Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained (a Spaghetti Western) scheduled for release Christmas 2012

Only reason this movie is selling is cause of the big names, this movie looks dumb as hell. :smh:
Lettuce be cereal bros

Care to explain why it looks dumb as hell?

You must not rock with Tarantino and his style.

So is this still coming out on Xmas? :nerd:

Heard it was pushed back along with other movies with a lot of violence because of what happened in Connecticut.

^
Not sure why they would push back the movie because it has violence. If they release it a week later, it'll still have the same amount of violence. Since the tragedy, people want any media that has guns or killing to go away for a few days then welcome it back again. I was surprised they were playing Kick A_s on tv last night.

^
Not sure why they would push back the movie because it has violence. If they release it a week later, it'll still have the same amount of violence. Since the tragedy, people want any media that has guns or killing to go away for a few days then welcome it back again. I was surprised they were playing Kick A_s on tv last night.

just did a quick search and nothing came up about movie being pushed back. honestly it would be stupid to push it back. movie has nothing to do with sandy hook i don't see why it would be affected.

action movies are just that action movies. they've got nothing to do with the amount of guns on da streets. thats all politics.

I love his movies but Tarantino definitely walks that line. I don't think he's racist I just think he's fascinated by black culture. Maybe that sound right, I really don't know how to describe it. I wasn't sure about this movie but seeing some of the interviews him and Jamie Foxx have done makes me a little more comfortable with this movie.
Yeah he's a very awkward dude that really is really "into" black culture.  And that can come off offensive to some and just plain foolish to others.  I think of him as that white guy at the office that listens to rap and trys to be "cool" with you but he's not even being condescending he's just trying his best because he's so "into" the culture.  White Mike Tarantino

Lots of people have said that including Spike Lee (QT being racist), but I don't think he is. Samuel Jackson & Rza swear by him. I actually think Tarantino thinks he's black...I don't like the word one bit, but it's a violent movie with slavery as it's back drop, did you expect it not to?
Spike needs to shut up, hasn't made a good film in years

I love his movies but Tarantino definitely walks that line. I don't think he's racist I just think he's fascinated by black culture. Maybe that sound right, I really don't know how to describe it. I wasn't sure about this movie but seeing some of the interviews him and Jamie Foxx have done makes me a little more comfortable with this movie.

Yeah he's a very awkward dude that really is really "into" black culture.  And that can come off offensive to some and just plain foolish to others.  I think of him as that white guy at the office that listens to rap and trys to be "cool" with you but he's not even being condescending he's just trying his best because he's so "into" the culture.  White Mike Tarantino

Didn't he go to an all black high school in Tennessee or something? I thought this had something to do with it. He gets a pass. If Sam Jackson is cool with him, I effs with him

bingo, he he's was asian this would've been a non issue, asians are another group of folks that love culture,him making it white gives folks da license to question his motives.

taking da nearest vagina i can find to see this movie....looks fun, loved inglorious bastards.

The Weinstein Co didn't push back the release date for the movie, they canceled or pushed back the celebrity premiere.

kix4kix - Spike's done some really good work here & there (yes there are some misses). I loved Inside Man & 25th Hour (not to mention his classics). His MJ doc BAD25 was good as was his Katrina doc If God Is Willing and da Creek Don't Rise...Red Hook was an underrated movie IMO...

Tarantino 'Unchained,' Part 1: 'Django' Trilogy?
http://www.theroot.com/views/tarantino-unchained-part-1-django-trilogy

Excerpt from the Q&A

Quentin Tarantino: I don't know exactly when I'm going to do it, but there's something about this that would suggest a trilogy. My original idea for Inglourious Basterds way back when was that this [would be] a huge story that included the [smaller] story that you saw in the film, but also followed a bunch of black troops, and they had been f--ked over by the American military and kind of go apes--t. They basically -- the way Lt. Aldo Raines (Brad Pitt) and the Basterds are having an "Apache resistance" -- [the] black troops go on an Apache warpath and kill a bunch of white soldiers and white officers on a military base and are just making a warpath to Switzerland.

So that was always going to be part of it. And I was going to do it as a miniseries, and that was going to be one of the big storylines. When I decided to try to turn it into a movie, that was a section I had to take out to help tame my material. I have most of that written. It's ready to go; I just have to write the second half of it.

HLG: That might very well be the third of the trilogy.

QT: That would be the third of the trilogy. It would be [connected to] Inglourious Basterds, too, because Inglourious Basterds are in it, but it is about the soldiers. It would be called Killer Crow or something like that

HLG: When would it be set?

QT: In '44. It would be after Normandy.

Rotten Tomatoes
Rating: 92% - 62 reviews

Can......Not.......Wait!!!!!

Hasn't Spike always hated on Tarantino though?

