Question for my Asian Niketalkers.

Got a homeboy wanting to try some authentic Chinese dishes....he had no idea u Tim he tried it lol
IMO out of all asian cuisines, Chinese are the most likely to be Americanized. Face it, the average Americans can't do traditional Chinese. My friends can't do any of that "weird ingredients".
But to answer your question, I have always caught the workers eating their own packed foods, if not they whip up something completely different. Which is why my companies always ask me why the workers chose to eat less appealing foods.
Chinese is still the way to go tho! Lately I been on Thai and Korean heavy. Lets not forget all the delicious Japanese dishes too....but Viet food? Oh yeaaaaa!
I'm Viet

Random, but I seriously loath ppl looking for "authentic Chinese foods" walking into Pf Changs or Panda Express.

As far as Chinese people's diets, you are forgetting their metabolism is different from other races. I am half chinese and japanese and I have been blessed with one of the best metabolisms ever. I eat like crazy, drink tons of beer, eat junk food and in my 31 years of existance, I have never really gained that much weight. In high school I was always about 135lbs (I am 5'8) and when I was 29, I was finally about 150lbs. Now I am about 170lbs but that is cause I have been going to the gym. Even amongst other asian cultures, it's different. Like Filipinos have a different metabolism structure. A lot them can just balloon up out of no where as they get older. Chinese people.....not so much but there are some exceptions to the rule.

You don't actually believe that metabolism is race dependent do you ?

Or do you mean because the type of foods being consumed by each race is different because then that would be a better answer.

BTW it's not race, cause the two most countries with the most unhealthy people regardless of race is England and America.
you can pretty much figure out why.

Asians eat very small portions 4-5 times a day = fast metabolism. All the ones i know of btw

That doesn't equal fast metabolism at all lol.

there are more factors than that which determine a persons metabolism and that's all I'm going to say on that subject.

Reason I ask is because most Asians are physically fit but Chinese cuisine is really fatty. Is it something you guys eat every night or are there more traditional foods a little more healthy.

our food has more rice and veggies than meat so maybe it's a little harder (or take longer with larger portions) to get obese on a diet of rice and veggies?

but of course, body sizes tells you nothing about high cholesterol or high blood pressure, etc.

Most of the things you see on a Chinese food menu is American food. People in China don't eat General Tso's chicken, Crab Rangoon, Egg Foo Young, etc. These dishes are not part of Chinese cuisine. Because it comes from a Chinese restaurant doesn't make it Chinese food, e.g., most Chinese take-out spots also serve a fried chicken wings combo with french fries (and we wouldn't argue that that's Chinese food). So to answer OP's inquiry, Chinese employees at these restaurants eat Chinese food, which is generally healthier than the American food served in Chinese restaurants. Chinese cuisine, depending on your region of China, is typically heavy in grains (aside from the North) and is served with a lot of vegetables. There isn't as much emphasis on devouring equal amounts of protein as in the American diet.

I have always wanted traditional Chinese food. Apparently the farther west you go, the more oil and fat is used in the cooking.
Go to the China town in your city and find a nice restaurant. Ask the waiter what he recommends. Even when I go to Chinatown I get the unhealthy options and maybe order some vegetables. I recently started eating dim sum.

I got a question...

A local spot around my way, a huge Buffet in my are got busted by DHEC for having CATS in the freezer...

Question,....? Why do foreign food servers feel the need to use CATS instead of NON domesticated animals, Is it out of spite or is it cheaper to just get roadkill, rats and cats and pass them off as beef, pork and chicken?

I hope you're trolling

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: he's not the only one, some people on NT have posted before about this and they swear that some takeout spots use street cats for meat lmfao

chinese people eat smaller portions. you americans should learn to do the same. as for black folks.. yall just heffers.

:smh: :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: well damn

Last edited:
My buddies are Chinese, fams own restaurants, and they don't eat that stuff. I've heard all kinds of horror stories.

:rofl: Son, let's just get it straight. Egg Foo Young, Orange Chicken, General Tso's Chicken, and all the other **** you get at takeout places are NEVER made in a real Chinese household. There are so many variations of fried rice ya'll don't know what you missing out on. I say if you want to get a starter's lesson into Chinese food/cuisine, go for brunch at a decent dim sum joint. Like all restaurants, there are good and bad ones but at least they'll have a little less conventional dishes you're used to in small portions and you'll be able to see what you're eating. The people serving you probably won't know how to communicate what exactly they're serving you though :lol:
What you know about congee, all the different veggies we make, egg tart, duck and urrthing else? Give it a shot, it ain't gonna kill ya. If anything, you'll take a dump and it'll be out of you afterwards.

As for other Asian cuisines, I'll scarf all of them down without a doubt :pimp: I'm a semi-foodie and love trying different and unconventional restaurants (bless the NYC restaurant game) and every culture has their bomb dishes that any and everyone can enjoy. :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom