Question For Dudes In Relationships (Your Woman's Appearance)

Why do you like collecting shoes? Where did it originate from?

Man go look at those video interviews that were done on here. They asked a few NT dudes, "What made you collect shoes." They all said that when they wore shoes to school everybody went crazy and that feeling couldn't be touched. That is why they became a sneaker head. The attention.

Not seeing why that is so hard to understand. People want to look good to impress others. That is all I am saying. So yes, shoes (that we are speaking of) and $800 purses are worn to impress others.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Man go look at those video interviews that were done on here. They asked a few NT dudes, "What made you collect shoes." They all said that when they wore shoes to school everybody went crazy and that feeling couldn't be touched. That is why they became a sneaker head. The attention.

Not seeing why that is so hard to understand. People want to look good to impress others. That is all I am saying. So yes, shoes (that we are speaking of) and $800 purses are worn to impress others.
I already explained above. Was tired of wearing cheap sneakers from payless so I got into nikes. I buy different designs based on whuch ones I like

Originally Posted by Dagrandesoda

I already explained above. Was tired of wearing cheap sneakers from payless so I got into nikes. I buy different designs based on whuch ones I like
You should give up bro.
laugh.gif

But I wouldn't mind spending for cosmetic surgery on my chick if I had the funds, and thought it would be a good idea. Who wouldn't want there girl to have a Brazilian Butt Lift?

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

of course. if she wants it, she gets it.
women deserve the best that we have to offer them.
why deal with all the hassle of working and getting money if your not going to spend it to make the one's you love happy?
you young dudes need to grow up and see whats really important besides just sneakers and swag
smile.gif
33wte1j.gif

Damn, I would totally cosign the second half of what he said, if only it weren't about a woman
laugh.gif

He didnt even say she was showing off to her friends. He was saying other women who can somebody from the streets or even a mcdonalds worker would admire the purse. DC stop generalizing because not all dudes wear shoes to compete with other men. Some wear them cause they just like sneakers man. 
And you like sneakers because someone else deemed that world cool. You didn't pick up on it yourself. That is what we do, we copy and mimic. Nothing we do is original. I am not calling you gay for wanting to impress other dudes with your footwear, but the main reason for collecting is to show off. Shoes that is. We don't collect to fulfill personal aspirations. We collect to brag and compare and compete with others. That is what fashion is. An OUTWARD expression of one's self. 

I would tend to agree with you when I was younger. At 28 years old, I buy what feels comfortable to me. It does not cross my mind to buy with the intention of showing off or for bragging rights. I actually see where your coming from though....a lot of dudes buy to stunt and brag. I guess it depends on what type of dude you are.

Because you didn't think they looked (externally) presentable correct? So how is that not for the approval of others? Your desire for better shoes originated from that. You didn't want to look like a bum anymore.

Because you didn't think they looked (externally) presentable correct? So how is that not for the approval of others? Your desire for better shoes originated from that. You didn't want to look like a bum anymore.
IF you read closer you would read they lacked good arch support. Had nothing with me looking like a bum. I was still bagging chicks with them on.

I would tend to agree with you when I was younger. At 28 years old, I buy what feels comfortable to me. It does not cross my mind to buy with the intention of showing off or for bragging rights. I actually see where your coming from though....a lot of dudes buy to stunt and brag. I guess it depends on what type of dude you are.

Yea but I am not talking about comfort shoes. I am talking about spending $160+ on some shoes. Midnight release type shoes. Have to search for hours to find a good deal on EBAY type shoes. Those are bought for hype purposes. You can't convince me that people do all of that for themselves. No it is a competition. Fashion is a competition.
Now I never once said that EVERY ounce of clothing is done to stunt, but luxury items, yea I feel they are.

You aren't buying $800 purses because you "like" them.

You aren't buying a $100K car because you "like" it.

You aren't buying $160 sneakers because you "like" them."

You want praise. You are trying to show off.

Yea but I am not talking about comfort shoes. I am talking about spending $160+ on some shoes. Midnight release type shoes. Have to search for hours to find a good deal on EBAY type shoes. Those are bought for hype purposes. You can't convince me that people do all of that for themselves. No it is a competition. Fashion is a competition.
Now I never once said that EVERY ounce of clothing is done to stunt, but luxury items, yea I feel they are.

What is a luxury item really though. In some countires its a luxury to buy a soda. You think dudes in pooorer counties buying sodas to impress other people? Maybe I'm reaching but come on man. Luxury items tend to have better quality. I rather have a t bone steak instead of run down grandmarket meat. It is what it is man.

This is NIKE Talk so no one is gonna admit it but this is true...