Spike Lee questioned Tarantino's use of racial epithets in his films, particularly the racially offensive epithet "******". In a Variety interview discussing Jackie Brown, Lee said: "I'm not against the word... and I use it, but Quentin is infatuated with the word. What does he want? To be made an honorary black man?" Tarantino responded on Charlie Rose by stating:

As a writer, I demand the right to write any character in the world that I want to write. I demand the right to be them, I demand the right to think them and I demand the right to tell the truth as I see they are, all right? And to say that I can't do that because I'm white, but the Hughes brothers can do that because they're black, that is racist. That is the heart of racism, all right. And I do not accept that ... That is how a segment of the black community that lives in Compton, lives in Inglewood, where Jackie Brown takes place, that lives in Carson, that is how they talk. I'm telling the truth. It would not be questioned if I was black, and I resent the question because I'm white. I have the right to tell the truth. I do not have the right to lie.

In addition, Tarantino retaliated on The Howard Stern Show by stating Lee would have to "stand on a chair to kiss my ***." Samuel L. Jackson, who has appeared in both directors' films, defended Tarantino's use of the word. At the Berlin Film Festival, where Jackie Brown was being screened, Jackson responded to Lee's criticism by saying:

I don't think the word is offensive in the context of this film ... Black artists think they are the only ones allowed to use the word. Well, that's bull. Jackie Brown is a wonderful homage to black exploitation films. This is a good film, and Spike hasn't made one of those in a few years.

Tarantino has defended his use of the word, arguing that black audiences have an appreciation of his blaxploitation-influenced films that eludes some of his critics, and, indeed, that Jackie Brown, another oft-cited example, was primarily made for "black audiences".

According to a 1995 Premiere magazine article, actor Denzel Washington also confronted Tarantino on his usage of racial slurs in his pictures, but mentioned that Tarantino was a "fine artist."

Spike Lee questioned Tarantino's use of racial epithets in his films, particularly the racially offensive epithet "******". In a Variety interview discussing Jackie Brown, Lee said: "I'm not against the word... and I use it, but Quentin is infatuated with the word. What does he want? To be made an honorary black man?" Tarantino responded on Charlie Rose by stating:

As a writer, I demand the right to write any character in the world that I want to write. I demand the right to be them, I demand the right to think them and I demand the right to tell the truth as I see they are, all right? And to say that I can't do that because I'm white, but the Hughes brothers can do that because they're black, that is racist. That is the heart of racism, all right. And I do not accept that ... That is how a segment of the black community that lives in Compton, lives in Inglewood, where Jackie Brown takes place, that lives in Carson, that is how they talk. I'm telling the truth. It would not be questioned if I was black, and I resent the question because I'm white. I have the right to tell the truth. I do not have the right to lie.

In addition, Tarantino retaliated on The Howard Stern Show by stating Lee would have to "stand on a chair to kiss my ***." Samuel L. Jackson, who has appeared in both directors' films, defended Tarantino's use of the word. At the Berlin Film Festival, where Jackie Brown was being screened, Jackson responded to Lee's criticism by saying:

I don't think the word is offensive in the context of this film ... Black artists think they are the only ones allowed to use the word. Well, that's bull. Jackie Brown is a wonderful homage to black exploitation films. This is a good film, and Spike hasn't made one of those in a few years.

Tarantino has defended his use of the word, arguing that black audiences have an appreciation of his blaxploitation-influenced films that eludes some of his critics, and, indeed, that Jackie Brown, another oft-cited example, was primarily made for "black audiences".

According to a 1995 Premiere magazine article, actor Denzel Washington also confronted Tarantino on his usage of racial slurs in his pictures, but mentioned that Tarantino was a "fine artist."

Im with denzels side of this. Tarantino is a fine writer, but he does seem to be obsessed with using the n-word and it just screams of white privilege imo.

I respect Spike so much for saying, "that's just my opinion"(even though he shouldn't have to) because he understands people will assume he "speaks" for every black person and he's not trying to direct people away from the film.

Spike Lee questioned Tarantino's use of racial epithets in his films, particularly the racially offensive epithet "******". In a Variety interview discussing Jackie Brown, Lee said: "I'm not against the word... and I use it,

but, his argument is deaded right there.

Last edited:
I would love to see the two of them get into a physical altercation. Great entertainment. Quentin should ambush him at a Knicks game. :wow:

Maybe if Spike Lee concentrated more on his own craft and less on the craft of others he could regain the level of artistry that his work once held.

Yea because in order for Spike to have a valid opinion as a human being he must constantly create timeless works of art. >D

Last edited:
Maybe if Spike Lee concentrated more on his own craft and less on the craft of others he could regain the level of artistry that his work once held.

they asked what his opinion. Its not like he went around blurting things out. Speaking for a few seconds has nothing to do with anything really

Yea because in order for Spike to have a valid opinion as a human being he must constantly create timeless works of art. >D

yea.

Back
Top Bottom