIKE on the back and JORDAN on the bottom, where as Premio IIs had AIR on the back. So it seems like it's not a distinct date when they stopped putting NIKE on IIs.

As for Is, I would say that them putting NIKE AIR on the Banned tongue was AN EXCEPTION and was just for that specific cw.

That being siad, I don't see NIKE AIR coming back anytime soon and honestly I don't think it will ever come back.  

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

pimp.gif

How can you say that Jumpmans look better say on I-VIs? I never would have thought that I'd see anyone endorsing Jumpmans, wow.

EVERYONE PLEASE LISTEN TO WHAT HE SAYS 5:54 TO 6:50

BUT, White/Black/ Red IIs from 2010 had NIKE on the back and JORDAN on the bottom, where as Premio IIs had AIR on the back. So it seems like it's not a distinct date when they stopped putting NIKE on IIs.

As for Is, I would say that them putting NIKE AIR on the Banned tongue was AN EXCEPTION and was just for that specific cw.

That being siad, I don't see NIKE AIR coming back anytime soon and honestly I don't think it will ever come back.  

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

pimp.gif

How can you say that Jumpmans look better say on I-VIs? I never would have thought that I'd see anyone endorsing Jumpmans, wow.

They can do it, but they don't have to. I'd love to see it go back, but a lot of people don't care.

They can do it, but they don't have to. I'd love to see it go back, but a lot of people don't care.

Sucks that I will probably never own Jordans III-VI with NIKE AIR on the back, I just think it completes the look and fits much better than the Jumpman. I don't think they will come back simply because at this point, once the people who love the sneakers for the sake of wearing them get them, they will probably never buy any more.

Sucks that I will probably never own Jordans III-VI with NIKE AIR on the back, I just think it completes the look and fits much better than the Jumpman. I don't think they will come back simply because at this point, once the people who love the sneakers for the sake of wearing them get them, they will probably never buy any more.

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

The Jordan on the sole started from 2004 onwards -the previous releases (OGs & '94 retros) had Nike on the sole.

As far as the back heel goes, they haven't stopped putting Nike on the IIs, it's just an ongoing process with no rhyme or reason behind what JB give us. The 2007 charity IIs had a Jumpman logo, the Eminems had 313, the BINs had Air & the last IIs to release, the "Candy" pack had Jordan. However, the 2010 White/reds & Black/white "QFs" both had Nike.

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

The Jordan on the sole started from 2004 onwards -the previous releases (OGs & '94 retros) had Nike on the sole.

As far as the back heel goes, they haven't stopped putting Nike on the IIs, it's just an ongoing process with no rhyme or reason behind what JB give us. The 2007 charity IIs had a Jumpman logo, the Eminems had 313, the BINs had Air & the last IIs to release, the "Candy" pack had Jordan. However, the 2010 White/reds & Black/white "QFs" both had Nike.

Originally Posted by FIREPOWER23

Wow, literally took the words right out of my mouth.

Originally Posted by FIREPOWER23

Wow, literally took the words right out of my mouth.

It was actually the 2001 bred 11s, in which the "Nike Air" was in the insole, inside of the shoe of coarse...

Back
Top Bottom