How many times have you seen someone on here complain about glue stains/lower cut Foamposites, or comfort and quality issues on Jordans, or even the paint chipping on the new Kobes, or the 170 price tag on the Lebron 9's

But still, you buy them, often having to line up or get up earlier than usual to attain these shoes

Bottom line is, we all have at one point, if not currently, got up at 5,6,7,8,9 AM or otherwise went out of our way to spend upwards of 150-200 bucks on some *$%% quality shoes, not because we NEED it, but because we want to have something better than the next man

If it was just about having something comfortable, we'd be getting some 30 dollar Nikes from Rack Room or something

According to DC, we should just walk around with leaves covering our privates, we have NO right to like anything without explanation....

What is a luxury item really though. In some countires its a luxury to buy a soda. You think dudes in pooorer counties buying sodas to impress other people? Maybe I'm reaching but come on man. Luxury items tend to have better quality. I rather have a t bone steak instead of run down grandmarket meat. It is what it is man.

I just think he's saying

there's a reason dudes bought these:

10.11_profile.jpg

Over these:

lg454163001.jpg

Originally Posted by ksteezy

According to DC, we should just walk around with leaves covering our privates, we have NO right to like anything without explanation....

Pretty much. To him everything has to have a major reason behind it. We have no opinion because its already ingraved in stone that we like what we like because of predestined reasoning.

and sir, I purchased south beaches because I like the pink and blue more than I liked the common black and white.

^^^^im saying though....majority of the dudes who buy these popular kicks, including myself only wear these a handful of times....don't you think if it was meant fr impressing purposes we'd have them on everyday?

Well, at our age now we feel like we don't have to give a reason if we even have one, but I think our habits or likes/dislikes are rooted from something else. Could be what DC is getting at.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Well, at our age now we feel like we don't have to give a reason if we even have one, but I think our habits or likes/dislikes are rooted from something else. Could be what DC is getting at.

Thats still not fair,. Of course everyone has a reason behind things. But what DC is saying there is one reason we buy luxury which is to impress other people which is false. I know some kids who bought jays because michael jordan is their favorite player and they watched him play in them. I know some people who buy tims because their favorite brooklyn rapper used to wear them.

NOT BECAUSE THEY wanted to impress people.

DC where do you draw the line and no longer are trying to impress anyone?...how do you do it??...what do you wear?..

She normally pays for gettin her hair done..she doesn't get her nails done..she just puts nail polish on..and she mostly buys her own clothes..i got that independent woman..only times i would buy her clothes and get her hair did for her is if she didn't have money..

She does the majority of her own clothes shopping/dressing. I will buy her things of course, but I in no way take "full responsibility" for her appearance. Part in due to the fact that she already takes care of her appearance on her own in the first place.

He didnt even say she was showing off to her friends. He was saying other women who can somebody from the streets or even a mcdonalds worker would admire the purse. DC stop generalizing because not all dudes wear shoes to compete with other men. Some wear them cause they just like sneakers man. 
And you like sneakers because someone else deemed that world cool. You didn't pick up on it yourself. That is what we do, we copy and mimic. Nothing we do is original. I am not calling you gay for wanting to impress other dudes with your footwear, but the main reason for collecting is to show off. Shoes that is. We don't collect to fulfill personal aspirations. We collect to brag and compare and compete with others. That is what fashion is. An OUTWARD expression of one's self. 

I understand how this might seem true, but I also think that those people who feel that clothing/fashion/collecting is a uniquely superficial and extrinsic expression of one's self are a bit off. While common, not everyone who owns or collects clothing (including shoes) is doing so for some sort of recognition. 
Personally, I have a very intimate connection with nearly every item in my wardrobe, one that goes beyond caring about what other people think looks good. In this regard, I would say that a large part of my wardrobe has a good number of intrinsic characteristics. 

Regardless, at the end of the day, many things we own are still dictated by societal influence due to the fact that we did not design each item of clothing ourselves. As a result, someone is providing us with choices, from which we decide which we like best. The fact that we do like these things, however, is not necessarily dictated by what others think are "cool." Sometimes, we like things just because we like them.. nothing more, nothing less.

Anyway, to answer your question OP, if there is something that my girlfriend wants yet refuses to buy for herself for one reason or another, I'll do my best to get it for her. She has class, and would neither want nor ask for anything unreasonable. She takes care of herself very well with her own money. When I want to drop bills on her to see her smile I do, and she does the same for me. 

Nope, not at all. My ex got cosmetic surgery actually.....she paid for her hair, eyebrows, sephora, that's all her. I pay for all my supplements and quality food to look the way I do. That's individual stuff.

Back
Top Bottom