Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained (a Spaghetti Western) scheduled for release Christmas 2012

Q.T. is a master. His framing is crisp and his writing his always on par. With that being said as I black man I'm not sure I'm comfortable with the tone of this film nor the timing.

This comes out on Jesus' birthday? I'm in there. 
pimp.gif

Can you imagine what the dialogue in this will be like? 
eek.gif

mean.gif

Last edited:
I highly doubt this is winning any oscars, not that type of a movie

performance wise it could
-this could be leo's "training day" oscar so to speak depending on how bad his character is, the guy is looooong overdue for one and i don't think gatesby gets him it.
- Samuel L. as a house slave should be VERY interesting, I'm thinking nomination for him.

really? this joint makes my guts turn with anger. It's funny how they'll mach and protest against rappers but this is "A-o'tay"

images

Its a western movie with a black protagonist who plays a freed slave killing slave owners. How does one find a way to be offended?

I haven't seen the newest trailer (remedial phone), but why are people outraged? I think the timing of its release is VERY interesting especially with the election a month before.

In regard to Jamie's accent, isn't he from the south? Coulda swore he's from Texas.

Yo...its slaves killing white people. How are ya'll STILL complaining over this?

Then y'all complain if there are no movies about slavery in hollywood.

Do ya'll want another Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter? 
laugh.gif

I mean QT did right by the Jews in defeating the Nazis...lets trust he'll do the same here. 

Last edited:
Yo...its slaves killing white people. How are ya'll STILL complaining over this?

Then y'all complain if there are no movies about slavery in hollywood.

Do ya'll want another Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter? :lol:

I mean QT did right by the Jews in defeating the Nazis...lets trust he'll do the same here. 

i was intrigued at first, thought it was gonna some kinda Nat Turner revenge story kinda thing

but then i realized it's just like every other movie about slavery that's been directed by a white guy. white guys saving black guys for the sake of the Union

Have you read the script? I promise it's not 'like every other movie about slavery that's been directed by a white guy.'

never happy :lol: :smh:

dont like the film industry? do something about....

Its a western movie with a black protagonist who plays a freed slave killing slave owners. How does one find a way to be offended?

like, seriously. You have to WANT to be offended in order to no eff with that idea. I guess Sweet Sweetback's Badass Song is the epitome of filmmaking, right? :rolleyes

Back
Top Bottom