QB THREAD - 2x quarterbacky award winner: Lamar Jackson

I definitely don't remember saying I would take Kaep over Luck. That doesn't sound right. I would still take him over Bob and probably over Russell. Russell is smarter but I like Kaep's arm and legs better.

1. That was an exact copy and paste of what you typed
2. Please tell me you are just bitter at the Hawks and don't really believe that

I don't remember thinking Kaep was better. I must have been high that day. Luck is the best young QB I've seen since Peyton.

I don't like Russell. Has nothing to do with Seattle. He has some good games and then he has some awful games. Haven't been impressed with him or Kaep this year. I think Kaep is the better athlete and is more talented.

Last edited:
Great article on Derek "the franchise" Carr.
Im sure Carr Lovers (zuby, jumpboy, iceboy, stillin hating) will ignore the proof and focus on his great attitude, useless arm strength and potential... those rascals lol

View media item 1287227Carr wisely doesn't throw to his No. 1 option, but he missed his second option deep left and picked up only a few yards on the pass short left.

View media item 1287228Defender kept eyes on Carr and was quick to react to short pass, but he was out of position to cover seam route.
View media item 1287230Lest you think this was a problem exclusive to the game against the Rams, here’s an example from Carr’s best game of the season against the San Diego Chargers earlier this year. In this case, Carr targets his well-covered No. 1 option and never makes it to his second read over the middle who was wide open for a first down.

There are dozens of examples of Carr either forcing the ball to his first read or taking a short completion underneath and not enough examples of him moving through all his progressions to find the open receiver.

Carr is hoping his top option is open and when he isn’t, he’s checking it down for a short gain. This comes at the expense of a second and third receiver who may be open on a play. Take away Carr’s No. 1 option, and he’s in trouble.

#parktheCarr
#Carrbage
#GoRaiders

I watched a couple drives of that game when it was like 38-0. I figured, hey, Rams will be in prevent, Carr is going to get a bunch of empty stats throwing to wide open guys.

Screen
Check down
Check down
Punt

Is what I saw. The ball may or may not have crossed the line of scrimmage.

At some point, I mean...... *shrugs*

And hate to say it, but if Oakland tries to get cute, and get Amari with a top 2-3 pick :smh:

The kid needs weapons, no doubt, but you don't use top 5 picks for said weapons, you can get 2-3 of them in the 2nd-3rd rounds, even an UDFA slot guy can come in and be productive year 1. Fill the bigger needs with those top 5 type picks. Hopefully they follow that ideal.

I said carr was wack in a week in review thread and raider fans were proclaiming he was heaven sent... ...

#junkthecarr.....

Last edited:
I watched a couple drives of that game when it was like 38-0. I figured, hey, Rams will be in prevent, Carr is going to get a bunch of empty stats throwing to wide open guys.

Screen
Check down
Check down
Punt

And hate to say it, but if Oakland tries to get cute, and get Amari with a top 2-3 pick :smh:

The kid needs weapons, no doubt, but you don't use top 5 picks for said weapons, you can get 2-3 of them in the 2nd-3rd rounds, even an UDFA slot guy can come in and be productive year 1. Fill the bigger needs with those top 5 type picks. Hopefully they follow that ideal.

This is accurate but his OL has been spoty and running game is awful. I want to see him with NFL Talent around him.

Screen
Check down
Check down
Punt

And hate to say it, but if Oakland tries to get cute, and get Amari with a top 2-3 pick
mean.gif

They should be trading out of that pick Rams style and drafting the line on both sides, plus maybe a 2nd round RB.

I'm a fan of a rival fan and started driving the ******* train three years ago. Said he'd be the best quarterback of all time and I haven't strayed from that, prophecy be damned.

laugh.gif
 JPZ I give you credit there.  Writers/broadcasters are even just now starting to throw around the "possible GOAT" idea.

He needs another win in February for sure.  But the numbers he's put up to this point are completely unmatched.  Monday night will be his 100th start... 300 yard passing game will put him at the most yards throw in that span and he's already thrown the most TD's in 100 starts.

Brees went on radio and said AR has the "best arm talent in the league, and its not close". 

Efficiency has been the story of his career thus far. 220 TD's to 55 INT's is unheard of.  Passer rating is further away from 2nd place than 2nd place is from 14th place.  Stupid numbers. 1 MVP already, SB win, SB MVP, looking like a 2nd MVP coming this year at this point.

No matter what he does in the future though, Chester will still have funny gif's, past 9ers h2h W's and Alex Smith #1 overall to look back on. 
nthat.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom